LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
kingmj4891
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:18 pm
--- description ---
Abuse gondor to make roaming minions and discard and shoot them down. Needs some help but still pretty solid theme.
--- end description ---

Frodo And Ring
*The One Ring, The Ring of Doom(15R1)
*Frodo, Weary From The Journey(15C144)

Sites
(0)Anduin Banks(11U227)
(0)Fangorn Glade(11S239)
(0)Fortress of Orthanc(11S241)
(1) Steward’s Tomb(18U139)
(2)Caras Galadhon(11S231)
(3) Falls of Rauros(17U146)
(3) Imladris(17U147)
(3)Trollshaw Forest(11S260)
(4) Sirannon Ruins(18U138)

Fellowship (33)
1x *Seeing Stone of Orthanc(9R38)
3x *Aragorn, Thorongil(15R55)
1x *Faramir, Captain of Ithilien(18R48)
1x *Madril, Defender of Osgiliath(15R64)
2x Ranger of the White Tree(17S33)
4x Citadel Of Minas Tirith(3R40)
4x Gondor Bowmen(3R41)
4x A Ranger’s Versatility(1U113)
4x What Are They?(1C119)
2x *Aragorn’s Bow(1R90)
1x *Faramir’s Bow(4R118)
2x *Sting, Elven Long Knife(18R113)
4x Ithilien Blade(15C62)

Shadow (33)
2x *Ithil Stone(9R+47)
4x Orc Bowmen(1R264)
4x Under the Watching Eye(1C281)
4x Hate(1R250)
2x *Desert Lord(4R219)
2x *Gothmog, Morgul Leader(18R80)
3x *Grishnakh, Orc Captain(5R100)
2x *Orc Archer Troop(7U294)
3x *Orc Cutthroat(5U104)
3x *Orc Patrol(5U107)
1x *Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul(1U231)
3x Orc Scouting Band(1U270)

Fellowship.
Start all companions except for Aragorn. Use Madril to make minions roaming by adding threats with Aragorn or the Seeing Stone of Orthanc, then discard big minions with the blades or what are they, shoot anything left over. This deck can also fight if it needs to. Combined Sting and the seeing stone to draw cards in the regroup to move again.Heal with the citadel’s cause you should never lose a skirmish. This deck puts off very little twilight which will help in the Run, Gun, and discard.

Shadow.
Basic Sauron Archery/Under The Watching Eye Deck set up fast and wound and exert. Steward’s Tomb at the site 6 sanctuary can hurt them bad. Hate off key companions and Gothmog is basically a +3 archery minion. The Ithil Stone helps setup faster and can play minions in a choke situation.

Sites
Stewards Tomb can be devastating to fellowships who rely on healing at sites 3 and 6.
Anduin Banks equals more archery to throw at opponent.
All other sites just help the deck along, and most sites are rivers or forests for A Ranger’s Versatility.

Tips.
Try to go second, so the sites you want come out, But don’t be afraid to run ahead when the time is right. Biggest downfall is this deck lacks condition removal on the fellowship side and can fall victim to possession hate shadows. Since all companions are hunters it should help if their is a need to fight. The new Balrog that skips the maneuver and archery phase can cause problems.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:30 am
Yeah... if you’re single moving, I don’t think you’ll have much of a problem. Laughing

One thing I might try is swapping out Frodo and Sting x2 for Gimli and Armor of Khazad x2. The Armor reabsorbs threats and minimizes the wounds to your companions in case someone kicks the bucket. As a side effect it also keeps your threat count high if by some stretch of the imagination neither Aragorn nor the Seeing Stone is around.

I might also swap out a copy of ARV for Last Throw in case you need to triple move. Although I’m sorely tempted to turn this into a running deck by loading up on companions and possibly adding Smeagol for path control (with Citadel probably being the first casualty).

For your site path I’d definitely recommend The Prancing Pony. Pull Aragorn early and load up on threats in time for maneuver phase nastiness! In this case I think it’ll be safe to drop the Seeing Stone.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:08 pm
Drop the Gondor Bowmen for Invigorated, and pack both Pippin, WoBaS and Radagast for a triple. Also, use The Prancing Pony to nab Aragorn, allowing a single copy to work fine for the deck. Nice choice of Faramir! The ability to make it like he’s wielding an Ithilien Blade, even when he’s not, is nice.

Radagast will help you run like mad, and Pippin will help in the skirmish when your guys are inevitably exhausted. Allow a minion to slip through, heal with Invigorated, knife with Pippin, and run again!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded