LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » General Discussion » Admin Announcements
Cobra
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:37 am
The forum’s database has been repaired after another strange crash. Apologies for the downtime!

If this happens again, please don’t hesitate to let me know. There is literally a "repair database" button I can click that will do the job in about two minutes. Unfortunately I just haven’t had time to keep up with these forums lately, so I won’t know unless someone tells me. Wink

I may still be up for training a new administrator to keep things running smoothly -- perhaps when my schedule lets up a bit over spring break. (Still up for it, M_H? Smile) However, please note that the "admin" is basically just a super-moderator -- in addition to the normal mod functions, he can add/remove moderators, create/delete forums, ban/reinstate players, and so on. He does NOT have the "back end" server access that is unfortunately required to fix this sort of problem.

I am currently working on setting the database up to repair itself automatically at a specified time interval. This won’t solve the problem (and I’m afraid I lack the technical expertise to know what’s causing it exactly), but it should limit any future downtime to a matter of hours or even minutes, rather than days.

Cheers,
Conor
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.

Forum index » General Discussion » Admin Announcements