LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Celebrimbor
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:15 pm
I like Guerilla tactics. Unfortunately, I have yet to see companions especially jump in and out of the blue to fight minions. I want to experiment with the guerilla keyword.

Guerilla (This companion may be played only during the regroup phase. At the end of the turn, you must return this companion to hand)

like it? I thought it would work great with Gondor rangers.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
menace64
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:00 pm
It’s an interesting idea, but the world guerrilla doesn’t really fit in LotR. I’d suggest something like [/b]flanking[/b].
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:28 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Flanking really doesn’t capture the flavor of the idea, though. I’d suggest Ambush if it weren’t already taken. Hmm...what about Concealed?

Anyway, it’s an interesting idea. I like.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:48 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
concealed works

I think assignment would work better, but then it would be mildly broken. Maybe make them weak archers, they jump out in archery, then can’t be assigned to a skirmish that turn?

IDK
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:31 pm
I think you need to work on the keyword, because none of the ideas seem to fit.

I like the idea. Would have to operate on a double move, and every companion MUST have some keyword that triggers on entering play.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:41 am
Guerilla fits well with what youre doing and if it wasnt lotr id give it a Thumbs Up.

But i think the others are right if you can just alter the keyword to be more middle earthy i think its an awesome mechanic, though id tweak it to plays normally OR regroup but is returned at the end of the turn or next regroup phase otherwise its too limited and i wouldnt use it.

Nice ideas.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Celebrimbor
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:13 pm
I knew that at first the idea seemed a bit far-fetched, but with some fiddling it could look kinda cool.

lem0n I had a bit of difficulty understanding your post. Did you suggest that the Guerilla keyword allow playing during the maneuver or regroup?

To all: It doesn’t sound "middle-earthy"? That’s what the rangers did all the time, jumping out, shooting a bunch of orcs, than hiding back in the bushes.

What I want is companions that get played over and over again, than getting returned to hand or stacking on special "camoflage" conditions at the end of the turn, or during the regroup phase.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:45 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
The word "guerrilla", I think, is what doesn’t sound Middle-Earthy.

I really like this keyword, with how it encourages a double-move. It’s interesting, how it breaks the Rule of 5, more or less. If you have a 5-companion core, you bring four of these dudes out, and then stack them or return them to hand after they absorb wounds and such. I like.

Just don’t make them too strong. That’s a powerful ability.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:17 am
Celebrimbor wrote:

lem0n I had a bit of difficulty understanding your post. Did you suggest that the Guerilla keyword allow playing during the maneuver or regroup?

Sorry by normally i mean played in the fellowship as normal companions. If you could play it then OR the regroup i think it would be loads more viable and flexible. And then the condition for returning to hand is at the start if the NEXT regroup phase OR at the end of the turn. I think that would be cool.

To all: It doesn’t sound "middle-earthy"? That’s what the rangers did all the time, jumping out, shooting a bunch of orcs, than hiding back in the bushes.

CG is right its just the single word "Guerilla" it doesnt roll of your tongue well in the same sentence as osgiliath or rangers etc.. Just change the word to something less odd sounding even though it is a good meaning.
What I want is companions that get played over and over again, than getting returned to hand or stacking on special "camoflage" conditions at the end of the turn, or during the regroup phase.

Both good ideas.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
kingmj4891
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:10 pm
I like the idea in general, but I think it should just limit the companion from being played outside the fellowship phase and being discarded at end of turn. Each card could then have different benefits or effects for the phase in which it is played.

Example: I also made the keyward named protector cause i think it is more LOTR.

4 •Angbor, Lord of Lamedon[Gondor]
Companion • Man
STR 10
VIT 2
RES 6
Protector.(This companion may not be played during the fellowship phase and is discarded at end of turn.)
To play, add two threats or two burdens.
You may play Angbor, anytime you could play a regroup event or during a skirmish involving the ringbearer.
While the you can spot 3 Gondor token each minion skirmishing Angbor is strength -2.

This card not only great for doubles and triples but can help during fierce skirmishes as well. The only thing i can think of is it could hurt the shadow very bady at site 8 and 9 with such a disposable companion.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards