LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
bobtheorc
Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:59 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
hi i’m bobtheorcs brother and hes letting me use his username to post my deck.

Ringbearer:Gimli Bearer Of Grudges and The One RingSWTC Free peoples: 33 Shadow Side: 34 Total: 67 Rare count: 24

1 Durin III, Dwarven Lord
1 Fror Gimli’s Kinsman
1 Boromir Doomed Heir
1 Aragorn Guide and Protector
1 Faramir Son of Denethor
1 Ring of Retribution
1 Ring of Accretion
1 Gimlis battle axe tested weapon
2 Hand Axe
2 Dwarven axe
1 Dwarven Bracers
1 Blade of Gondor Sword of Boromir
1 Boromir’s Gauntlets
1 Aragorn’s Bow
1 Ranger’s sword blade of Aragorn
1 Knights spear
2 Bow of Minas Tirith
1 Armor of the Citadel
1 Houses of Healing
1 Stewards Legacy
1 Aggression
1 Hardy Garrison
4 Defend it and Hope
1 City of Men
1 War and Valor
1 Swordarm of the White Tower
1 Tidings of Erebor
1 Best Company
1 Stout and Strong
1 Flurry of Blows
Shadow Side: 34
3 Southron Archer Legion
2 Southron Troop
4 Southron Bowman
1 Elite Archer
2 Desert Lord
1 Southron Intruder
1 Troop of Haradrim
2 Haradrim Marksman
2 Suzerain of Harad
1 Southron Fighter
1 Mumak Commander
1 War Mumak
3 Mumak
3 Quelled
1 New Strength Came Now
1 Men of Rhun
1 Field Of The Fallen
2 Rallying call
2 Seasoned Leader

This decks free peoples involves your basic dwarf strategy start Durin and get him huge. Fror is put in instead of Linnar because I ordered Linnar with some Hunter cards which of course haven’t come yet Sad . I decided to use Gondor men to be different and because the Defend it and hope works well vs. Uruk-hai which because I mostly play my brothers who almost always play with Uruk-hai . This is also one of the reason for rangers sword blade of Aragorn instead of Anduril FOTW. The second is I can use Aragorns Bow if I don’t use Anduril FOTW. Boromir is in to give me another strong companion while Faramir can stop my opponent from playing pesky events. Gimli’s battle axe tested weapon works perfectly with Gimli’s ability and with a hand axe, it, bracers, armor, and a ring he can be 18 strength if Gimli gets assigned or I use knights spear. I can take out most of the minions that Durin can’t kill with Defend it and hope combined with Stewards Legacy or Aragorn’s Bow. Boromir is going to need lots of healing, thus houses of healing . The minion side is your basic archery minus 4 desert lord(I only have two ) The southron bowmen exert main fighters and then the larger minions can kill them Desert Lord and Southron fighter work much the same way exerting three times to exert companions and becoming huge in the process via seasoned leader (which I will have to get more of). Field of the fallen takes advantage of this decks high kill count while Rallying call causes more wounds via threats.
advice would be nice
Last edited by bobtheorc on Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:22 am; edited 5 times in total
Earthshaker
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:47 am
Well I see very few companions (5) and at the possesions I see a few unique items only useable for a specific companion.
There is a change you will not pull the companions in time and get your hand clogged with items for aragorn while you have Faramir and Boromir and vica versa.
bobtheorc
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:08 am
thanks for the feedback, also I have 6 companions but the post messed up so it was hard to tell. In regard to companions I normally get prancing pony out quickly so I get aragorn out very fast and I’ve never really had trouble with it but thanks anyway any suggestions for the minion side?
Gagnut
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:08 pm
I think your deck is okay. Perhaps get rid of Durin III, Dwarven Lord. Besides that your southern men are okay. Say "hi" to BobtheOrc. Salutations.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:27 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Gagnut wrote:
I think your deck is okay. Perhaps get rid of Durin III, Dwarven Lord. Besides that your southern men are okay. Say "hi" to BobtheOrc. Salutations.

Why would he get rid of Durin III? I mean that would seriously hurt the deck. OK deck I would definitly suggest trying to get more of Desert Lord
Sickofpalantir
syndrome
Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:16 pm
I do believe the rules state your two decks have to be of equal card amounts, no?
http://myspace/delicatesituation
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:33 pm
Phazanzar wrote:
I do believe the rules state your two decks have to be of equal card amounts, no?

I will check it out, but I am pretty sure you can have one more card.

Never mind I just checked it and you were right.
Not sure why we thought that. May have been that some other posted decks had that same problem.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:12 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
bobtheorc wrote:
Phazanzar wrote:

I will check it out, but I am pretty sure you can have one more card.

Never mind I just checked it and you were right.
Not sure why we thought that. May have been that some other posted decks had that same problem.

I think that it says that in the rulebook but a deck at decipher (not the messagboards) had one more card on one of the sides.
hblika
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:54 am
The fellowship side (not counting the Ring-bearer and the ring) and the shadow side MUST contain an equal amount of cards, and 30 cards each side minimum. At least when you’re playing by the official game rules...

(See paragraph ’Building your deck’ on page 9 in the Comprehensive Rulebook)
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
ingold55
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:18 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
i like the deck, a few things i would change is,

drop knight’s spear, add gondorian blade.

drop ranger’s sword blade of aragorn, (unless the area you play in deals with uruks alot.) and add in anduril king’s blade. other than that i see nothing else.

wait what sites do you use?
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded