LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
gil-estel
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:04 am
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Well, not sure if the wording is correct, but I think you’ll get the message. What was your most stupid moment during lotr. Mine was this: for a few months -had no-one to correct me..a friend of mine made the same mistake (visions of the blind leading the criplle anyone?)- I thought that exerting was equal to wounding. Imagine the moment we found out what is really was Mr. Green Embarassed
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:12 am
When I first started playing I believed that minions were in play for the entire game; no discarding at the end of the regroup phase.

And yes, the games were usually RB swarms at 3 or 4. Razz
I had to put something here.
OneFathom
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:11 am
So far, I think I’m winning. When my friends and I first started playing, after playing our FP cards in the fellowship phase, many times we just wouldn’t move.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:29 am
I have done same as AP and not discarded minions, ive also done the same as GE and thought you could exert to death, all when i started years ago.

A couple of years back i used sting bane of the eight legs in a tournament. I assigned a monstrous fierce easterling captain to frodo and placed a threat to discard him and was told thats not how it works and lost the tournament!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:42 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
When I first started, my friends and I each thought everyone had their own sitepath, and that said sitepath was made up only of the Freeps adventure deck (I don’t think we had any shadow cards that played/replaced sites, either....)

Made alot of sites pretty stupid, playing that way....
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Ok when we first started, we though you added twilight for each condition event possession and companion you had played every time you moved, we though that you skirmished on site 1, we thought that minions weren’t discarded, they would go back to your hand, we though you opponent could exert you to death, but you couldn’t, um...oh I thought that saved from the fire was the worse card ever invented Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:42 pm
*grin* Well I knew to discard minions, but I couldn’t ever see them getting a Shadow kill without swarming the Ring-bearer. Play a few guys, deal a few wounds, and the fellowship heals them all at a sanctuary! Yeah... in terms of individual minion power there’s a huge difference between Moria and the damage/fierce cultures. Wink

For actual mistakes I guess being confused whether I could exert multiple times with one event, stuff like that.

For the card I knew would shine one day... Black Steed! (Didn’t take a genius to figure out lots o’ plains were coming.) For the card I didn’t think would ever be left out... Power According to His Stature.

Wow, my post was all over the place.
LeoKula
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:15 pm
OneFathom wrote:
So far, I think I’m winning. When my friends and I first started playing, after playing our FP cards in the fellowship phase, many times we just wouldn’t move.

LOL this is awesome!

I think most of us wondered one day about exerting to death... i remember when i played the rohan TTT starter agains my brother with the aragorn TTT starter and then finally one day i got a TMoR and I was so pissed I couldn’t exert his dunlands... and kept reading the rules trying to find a hole!

I don’t remember any major goofs, but I remember i thought that RotEL common Saruman could assign a lot of uruks to one companion lol but soon I found out I couldn’t Sad
If you have a MW Éomer, Horsemaster, please let me know what you want for it Smile
NBarden
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:30 pm
Sticking elven bow on Legolas for double archer. Embarassed
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
LeoKula
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:09 pm
NBarden wrote:
Sticking elven bow on Legolas for double archer. Embarassed

LOL great!

My cousin once played that event that makes all sauron minions fierce... but he played it after all fierce skirmishes were resolved and wanted them to be "fierce +1" as we mocked him LOL
If you have a MW Éomer, Horsemaster, please let me know what you want for it Smile

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion