LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:13 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Im confused here Thran as to whats going on. Sorry!

I’ve tried to explain everything above. What exactly is confusing you?

About Galadriel, she’s only got strength 3 so I figured wound prevention was the last of your problems if she’s got to fight!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:20 am
Give her a sword and a play the ewer and she is OP to the extreme. Doesnt matter if she had 1 strength (well maybe but u get the idea) both abilites are too good.

As far as i was confused about nenya, havign re read your rules it helps slightly but what a dodgy rules replacement. I like the idea quite a lot actually but its so far away from what D have always done you might as well make a new TCG based on it. This is no new mechanism. Its an entirely new way of playing. Like you say you dont even wear the ring.

Argh. Dunno what say mate. You do test me dont you!?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:33 am
The Elven rings you can’t wear, because it makes sense. The Dwarven and Wraith ones, however, will be worn.

Also, I have as yet not decided whether previous Shadow cards like Resistance Becomes Unbearable should make you wear these rings as well, or whether they should only work for the One.

lem0nhead wrote:
... its so far away from what D have always done you might as well make a new TCG based on it.

That’s one of the points of this set, a testing ground for crazy ideas that the game never had a chance to explore. I’m pretty sure there are some MTG cards that change the way the game is played (and there certainly are in SWCCG with the objectives and starting interrupts and epic events), so why not in LotR?

Also, I think the Ewer is basically broken anyway, but I’ve doubled the cost on the wound prevention.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:37 am
Still think as an arb she is well too hard id scrap both abilities and start again, cos theres no way in built burden removal and wound prevention is balanced.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:38 am
Except that all previous Ring-bearers have built in wound prevention by wearing the One Ring. The Elven ARBs here can’t wear their rings, so they have wound prevention text.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:01 am
d'oh!

True enough I have of course overlooked this but their penalty was burdens (which are m worse) not cards from hand (which are 10 a penny!) which still supports my OP outlook from a different perspective.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:17 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

• Nenya, Ring of the Elves Ring
Legendary.
Galadriel may not bear a ring.
Each time the fellowship moves from a forest site, add a burden.
Maneuver: Discard an Elven card from hand to choose a Shadow player who must heal a companion.
if they can’t wear them, then how come galadriel elrond and gandalf are always wearing theirs? or is it they can’t USE them.

0 • Galadriel, Bearer of Sorrow Elven
Companion • Elf
Str: 3
Vit: 3
(Res): 9
Ring-bearer - Nenya.
Each time Galadriel is about to take a wound in a skirmish, you may remove from the game 2 Elven cards in your discard pile to prevent that wound.
Fellowship: Exert 2 Elves to remove a burden.

I think it is Ok...though the resistance should be majorly toned down. Something nearer to say...7?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:29 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
• Nenya, Ring of the Elves Ring
Legendary.
Galadriel may not bear a ring.
Each time the fellowship moves from a forest site, add a burden.
Maneuver: Discard an Elven card from hand to choose a Shadow player who must heal a companion.

MY HEAD A-SPLODE. Shocked

Okay, so here’s my question: what keeps other RBs from bearing this? I know it’s pretty weak with most ARBs, but I’d at least consider it with, say, Frodo. I say you limit this to being used by Galadriel (or at least Elves) somehow. Overall, though, while the idea blows my mind, I guess I can’t really find anything else actually wrong with it.

Thranduil wrote:
0 • Galadriel, Bearer of Sorrow Elven
Companion • Elf
Str: 3
Vit: 3
(Res): 9
Ring-bearer - Nenya.
Each time Galadriel is about to take a wound in a skirmish, you may remove from the game 2 Elven cards in your discard pile to prevent that wound.
Fellowship: Exert 2 Elves to remove a burden.

So she can ONLY be the RB if the Ring is Nenya? I guess that works then...but I’d still rather she have her normal 7 resistance with the Nenya Ring giving a +2, because otherwise I’d use her all the time without Nenya anywhere in sight thanks to her awesome abilities AND high resistance. Speaking of which, you may want to limit her fellowship ability to when she bears Nenya...any version.

Perhaps her wound prevention would be better if it discarded cards from hand or from play? Removing from the discard pile means that she’s just nuts with Elvents.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:19 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
So she can ONLY be the RB if the Ring is Nenya? I guess that works then...but I’d still rather she have her normal 7 resistance with the Nenya Ring giving a +2, because otherwise I’d use her all the time without Nenya anywhere in sight thanks to her awesome abilities AND high resistance. Speaking of which, you may want to limit her fellowship ability to when she bears Nenya...any version.

Sorry, perhaps it wasn’t the clearest. Her cost is 0 and she has the keyword Ring-bearer like most Frodos, so she can only be the Ring-bearer. In other words, you can never use her without bearing Nenya.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:23 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Sorry, perhaps it wasn’t the clearest. Her cost is 0 and she has the keyword Ring-bearer like most Frodos, so she can only be the Ring-bearer. In other words, you can never use her without bearing Nenya.

Ah. Hmmm. Think I still think, just for flavor’s sake, that she should have 7 resistance the new Nenya give +2 resistance. But that might just be me.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards