LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:16 am
I played NB about three months ago, and he surrended on site 2 when I killed three of his companions with archery. Twisted Evil
I had to put something here.
NappyKorn
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:18 am
lem0nhead wrote:
I do apologise NK i had always assumed it read cannot be assigned, now i check youre right. That makes him even more broke than i assumed him to be when he kept killing my frodo for rohan.

Gees he needs x-ing. He is more broke than ferny so how he is still legal ill never know.

Shocked what is with people and there broken everything Laughing . I always thought BROKEN meant it can’t be beaten. Half if not all of what peopleclaim to be broken can be beat by something simple. All you have to do is expect it to be in a deck especial stuff like Nertea (which can go pretty much with anything). OP yes Nertea and Namarie are. But Nertea can be killed before the assignment phase even gets there or you can simple run a few extra freeps cultures if he worries you that much. As for Namarie it can be discarded just like any other Freeps condition. I play an orc deck that relies heavily one conditions. Since Namarie worries me when I play that deck I run x2 Insengard Underling and x2 Dread and Despair. Anyway I do see a few things as broken I guess, but most can be dealt with with a few extra cards in a deck Very Happy .
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:37 am
I dont "define" broken as anything in particular. I use it as a term when a card is ruining gameplay by giving an unfair advantage to a strategy that messes up the game and makes it too unreasonable on an opponent.

I never buy the arguement "ooo it can be countered" for anything. Everything can be countered by stuff but that doesnt mean every deck necessarily has the ability to do so or that you would make all your decks specifically to counter 1 card or another.

Its like saying galadriel lady broken from md can be countered if you kill her. Yes true but its bloody hard to do and not helped by the fact you have no condition or event support as she blitzed it all. Saying Nertea can be countered if you kill him before assignment is weak at best.

Bill was x-listed due to unfair assignment advantages as D were well aware assignment choices for the shadow are extremely powerful especially with the alternate RB’s. Here it is not only as good as Bill but better and stronger, hence the reason you had a site 2 kill in 1 card without effort.

I dont see why i should make each of my decks with killing nertea in mind. That for me is sufficient example of a card being broken where i have to worry about 1 nazgul everytime i construct a fellowship.

OP and broken are different for me. I face OP decks in my meta sometimes but i wouldnt call them beyond reasonable. I do draw a line somewhere without calling broken everytime i see a card that hurts me. But a 1 card combo that can kill ur rb is sick.

And i know im not the only one ive seen several people call for nertea to be addressed.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NappyKorn
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:07 am
Not saying that killing Nertea is the only way to counter him. You can pump just a bit with even the crapiest RB or evn companion to make him just a wounding minion. Even when facing Galadriel all she has to do is have silver ewer out and she is aved from the overwhelm. Not to mention just a single +2 strength pump will work. I do agree though maybe he should at best have to spot something to work. Maybe have him spot another Nazgul to work or maybe he should have to spot 5 or 6 comps or possible 3 cultures. Anyway he is OP for sure but not Broken in my opinion anyway
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
NBarden
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:07 pm
Dain and I were both playing Forestguls. I doubled to three and we had a forest out. When he moved to 2, I dropped Nertea, LitW and Nelya. Nelya took archery, Nertea hit Galadriel w/ LitW 2 forests. He had strength pumps first time, but fierce got him.

Seriously, Forestguls + Nelya + LitW is pretty bad. Strength 15 fierce self-assigning Nazzie?

Best play of opponent? I was playing Bib with Solo Smeagol and this was before the Great Ring was released. So I (stupidly) used the Ring of Rings and barely gave enough twilight (Thanks to suicide pip and Fishing Boat) to let him play two Sauron roaming Orcs (the beatdown ones that are huge when roaming). Survived first skirmish, fierce overwhelmed me. Site 2 kill.

So Dain, don’t worry about getting site 2 killed. Everyone gets squashed at 2.

If, however, you get squashed at 1, then there’s a problem. (It IS possible).
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
TheHobbit13
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:27 pm
i was playing dwarves my durin died cry... he had sauroman rabble rouser plus pumps i thought i had enough but he had some in hand... the sweetest play i ever did was survive site nine 5 on gimli RB
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
TheHobbit13
i was playing dwarves my durin died cry... he had sauroman rabble rouser plus pumps i thought i had enough but he had some in hand... the sweetest play i ever did was survive site nine 5 on gimli RB
TheHobbit13
TheHobbit13
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:30 pm
i was playing dwarves it was my durin III who died... he had sauroman rabble rouser plus pumps i thought i had enough but he had some in hand... the sweetest play i ever did was survive site nine with 5 minions on gimli RB 1 or 2 away from corrupiton.

o and three sites in a row i killed Ulaire cantea with durin
NBarden
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:03 pm
Quadruple post! Whoa!

Shocked
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion