LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Kralik
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:59 am
Mostly to spam other people at a rate of 1000 emails every three minutes. Rolling Eyes
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:14 pm
Kralik wrote:
After I noticed that Tharanduil was doing it by hand, I went ahead and wrote a program to AutoLink card images for you.

Wow, I only just noticed that.

Thanks Kralik, but it’s not hard to do it by hand given that all the images have the card numbers in the web address.

Really hope your site is up again soon! Pray

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:19 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Indeed. It’s my best source for finding lore that’s already been used, among other wonderful features.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Kralik
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:56 pm
What exactly about lore? At some point I was thinking of adding it, but it would have to be after I can program a better search.
Kralik
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:23 am
Update II: My hosting provider is going to restore my site. I’m not sure if they work on the weekends, but here’s hoping that it’s up again by Monday. Sorry for the hassle! d'oh!
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:19 pm
Joined: 07 May 2007 Posts: 389 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
You don’t need to apologise for the hassle Kralik, it isn’t your fault.

I must admit, though, that I am going through withdrawls! I keep clicking the link to your site in my favourites, hoping that one of these times, it will come up. Laughing Your site is very valuable to my trading!

Thanks for all of your good work, I look forward to seeing the site up and running again.
Trade With Me, I went to Middle Earth, and all I got was this stupid ring!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.
Kralik
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:23 pm
No problem. To a certain extent it is my fault though, as I had failed to properly secure one of my other websites. LotRTCGDB wasn’t the site that was actually hacked, but it was affected. I’ll have to be more careful next time.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:43 pm
Your site was actually hacked into? Creepy.

And thanks for using my deck as an example. Great publicity for me. Mr. Green

So the way your "program" works, is you enter a normal name into it such as "Aragorn, Thorongil" and it outputs it in this format?

Code:
[url=http://www.decipher.com/blahblahblah]Aragorn, Thorongil[/url]

I assume you used java, or c++ or something...
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Kralik
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:00 pm
Celebrimbor wrote:
Your site was actually hacked into? Creepy.

And thanks for using my deck as an example. Great publicity for me. Mr. Green

So the way your "program" works, is you enter a normal name into it such as "Aragorn, Thorongil" and it outputs it in this format?

Code:
[url=http://www.decipher.com/blahblahblah]Aragorn, Thorongil[/url]

I assume you used java, or c++ or something...

Pretty close, but it actually links to the LotR TCG Database, not Decipher’s site.

I used AutoHotKey--a nifty and easy-to-learn Windows scripting program. Source code is on my site when it comes back up.
Kralik
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:08 pm
Sweetness! My webhost came through and the site is now back up and operational. AutoLink should be working again. Cool

Let me just take a moment to put in a good word for Arvixe. It’s a great company and they have given me loads of quality support over the years. Plus, they upgraded my account for free, so I now have essentially unlimited bandwidth ("3000GB"). Mr. Green

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion