LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Kralik
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:14 pm
Just the same program from the front page of the database. I update it frequently, but I don’t change the front page to reflect that. Right-click on the ring icon and choose Help see what version you are running... it should be "Cubic". If not, update.
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:55 pm
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
Ok, so let’s see if it works. Returned, Mad Thing, Now Perfected.

Awesome! Have a GP Kralik.
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
Kralik
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:58 pm
Here come the acronyms! Whenever I program something, I like to think of ways to do things automatically rather than entering everything in by hand. So I wrote a program to turn every card title into an acronym! Then, it removed any doubles. The end result is that now you can use the AutoLinker to refer to cards such as Nine Fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom as NFFatRoD. Citadel of the Stars = CotS, Anduril, Sword that Was Broken = STWB, etc. All of the abbreviations in the stickied thread are covered!

Releasing version "Nein":
--Autolinks to sets indexes by either the full title or set abbreviations
--Autolinks to cards by acronym abbreviations
--Commas in card titles are now optional (eg. So Fair So Desperate)
--Cards with dashes can be linked with either dashes or spaces (eg. Red Faced Landlord or Red-Faced Landlord)

Usage examples:
Aragorn, Well-Traveled Guide = Aragorn WTG = WTG
Gollum, Mad Thing = Gollum MT but not plain MT (Mad Thing or Mountain-Troll?)
Galadriel, Lady Redeemed = Lady Redeemed = LR
Realms of the Elf-Lords = RotEL

Note: Black Rider refers to the card, BR or Black Rider* refers to the set.

If you feel like trying acronyms for random cards, know that card titles with the most words are the most likely to work. No cards with only one word were abbreviated (eg. Use Thorongil, not Aragorn, T). Many cards with only two words had identical initials to another card and so the abbreviations were automatically removed. Some things I had to write in manually. For example, Isildur’s Bane = Ithilien Blade, so since they share the same initials, neither was added. I added IB myself to refer to the obvious one. ToTO refers to the Nazzie mentioned in the abbreviations thread.

Note that it could link to cards in regular sentences, as you’ve no doubt noticed. For example:
"My dad and I decided to go fishing. So, we each grabbed a fishing rod and started heading down the forest paths to our favorite waterhole. Unfortunately, we got stuck in a bog! I’m afraid I had to bow out of the whole idea. Hungry and weary, we returned home. I hate getting muddy."

I don’t anticipate having much else to do on this program except bug and typo fixes. We’ll have to see how it works! Dancing Let me know if there are any particular abbreviations you want me to add that were removed due to doubling, or or if it’s linking words that it shouldn’t. Enjoy!
Last edited by Kralik on Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in totalCheck out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:12 pm
Great work, Kralik! GP Let’s test a couple of abbreviated cards....

WoBaS, DaD, and STWB are commonly seen in my decks.

Awesome! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
Kralik
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:14 pm
Ack! Error! The page links for the sets were incorrect, so if you downloaded before reading this post, download again. Rolling Eyes
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
NBarden
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:44 pm
Wow. Um...

Shocked

Thanks man, but, just a question, do you have any other life besides programming for CC? (I’m completely fine with it if you don’t. Mr. Green)

GP
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Kralik
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:58 pm
NBarden wrote:
Thanks man, but, just a question, do you have any other life besides programming for CC? (I’m completely fine with it if you don’t. Mr. Green)

...... Embarassed

I claim the Fifth!

I teach and manage the network at a local high school. It’s spring break. Mr. Green
NBarden
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:39 pm
Ah, okay.

Spring break’s over here. Sad
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:06 pm
Looks like some titles are broken again. Laughing

Alatar Deceived
At His Command
Bag End
Candle Corpes
Dark Swooping Shadows
Don’t Look at Them
Erkenbrand’s Horn
Erkenbrand’s Shield
Foot of Mount Doom
Forth the Three Hunters!
Forth the Three Hunters!
Forth the Three Hunters!
Frodo, Son of Drogo
Gimli, Son of Gloin
Look at Him
Neekerbreekers’ Bog
No Stranger to the Shadows
Pallando Deceived
Paths Seldom Trodden
Radagast’s Herb Bag
Safe Paths
Sam, Son of Hamfast
Secret Paths
Strength in Shadows
Too Late
Uncertain Paths
White Hot Fury

Titles beginning or ending with ’Bow’:

Aragorn’s Bow
Bow of Minas Tirith

Titles beginning or ending with ’Orc’:

Barbarous Orc
Orc Ambusher
Last edited by Elessar's Socks on Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kralik
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:10 pm
Ah, thanks for the check ES! Cool Expect to see a bug fix release later, probably today. Wink

I love that cards like at, orc, hot, son, bow, etc. get linked... I knew this would happen! Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion