LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:22 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2 Rohirrim Infiltrator Isengard
Minion • Man
Strength: 5
Vitality: 2
Site: 3
This minion is strength +1 for each companion you can spot who bears an Isengard condition.
Some of Gríma’s most loyal servants were from beyond the borders of Rohan, sent before Wormtongue to begin dissent in the Rohirrim ranks.

I dont think "you can spot" is necessary, should work without. Sound though Thran’s suggestion does have some merit.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Gate Troll
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:05 am
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2 Rohirrim Infiltrator Isengard
Minion • Man
Strength: 5
Vitality: 2
Site: 3
This minion is strength +1 for each companion you can spot who bears an Isengard condition.
Some of Gríma’s most loyal servants were from beyond the borders of Rohan, sent before Wormtongue to begin dissent in the Rohirrim ranks.

I like him. A nice key card for isengard conditions. I’d up his Vitality to 3 though, since he isn’t an orc but a well-fed man. Wink
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:48 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Wow, lots of debate about the Infiltrator’s stats. Perhaps spoiling a couple of the conditions will help in the discussion? Let’s find out! Smile

1 Bewitched Isengard
Condition
Strength -1
Resistance -1
Spell. To play, exert Saruman, Gríma, or 2 Isengard Men. Plays on an unbound companion.
Bearer loses all hunter bonuses.
If bearer is a Man, he or she cannot use special abilities.
“‘And ever Wormtongue’s whispering was in your ears, poisoning your thought, chilling your heart, weakening your limbs, while others watched and could do nothing, for your will was in his keeping.’”

This one is a near-reprint of Leechcraft, though slightly better in terms of what it does (since it knocked out hunter). Oh, and one other BIG thing: unlike Leechcraft, it’s not limited to FP Men, something I intend to do with most (if not all) of these conditions in an attempt to make Isengard Men more viable than their limited Tower-block predecessors.

Anyway, to compensate for all the changes, the cost is raised and the "to play" requirements are a bit stricter. How is the balance, do you think?

1 Exiled Isengard
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Saruman or 3 Isengard Men.
Response: If an unbound companion loses a skirmish involving an Isengard Man, remove 1 to transfer this condition from your support area to that companion. Limit 1 per bearer.
Each time another companion or ally of bearer’s culture loses a skirmish, bearer must exert.
“‘You are banished forthwith from the Kingdom of Rohan and all its domains under pain of death.’”

Again, a near-reprint, this time of Banished, and again, no longer limited to Men.

2 Spoken In The Darkness Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Resistance -1
Response: If a companion loses a skirmish involving an Isengard Man, exert Saruman or an Isengard Man to transfer this condition from your support area to that companion. Limit 1 per bearer.
Bearer is strength -1 for each exhausted companion you can spot (limit -3).
“‘Oh, but you are alone....The walls of your bower closing in about you. A hutch to trammel some wild thing.’”

1 Words of Poison Isengard
Condition
Resistance -1
Spell. To play, exert Saruman or an Isengard Man. Plays on an unbound companion.
Bearer may not be exerted by Free Peoples cards.
“‘In Éomer there is little trust. Few men would be left to guard your walls, if he had been allowed to rule. And even now we learn from Gondor that the Dark Lord is stirring in the East. Such is the hour in which this wanderer chooses to return.’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:02 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1 Bewitched Isengard
Condition
Strength -1
Spell. To play, exert Saruman, Gríma, or 2 Isengard Men. Plays on an unbound companion.
“‘And ever Wormtongue’s whispering was in your ears, poisoning your thought, chilling your heart, weakening your limbs, while others watched and could do nothing, for your will was in his keeping.’”

Yeah its ok.

1 Exiled Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Response: If a companion loses a skirmish involving an Isengard Man, remove 1 to transfer this condition from your support area to that companion.
Each time another companion or ally of bearer’s culture loses a skirmish, bearer must exert.
“‘You are banished forthwith from the Kingdom of Rohan and all its domains under pain of death.’”

Wow thats nasty. 4 of these out and u lose a skirmish and all ur comps get trounced! Way OP if u ask me. Not sure how id tone it down. Maybe just make it unique.

2 Words of Poison Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Spell. Response: If a companion loses a skirmish involving an Isengard Man, exert Saruman, Gríma, or 2 Isengard Men to transfer this condition from your support area to that companion.
If bearer has 2 vitality, he or she cannot be exerted by Free Peoples cards.
“‘Oh, but you are alone....The walls of your bower closing in about you. A hutch to trammel some wild thing.’”

Not getting why youve chosen the text u have but ok. Its fine if you ask me. Doesnt probably need cost 2.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Gate Troll
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:41 pm
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1 Bewitched Isengard
Condition
Strength -1

Nice. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:

1 Exiled Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Response: If a companion loses a skirmish involving an Isengard Man, remove 1 to transfer this condition from your support area to that companion.

Sweet. I’m for making it 2, though and as LH said it would be better unique.

DáinIronfoot wrote:

Condition • Support Area
Spell. Response: If a companion loses a skirmish involving an Isengard Man, exert Saruman, Gríma, or 2 Isengard Men to transfer this condition from your support area to that companion.

Great card. I don’t get why it’s a spell though...

Any more goodies? Very Happy
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:42 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Wow, lots of debate about the Infiltrator’s stats. Perhaps spoiling a couple of the conditions will help in the discussion? Let’s find out! Smile

1 Bewitched Isengard
Condition
Strength -1
coolio.

1 Exiled Isengard
Condition • Support Area
snazzy

Condition • Support Area

make it 3 vitality to be all the more evil :twisted>
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:47 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Bewitched Isengard
Condition
Strength -1

Seems to have a bit too much text actually. I think I’d almost certainly remove the hunter loss and make the ban on special abilities for any companion, not just a Man. Also, doesn’t seem great for an exertion or 2 to -1 strength and perhaps losing a few more.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Exiled Isengard
Condition • Support Area

I think I’d put a limit 1 per bearer on that. I think it’s probably alright as Isengard Men aren’t exactly known for high strengths.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition • Support Area

I don’t understand the purpose of your vitality limit. Again, too much text. I’d split this up into two separate conditions one of which reduces strength for exhausted companions and the other that prevents them from being exerted, though I love both abilities, it’s too much for one card.

Also GT, it’s a spell because Saruman’s magic was in his tongue and the words he spoke.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:19 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Okay, made several changes, the biggest of which is that, at Thran’s suggestion, I split Words of Poison into two seperate cards (one of which shares the same title). As for the others, I added some "limit 1 per bearer"s and spread around some mild resistance reducers, which I meant to do in the first place and plum forgot. All four cards are either new or modified from what you saw before, so when you have a chance, take another look and let me know how they are now.

Thanks! Very Happy
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:06 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Bewitched Isengard
Condition
Strength -1
Resistance -1

Still too much text for my taste. I’d perhaps split this one into 2 cards as well.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Exiled Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Response: If an unbound companion loses a skirmish involving an Isengard Man, remove 1 to transfer this condition from your support area to that companion. Limit 1 per bearer.

Looks good.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Resistance -1
Response: If a companion loses a skirmish involving an Isengard Man, exert Saruman or an Isengard Man to transfer this condition from your support area to that companion. Limit 1 per bearer.

I’d be seriously tempted to take out the resistance modifier and the limit, as the costs here are pretty hefty.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition
Resistance -1
Spell. To play, exert Saruman or an Isengard Man. Plays on an unbound companion.
“‘In Éomer there is little trust. Few men would be left to guard your walls, if he had been allowed to rule. And even now we learn from Gondor that the Dark Lord is stirring in the East. Such is the hour in which this wanderer chooses to return.’”

This one I really like.

After seeing these, I still reckon that last guy could have strength 6.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:05 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Bewitched Isengard
Condition
Strength -1
Resistance -1

Thorongil is now obsolete. Razz I think I’d drop the "Strength -1" piece, though. Makes it a bit OP IMO. Otherwise looks good. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Exiled Isengard
Condition • Support Area

On the brink of costing 2, but the spotting requirement holds it in check, I think. Smile

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Resistance -1

I think you could drop the cost to 1. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition
Resistance -1

Good! Very Happy
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards