LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:18 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
4Uglúk, Patrol Leader Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 9
Vitality: 3
Site: 5
Tracker. Fierce. Damage +1. Hunter 2.
The roaming penalty for each other Isengard tracker you play is -2.
Each time Uglúk wins a fierce skirmish, you may exert 2 trackers (or 1 tracker twice) to capture a companion assigned to skirmish an Isengard tracker.
“‘I don’t take orders from Orc-maggots. Saruman will have his prize. We will deliver them.’”

Yeah, damage seems a bit much. Either make it conditional (which I would not prefer as it would add rather too much text to the card) or remove it entirely.

I will look at your capturing thread in due course.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:06 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Uruk-hai
Tracker. Fierce. Hunter 2.
Each time Uglúk wins a fierce skirmish, you may exert 2 trackers (or 1 tracker twice) to capture a companion assigned to skirmish an Isengard tracker.
“‘I don’t take orders from Orc-maggots. Saruman will have his prize. We will deliver them.’”

humm...interesting...I think it should be -1...otherwise it just becomes too good.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:34 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Uruk-hai
Tracker. Fierce. Hunter 2.

Do you mean it to work with Sauron trackers as well? He could be a neat splash for them otherwise. Also why would he be able to capture any companion assigned to a skirmish not just a losing one? Id edit this bit for flavour and balance.

I still need to see the power of exploiting captured stuff so i reserve judgement.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:02 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I’ll tweak Uglúk a bit. For now, though, here’s his partner in crime. Enjoy!

3Mauhúr, Expert Scout Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 8
Vitality: 2
Tracker. Fierce. Hunter 1.
While the fellowship is at a forest or plains site, each other Isengard tracker gains hunter 1 and you may play Mauhúr any time you could play an assignment event.
Assignment: Exert Mauhúr to play an Isengard tracker from your hand. That tracker gains hunter 2 until the regroup phase.
“Then suddenly the answering cries of orc-voices came...from the direction of the forest and the mountains. Mauhúr had apparently arrived....”

I’m not incredibly happy with the subtitle, but couldn’t really think of anything else that fit. Any suggestions?

The forest thing isn’t something I intend to do a lot with; it’s more of a Mauhúr specialty since his reinforcements are clearly described in the novel as hiding in and striking from the woods. The plains thing, though, you will be seeing some more of. Whistle
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:45 am; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:13 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Uruk-hai
If you can spot a wounded Isengard tracker or hunter, you may play Mauhúr any time you could play an assignment event.
Each other Isengard tracker at a forest or plains site gains hunter 1.
Assignment: Exert Mauhúr to play an Isengard tracker from your hand. That tracker gains hunter 2 until the regroup phase.
“Then suddenly the answering cries of orc-voices came from the right, outside the circle of watch-fires, from the direction of the forest and the mountains. Mauhúr had apparently arrived and was attacking the besiegers.”

Seems like a lot to fit on one card; I think I’d drop the play-him-during-assignment ability.
I had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:15 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Uruk-hai
If you can spot a wounded Isengard tracker or hunter, you may play Mauhúr any time you could play an assignment event.
“Then suddenly the answering cries of orc-voices came from the right, outside the circle of watch-fires, from the direction of the forest and the mountains. Mauhúr had apparently arrived and was attacking the besiegers.”

I think I’d rather have a cost for the assignment playing like ’Exert an Isengard tracker’ as I don’t quite understand the reasoning behind his current text. Also, too much text so I would drop the middle line. And, you should specify Isengard tracker or Isengard hunter.

Not good thoughts on the subtitle, I’m afraid.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:18 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Uruk-hai

As the others say thats a lot on a card. He seems ok. Somehow tho something needs removing for slight balance adjustment and space wise.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:18 am
For now, in hopes of keeping his text, I trimmed down his lore. Any better, or does something else still need to go? Much as I like it, I’m leaning towards the play-during-assignment text....
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:19 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
For now, in hopes of keeping his text, I trimmed down his lore. Any better, or does something else still need to go?

Regardless of how much can fit on a card, I just think his text was too busy and so I would still remove the middle (and least interesting) line.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:46 am
I MAY have made it possible to keep all the abilties AND cut down on text. Final try...how is it now? If that’s still too wordy, I’ll cut something. I promise. Smile
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards