LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:47 am
A cunning ploy. I think he’s alright now!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:52 am
Looks good now. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:57 am
As Thran said; Cunning!

Nice now Thumbs Up (as Ap said!)
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:36 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Good stuff. Here’s a couple more. Smile Enjoy!

2 Uruk Captor Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 5
Vitality: 2
Site: 5
Tracker. Fierce.
While you can spot another tracker, this minion gains hunter 2 for each captured companion you can spot (or hunter 3 if that companion is a Hobbit).
“‘Kill all but NOT the Halfings; they are to be brought back ALIVE as quickly as possible.’”

An old Isengard tracker trick (anti-Hobbit stuff) + a new twist (capturing) = pain.

3 Uruk Trailer Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 6
Tracker. Fierce. Hunter 1.
This minion is strength +1 for each search card you can spot.
“‘And we march day and night. That clear?’”

Oh yes...Isengard search cards will be back as well, including the type that play on companions.

3 Uruk Traveler Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Vitality: 3
Each time a search card is played on a companion, you may exert this minion to exert that companion.
“‘We’ll find a use for your legs before long. You’ll wish you had got none before we get home.’”

See what I mean? These guys can harrass much like the Isengard Men. Might make for an interesting combo, actually.... Twisted Evil

As for the rather low-for-Uruk stats...don’t worry. They ain’t all this weak. But in general, these trackers ARE weaker than the warrior Uruks we’ll cover down the road. That’s why they get to be fierce.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:52 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:07 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Uruk Captor Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Tracker. Fierce.
While you can spot another tracker, this minion is gains hunter 2 for each captured companion you can spot (or hunter 3 if that companion is a Hobbit).
“‘Kill all but NOT the Halfings; they are to be brought back ALIVE as quickly as possible.’”

Yeah, seems fine.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
3 Uruk Trailer Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 7

Not sure about the hunter bonus on this guy. I think I’d be more at ease if he had strength 6 (and maybe vitality 3 like the guy below).

DáinIronfoot wrote:
3 Uruk Traveler Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Each time a search card is played on a companion, you may exert this minion to exert that companion.
“‘We’ll find a use for your legs before long. You’ll wish you had got none before we get home.’”

Probably okay. Though, if you have any non-Isengard search cards that play on companions, culturally enforce this guy.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2 Uruk Captor Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Tracker. Fierce.
While you can spot another tracker, this minion is gains hunter 2 for each captured companion you can spot (or hunter 3 if that companion is a Hobbit).
nice!

3 Uruk Trailer Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 7
nice...but I think you should get rid of a keyword or cut strength by 1.

3 Uruk Traveler Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai

works.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:54 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2 Uruk Captor Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Tracker. Fierce.
While you can spot another tracker, this minion gains hunter 2 for each captured companion you can spot (or hunter 3 if that companion is a Hobbit).

Cool.

3 Uruk Trailer Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai

Ok.

3 Uruk Traveler Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai

Hmm its balanced but giving him 3 vitality just for the ability rests uneasy with me.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:15 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Just one more for now. But he’s unique, so that counts for something, right? Right? Anxious Enjoy!

5Lugdush, Isengarder Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 10
Tracker. Fierce.
Each unbound Hobbit is strength -1.
Skirmish: Exert Lugdush to cancel a skirmish involving an Isengard tracker. The Free Peoples player may make the move limit -1 for this turn to prevent this.
“‘Put those Halflings down!’ ordered Uglûk....‘You, Lugdush, get two others and stand guard over them!’”

If the subtitle seems kind of iffy, I pulled it directly from the text of The Two Towers; it’s a unique term applied to Uglúk’s band of Uruks, used several times by the Hobbits and Grishnákh’s Sauron Orcs.

Anyway, as for the text, it once again incorporates the Hobbit-hate many old-school Isengard trackers had, and adds an unusual Shadow ability: canceling skirmishes. Might seem like an odd ability at first, but if you think about it, it makes for some interesting swarm potential later, keeping your Uruks alive if they’re facing superior strength. Should the FP player try to move again, you have those Uruks PLUS whatever other Uruks you then play, making the next turn all the more hazardous for the fellowship.

There will be other incentive to canceling skirmishes too, as we’ll see when we get to the promised tracker conditions that play on companions. But for now, I’ll give you a hint. Twisted Evil
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anvar
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:54 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Uruk-hai
Tracker. Fierce.
Skirmish: Exert Lugdush to cancel a skirmish involving an Isengard tracker. The Free Peoples player may make the move limit -1 for this turn to prevent this.
“‘Put those Halflings down!’ ordered Uglûk....‘You, Lugdush, get two others and stand guard over them!’”

Love the card. I don’t think that "for this turn" is needed after the move limit, since move limit changes last the whole turn (not that I’m much of one to talk about formatting...).

Anvar
Check out my dream card set - The Paths of the Dead.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:17 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Just one more for now. But he’s unique, so that counts for something, right? Right? Anxious Enjoy!

Minion • Uruk-hai
Tracker. Fierce.
hint. Twisted Evil

fine by me..
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards