LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
syndrome
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:45 am
I built this deck today at the get together today, after trading for a couple more moria archer cards. It was genna be pure archery, but I couldn’t bare not to put in my new Balrog (terror of flame and shadow) and it’s whip (weapon of flame and shadow) which I got off some kids there. (I got the Balrog in a trade with a Seige troop... hehe, he didn’t care that the balrog was worth more, he just liked the strength of the troop Smile).

I then put in some axes and a host of moria, which turned out to be an awesome combo. I would play my host with host of thousands or off of my goblin swarms, and would use it to play the Balrog from my draw deck. It was already twilight -3, 11 still, (1 or 2 times it was from fellowship site 5, yes... I had to play with fellowship sites, which was bad news for my ranger deck Sad) but I still managed to get it out 2 or 3 times Very Happy (0 times with the whip tho Sad) during a game with 4 ppl.

It’s a mix, no I don’t have any more host of morias, any armories, or anymore terrors or weapons of flame and shadow, or any more archers. But I do have some other cards, and when my shipment of cards comes in I’ll have another axe, and another goblin swarms Very Happy.

I used this deck in 2 out of the 3 games I played. 1 was an 8 player one (takes waaaaaaaaaaay too long btw...).

the 1v1:
Don’t remember how this one went. I think I won though (I used my Morgul Archery deck on this one).

the 4 person FFA:
I won, hands down. Got my balrog out 3 or so times. Was awesome. (Would have died if I didn’t have my trusty Invigorateds tho (x3, and the enemy minions weren’t roaming Sad).

the 8 person FFA:
I was the 3rd eliminated. Erik moved to site 7 in his first turn (with his dwarf choke/strength/dam+/event deck... I swear, dwarves are broken) and I finally killed him on Site 9 with an Moria Archery Swarm. But I had discarded all my good guy cards to get all my minons... I didn’t want him to win Smile.

I’m Genna take out the x3 scavengers for x1 relics of moria, x1 more goblin swarms, and x1 more moria axe. May take out x1 host of thousands for another plundered armories.

Without further adu....

Phazanzar’s Moria Mix-up Deck[35]

Minions[24]:
x1 •Host of Moria, Legion of the Underdeeps
x1 •The Balrog, Terror of Flame and Shadow
x2 •Archer Commander
x3 Moria Archer Troop
x2 Goblin Archer
x4 Goblin Marksman
x4 Goblin Bowman
x3 Goblin Scavengers
x4 Goblin Runners

Events[5]:
x4 Host of Thousands
x1 Power and Terror

Possessions/Artifacts[4]:
x3 Moria Axe
x1 •Whip of Many Thongs, Weapon of Flame and Shadow

Conditions[2]
x1 Goblin Swarms
x1 Plundered Armories

Strategy:
Use the archers for archery wounds, when you get them out early, or get them to swarm, you can hopefully stack them up on your goblin swarms. Archer Commanders are nice for that ^_^

Then use Host of Moria + Scavengers to get an axe on your host, or use the host of moria to get your balrog out repeatedly, if you manage to get enought twilight.

Runners are extra twilight generators, and host of thousands get your vital minions back.

Comments?
http://myspace/delicatesituation
hblika
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:44 am
I don't think Goblin Swarms is the right choice for this deck. I think They Are Coming is better for recycling your minions. In any case, you would want more than one copy of it in the deck.

Maybe switch to Goblin Scimitar as well for the same reason. Your archers won't win many fights, so the cheaper Scimitar is better, IMO. And helps cycling as well Smile

Or try using the Sneak and Underdeeps of Moria, which you can check out in the Deck Archive Thread.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
syndrome
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:02 pm
I designed a sneak/under deck one time. But you'd be surprised how many of my archers I get stacked on swarms each game, it's all because I save 4-5 in my hand and drop em on site 4-6 and try and get the balrog out in there somewhere. It's pretty l33t. I will be putting another in, as stated somehwere in that jumbled text up that way ^

Still pondering They are Coming, the thing is... I have that in my bigger deck (or had, I ripped it apart for this one Smile) and I never ever used it :S

Moria Axe + Host = big fun, I may put 2 axes, and 2 scimitars.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:04 pm
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
one thing i see that could benifit your deck would be to get some goblin armories that way yoou play a scimitar draw a card and add x (x being how many armories you have out)
it works great i have a moria deck that i can pull out a swarm of all but three of my minions for three tokens Twisted Evil
i can do it every game around site seven

~Josiah
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded