LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Mythdracon
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:32 am
Cool. Thanks so much for rules clarifications and site provision! Most of them take Euros so I can’t buy from them, but CCG Obsession is a valuable find.

---------------FATES ENTWINED, SUDDEN FURY and CONDITIONS------------
Ok, I’m still kinda wrangling with the multiple conditions question. Let’s take a situation direct from one of today’s games:

I have two copies of Fates Entwined out, and I win a skirmish with Frodo, so I heal Bilbo four times (he has 5 vitality since Frodo Gamgee is on him). Is this legal?

I have two copies of Sudden Fury too. Bilbo loses a skirmish, so can I put one token onto each copy of Sudden Fury?

-------------------SITE REPLACEMENT WITH ULAIRE NELYA:-------

Let’s say I summon Ulaire Nelya and Gollum at a site that has a 0 cost. I use all my twilight, then play Led Astray to play a site with a 3 cost. Does 6 twilight then get added to the twilight pool in the Shadow phase, or is it just 3 (for Led Astray, not the site) since the Fellowship already moved there? Can Ulaire Nelya exert twice to replace the site two times and then add on extra twilight for each site’s Shadow Number?
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:04 am
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
For your 1st question, yes. Each condition may be used to heal him.

For your 2nd question, I’d say no. You have already moved to that site and were given the 0 twilight. I’m pretty sure that you just can’t redo that again. Since you have already performed the action of moving to the site and receiving 0 twilight, that part of the fellowship phase is over.
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:25 am
Quote:
I have two copies of Sudden Fury too. Bilbo loses a skirmish, so can I put one token onto each copy of Sudden Fury?

That’s why Sudden Fury is so good! Get a few copies out and you’d be swimming in tokens. Wink

Twilight from a site is added during movement, so if the site is replaced when the fellowship is already there, no more twilight will be added.
Mythdracon
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:00 pm
I see. Ok, some other questions.

Pallando Deceived can exert a wizard, can you exert a Fellowship wizard like Gandalf?

Conditions like Howdah: can you just play 4, assuming you have 3 minion archers, then trigger all the Howdah tokens to get insane archery? This happened to me last night and ALL my characters died. Wondering if this is legal.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:11 pm
1) Yes, it can exert a FP Wizard. Remember, all cards do what they say.

2) Each Howdah can be triggered once per archery phase.
All cards do what they say.
gil-estel
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:37 am
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Howdah says: at the start of the archery. That implies a single action.
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:29 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
gil-estel wrote:

Except that I don’t think that "start of the archery phase" is defined as being a clear-cut instant. I think it’s a broader time frame.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
bibfortuna25
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:43 pm
gil-estel wrote:

Correct, it is a single action. Each Howdah can be used exactly once per archery phase. 4 Howdahs = 4 uses.
All cards do what they say.
Mythdracon
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:25 pm
Ok, how about:

-Can Staff of Saruman, Fallen Istar’s Stave be used by Gandalf? It says ’bearer must be a wizard’. Can it be discarded by cards that discard Free People’s possessions? Razz

-Can a site be both a forest and a marsh at the same time? Or would the most recent site type replace the old one?

-How does prevention work exactly? If Bilbo exerts to get some effect and then I choose to heal him, the effect is cancelled. But what if I do other things in between BEFORE healing him?

-Let’s say you have Home and Hearth (4 copies), Merry, Swordthain and that Sam (needer of vittles I think) who can play a hobbit companion in the Fellowship phase to remove burdens. Could you remove 5 burdens if you played Merry from your hand? (using all 4 conditions + Sam’s ability)?
TheJord
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:33 pm
Ok

1 - This staff can indeed be played on Gandalf, its use in such a case is to exhaust Gandalf, then use the staff’s regroup ability.

2 - Sites can have multiple unloaded keywords. See Mount Doom

3 - Prevention only occurs within the loop of an action. When a new action occurs, prevention no longer applies to the expired action.

4 - 5 burdens indeed. And heal the RB 4 times if at a dwelling.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions