LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:24 pm
What’s the deadline for entering on this thing, by the way?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:42 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Celebrimbor wrote:

Anyone else want to join yet? I’ll wait maybe one more day until we get things rolling.

That was yesterday.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:45 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Celebrimbor wrote:

Anyone else want to join yet? I’ll wait maybe one more day until we get things rolling.

That was yesterday.

Darn! My computer was dead!

Hopefully I’ll send it in soon...

Thanks!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:17 am
Ok here’s your GP cos ive submitted.

Cheers
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:37 pm
Uh thanks.

to Thranduil: I’m not in a huge hurry, but would like everyone’s DCs to be in soon.

EDIT: I have all the cards of Lem0n, thranduil, and AP and CG so far. OK I’m gonna call it deadline by, that’s right, by tomorrow morning. So, if any random unsuspecting person wants to get it, do it real quickly.

I like how this is going so far! Looked at some of the DC’s, seems like its gonna be a good competition!
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Celebrimbor
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:30 pm
Well, Everyone’s got their stuff in and no one joined overnight, so let’s post all the DCs and get going!

Again, the voting system is the Top 3 voting system, all you guys know the drill, ok?

lem0nhead:

3 • Faramir, Stealthy Ranger Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 7
Ranger. Concealment. (You may play this companion anytime you could play a regroup event. At the end of each turn that you played this companion during the regroup he/she returns to your hand.)
When you play Faramir you may discard a roaming minion.
Skirmish: Exert Faramir to wound a roaming minion he is skirmishing.
"He could see Faramir’s face, which was now unmasked: it was stern and commanding, and a keen wit lay behind his searching glance."

2 Rangers Blade Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Bearer must be a Gondor Man.
You may exert a Gondor ranger anytime you could play a regroup event to play this possession on them from hand (or from your discard pile if that ranger has concealment.)
Skirmish: Discard this possession to wound a minion skirmishing bearer.
"He could hear plainly the ringing grate of steel on steel, the clang of sword on iron cap..."

1 • Still and Watchful Gondor
Condition • Support Area
The twilight cost of each Gondor ranger and Gondor possession played during the regroup phase is -1.
Each minion skirmishing a Gondor ranger with concealment is strength -1.
"He could see them stealing up the slopes, singly or in long files, keeping always to the shade of grove or thicket, or crawling, hardly visible in their brown and green raiment, through grass and brake."

Thranduil:

2 Gondorian Skirmisher Gondor
Companion • Man
Str: 6
Vit: 3
Res: 6
Ranger. Concealed - (This companion can be played only in the maneuver phase. At the end of your turn, discard this companion or return him to your hand).
Maneuver: Exert a ranger to play this companion from your discard pile.
When you play this companion, you may make a minion site number +2 until the end of the turn.
’At once four men came striding through the fern from different directions.’

0 Ithilien Cloak Gondor
Possession • Cloak
Bearer must be a Gondor ranger.
You may play this possession any time you could play a maneuver event.
Maneuver: Add a threat to play this possession from your discard pile.
Skirmish: If bearer is concealed, exert him to wound a roaming minion he is skirmishing.
’... all were clad in green and brown of varied shades, as if the better to walk unseen in the glades of Ithilien.’

1 Well Hidden Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Gondor Man, you may make a minion’s site number +1 until the end of the turn.
Maneuver: Discard this condition to play a concealed ranger from your discard pile.
’"Hush!’ whispered Frodo. ’I thought I heard voices."’

Anonymous Prodigy:

2 Ithilien Ranger Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 5
Resistance: 6
Ranger. Spy (At the start of the skirmish phase, you may return this companion to your hand to make another companion strength +X until the regroup phase, where X is this companion’s strength).
“Green gauntlets covered their hands, and their faces were hooded and masked with green, except for their eyes, which were very keen and bright.”

1 Ithilien Sword Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Gondor Man.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert bearer to make another Gondor companion strength +3 until the regroup phase (or +4 if bearer is a spy).
“Then presently the noise of fighting broke out near at hand, just above their hiding-place. He could hear plainly the ringing grate of steel on steel, the clang of sword on iron cap, the dull beat of blade on shield….”

2Silent Sentinels Gondor
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Gondor rangers.
Assignment: Exert a Gondor spy to make a minion strength –X until the regroup phase, where X is the number of Gondor spies you can spot (limit once per phase).
Regroup: Discard this condition to make any Shadow player choose one: discard 3 Shadow cards, remove 3 threats, or heal 3 companions.
“All had swords at their sides, and were clad in green and brown of varied hues, as if the better to walk unseen in the glades of Ithilien.”

CarpeGuitarrem

2•Madril, Ambushing Commander Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Resistance: 7
Ranger. Waylayer. (This companion may not be played during the fellowship phase, and is returned to hand at the start of the regroup phase.)
When you play Madril, you may spot a waylayer to make a minion roaming until the regroup phase.
Silent and deadly, Faramir’s rangers sought a swift destruction of Sauron’s forces in Ithilien.

1 Ithilien Shortsword Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
Vitality: +1
Skirmish: If bearer is a waylayer, discard this possession to wound a minion skirmishing bearer to hand; return bearer to hand.
Open swordfighting was often not as effective as a swift ambush.

2 Waiting in Ambush Gondor
Condition • Support Area
After you reconcile, you may stack any number of waylayers from your hand on this condition.
Skirmish: Exert a companion and add 1 to play a companion from here as if from hand.
" ’The road may pass, but they shall not! Not while Faramir is Captain.’ "
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:57 pm
CG
Thranduil
Lem0n
I had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:23 am
CG
Lem0n
AP
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:57 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
top 2 would’ve been better...

CG
Lem0n
Thran
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:22 pm
AP
CG
Thranduil

OK CG’s and AP’s were in my opinion very good, but I just loved AP’s condition. Neat idea.

Something seemed wrong in the logic in one of CG’s cards: "If bearer is a waylayer, discard this possession to wound a minion skirmishing bearer to hand; return bearer to hand." Anyway if I’m not understanding something here, someone please give me some insight.

It appears so far that CG is the winner, but we could possibly wait and see if any CC lurkers show up and vote, unless anyone objects.

Great (very short) contest, guys!
My Trading List

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards