LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:27 pm
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
can’t remember, but isn’t there a card that makes all sites underground? If so, archery would crumble to the balrog.
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
NappyKorn
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:34 pm
perhap can’t remember, but there is a condition in the orc culture that letsyou replace the fellowship current site with an underground site from your adventure deck. It would help if you could keep it from being discarded by the beloved Namarie Thumbs Up.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
Mythdracon
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:06 pm
Balrog, Demon of Might, then--I would need lots of Age’s End cards against it. Dang. Also, the Balrog is at the mercy of rangers. As is Shelob, who I really wanted to make a Shadow deck around. =S

Now, I’m thinking about trying much stronger fellowships, maybe even using lame rangers or Elves too (i.e. exhaust roaming minion, then play that event from ROTK which allows you to wound a minion, or ’cancel skirmish with roaming minion’ stuff). See, he used Evil Men archers with Howdah, and all those evil men had 12 strength, which was higher than my Rohan men’s strength of 11 or so. And the archery killed of all the weak ones and exhausted my Rohan men. Then they died, as did Frodo, despite having 5 vitality. Sigh. XD
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:09 pm
Found it, Skulking Goblin makes the current site underground. Pair that with The Balrog, Demon of Might and you’ve got one nasty anti-archery deck.

Harry Goatleaf, Ruffian, Rough Man of the South, and Squint-Eyed Southerner all are strong early and aren’t roaming. Use the followers deck above to get rid of all freeps cards and get these cards in play asap. That about covers it I think. Thumbs Up

PS Kralik, it’s Rough Man FROM the south, not of the south.

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
Mythdracon
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:13 pm
Hmm....do you have decklists for those? Another problem I tend to have is cycling--I often get lots of cards I don’t need (and can only discard one), or I have lots of cards I want to hoard so I keep them in my hand until the end, hoping they’ll be useful enough to trigger and kill. So decklists would help flesh out the anti-archery minions idea nicely. If you could do that, I’d be much appreciative.

You guys all seem to know your strats. And thanks so much for the decklists so far! Keep em coming. Prove to me you can beat my friend! Very Happy
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:35 pm
for problems with cycling, use dwarves or that follower deck that AC made, they usually get through all the freeps cards pretty quickly.
hmm, I don’t have a decklist but I just made this up right now (feel free to offer criticism)

(47 total)
Minions
Skulking Goblin x4
The Balrog, Demon of Might x4 (don’t know why it won’t link right now)
Unyielding Goblin x3
Watchful Orc x3
Isengard Underling x2
Frenzied Orc x2
Denizen of Moria x3
Denizen of the Black Pit x2

Possessions
Mordor Scimitar x2
Orc Hammer x2

Artifacts
Whip of Many Thongs, Weapon of Flame and Shadow x2

Events
Armed for Battle x1
Strength in Shadows x3
Dread and Despair x3 (for Namarie)
Conquered Halls x3

Conditions
Spurred to Battle x4 (minions can get pricey)
Goblin Hordes x4

Mainly, cycle with followers or dwarves to get Skulking Goblin and DoM. Most of this stuff is keyed toward strengthening minions at underground sites. Skipping the archery phase with DoM and getting pretty strong minions to crush those pesky elves are the main Focus.

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
TheJord
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:04 am
Frenzy of Arrows (pre-errata) murders the follower deck by adding about 50 arrows. Playing the Balrog more than once would be a struggle considering to play him and Skulking Goblin costs 16. Lothlorien Guides takes out Spurred to Battle...

This deck, however, would still punish my elves badly. Dont use it.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
NBarden
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:18 am
I’ll try the Gandy Followers.

(32)

Gandalf, Bearer of Obligation
Ring of Rings

Brand, King of Dale
Barliman Butterbur, Red-Faced Landlord

Jarnsmid
Ghan-Buri-Ghan
Grimbeorn
Erland
Treebeard, Enraged Shepherd
Librarian

Strange Meeting x 4
Last Stand x 4
Beorning Axe x 2
Glamdring, Foe-Hammer

Radagast Follower
Pallando x 2
Gwaihir
Alatar x 2

Guidance of the Istari x 4
For A While Less Dark x 2

Radagast’s Herb Bag

Strange Meeting + Followers = Big beat-up. Strength pumps help, Treebeard is just a huge gigantic smasher, plus he can soften minions up so your dudes can score a kill.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Mythdracon
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:20 pm
The problem with Gandy RB decks is that corruption is such an easy way to win, even with Watch and Wait and Glamdring, Foe-Hammer out. Unless you use hobbits with Measure of Comfort or companions like that Sam which makes other companions’ resistance +1, aren’t Gandy RB decks fried meat for Nazzy corruption and suchlike?

Also, anyone else got further comments on the goblin deck proposed? Thanks to those who’ve commented so far, all are duly noted. Smile
NBarden
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:54 pm
Not with Jarnsmid. You should be able to toss cards long enough to survive until Jarnsmid + Watch and Wait takes out 3 burdens.

That’s what I usually do, unless he gets picked off by a Cantea, BA early Shocked
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open