LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
NappyKorn
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:47 am
Yeah Splash in Gandalf and Pallando, or Aragorn and Anduril, STWB Laughing . But on a strictly dwarven type deck the only way I can think of is to run Blood Run Chill and hope that when regroup time comes around they are the things they have to toss.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:54 am
With Gimli BoG bearing Ring of Fury among other things and Proud and Able on the table, their Shadow removal via BRC becomes quite impressive.

Just for kicks, here’s the cycling Free Peoples I use to pair with Troll Swarm. There are different ways to tackle this, of course (I believe NBarden has a Saved From the Fire approach), but the Shadow really takes off when the FP is dedicated to the kill as well.

Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Free Peoples (30):

1 Farmer Maggot, Hobbit of the Marish (starting)
1 Merry, In the Bloom of Health (starting)
1 Pippin, In the Bloom of Health (starting)
1 Quickbeam, Bregalad (starting)
1 Skinbark, Fladrif (starting)
1 Host of Fangorn (starting)
1 Ent Horde (starting)
4 Isildur, Heir of Elendil

1 Gimli’s Helm
1 Ring of Guile
3 Seeing Stone of Orthanc

4 Enraged
2 Ent Moot

4 Delving
4 Mithril Shaft

Right away it filters 7 FP cards from the deck with the starting fellowship. If you’re fortunate to get both Isildur and the Seeing Stone down, that could be 9 cards drawn during the regroup phase plus an extra when you reconcile. (Gimli’s Helm is there for a painless way to clear the threats before doing it again.) Mithril Shaft digs for anything you need, and Ring of Guile can be discarded during the same maneuver phase to reuse a Shaft.

Enraged and Ent Moot is there so the fellowship can last a bit longer (I originally built this for an early kill). Could get interesting if they’re replaced with more copies of Ring of Guile, Gimli’s Helm, and a fourth Seeing Stone, though.
Mythdracon
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:47 am
But how can it prevent sayyyy a corruption strat, condition strat or Sauron? O_o

Interesting deck though--never seen Dwarves with Ents before.

BRC does look uber with Gimli gaining massive damage bonuses. I guess that explains why no one has it or is willing to trade it away too easily. =)

Also, the prior Dwarf discard I tried recently, and condition removal was a problem, as was strength--there just weren’t enough things to keep the Dwarves beating the Balrog, for example.

Could someone provide a decklist for combined tokens/card stacking Dwarves with decent strength? I want to see if it’s possible to combine all the Dwarf play styles into one really powerful deck. I’m guessing it’ll be hard though. :S
NBarden
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:41 pm
Calculated risk is better.

Resistance 8. Corruption isn’t a big deal. Pack Ring of Fury though, and his battle-axe, then you’re hitting 10.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Mythdracon
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:37 pm
What’s Calculated Risk do?

Still looking for a Dwarf stacking deck. Razz

(Or how about a damage+ wounding Dwarf deck with healing?)
NBarden
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:10 am
Same as Delving, only you add a threat instead of exerting (okay, and its an extra twilight).
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:13 pm
For strength pumps one of my favorites is Battle to the Last. Usually I have Durin III packed with Ring of Retribution (vitality +1), Dwarven Axe, Hand Axe, Dwarven Bracers, and Armor of Khazad, which is 17 base strength. Then if it’s safe to keep him exhausted (Bracers and Armor can prevent nasty surprises), BttL is providing +8 strength pumps and there’s much w00tage to be had.

Mythdracon wrote:
But how can it prevent sayyyy a corruption strat, condition strat or Sauron? O_o

By killing the Ring-bearer ASAP. Wink If you go first it’s not uncommon to have 6 trolls, Keyward, and a Warg ready for your opponent at site 2. Since they’re roaming though maybe only 3 trolls + Keyward/Warg can be dropped. Then you cycle into that combo again on successive turns, and hopefully the Ring-bearer is swarmed by site 4.

True though, in exchange this fellowship isn’t built to last. (Also the threats from Calculated Risk can interfere with the Seeing Stone.)
Mythdracon
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:47 am
Is there no Dwarven fellowship that can be built to last? One with Gloin, Subterranean Homeland and Well-crafted Armor, perhaps? :O

Ok, how about a Gondor fortifications + rangers deck? Or one with Boromir/Isildur as RB and the Age’s End Aragorn (pseudo-choke)? With that Fellowship card that removes 4 twilight in the regroup phase? Smile

Orr.....Corsairs. Am having trouble making a good one. ROTK/TTT Easterlings and Evil Men in general also ok. Or how about one with TD evil men that don’t roam (like Harry Goatleaf)?

Or Nazgul beatdown/Forest guls. A deadly one, please.

Or Uruk site control. Fury of the Evil Army and Poised for Assault, etc. And those Uruks that are free if you control a site. Very Happy

[Btw, how do I link text to URLs so people can click on Harry and go to the card instantly?]
gil-estel
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:21 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
LotR Database AutoLinker

Want to be able to have card titles in bulletin board and forum posts link to the LotR TCG Database? Download LotRDBAL, a simple solution that will scan your forum post for card titles and add the appropriate [url] and [/url] BB codes to your post. The AHK source code is also available if you want to see it.

Instructions:

1. Download the program and run it. You should see a small ring icon in your system tray.
2. While in the edit box of a forum post, press CTRL-ALT-L (’L’ for Link). Presto!
3. To quit, right click on the ring icon and select "Exit."

All from Kralik’s site. http://lotrtcgdb.com. You can find decks in the deck design archive, by searching on a certain keyword....
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
NBarden
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:01 pm
Mythdracon wrote:
Is there no Dwarven fellowship that can be built to last? One with Gloin, Subterranean Homeland and Well-crafted Armor, perhaps? :O

What the heck? Yeah Dwarves can last! And they can whup!

(36 cards) <--Fine for Dwarves, they cycle like mad

Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
Ring of Rings

Gloin, Son of Groin
Durin III

Thrarin, Smith of Erebor x 2

Run Until Found x 4
Chamber of Records x 4
Proud and Able x 2

Well-Crafted Armor x 3
Heavy Axe x 3
Dwarven Bracers x 3

Ring of Fury x 3
Ring of Guile
Ring of Artifice

No Pauses, No Spills x 4
Blood Runs Chill x 2
Honed x 2

Basically, load ’em up and beat up. Gimli doesn’t have a problem with corruption because of his extremely high damage (give him the Ring of Fury and he’s base 9 resistance already.

Dedicated corruption may be a problem, but who runs that anymore? Its only good for expanded. Archery is a tough matchup, hence, so many Ring of Fury.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open