LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:36 pm
This topic is designated for reporting games that are a part of the SdA Tournament.

To report a game, one of the players must post a brief summary of the game and declare the winner. The opposing player must confirm the vailidty of the report.

And let’s keep things spam-free, shall we?

Game Results for Round 1
MR. Lurtzy vs. NBarden

gil-estel vs. NappyKorn
gil-estel advances to Round 2 with a 2-1 victory.

Glorfindel vs. TheJord
TheJord is currently winning 1-0.

Anonymous Prodigy vs. Kralik
Tied with 1 win apiece.

hawkeyespf vs. Pippin

? vs. Gillian
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:04 am; edited 8 times in totalI had to put something here.
gil-estel
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:57 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Well, here it is: the first game in the SDA tournement.

Gil-Estel vs NappyKorn

My hunter elf with gandalf/ninja gollum
His bouncing Wizards/forest Nazguls (I guess)

Well, what a game. I must say and Nappy will agree, that luck wasn’t on my side. I drew aweful!! My deck was centered around a lot of archery with shake off the shadow. A nice card with which you can -with all 4 copies out, and with tokens on them- spray the archery all over the place. I had a lot of reinforcing, some events, Gandalf Returned for the exerting, Take up the Bow for those minions untouchable for my archery, Namarië for the pesky conditions, Woodland elf, Celebring ánd Galadriel’s Silver Ewer....but most of those cards where in my deck Confused
Not Easily Avoided made me discard twice the card I fetched from my deck, so that wasn’t the best of luck either. His shadow couldn’t tough my fellowship, yeah once....inmediately he killed my Gandalf. Ough. His fellowship on the other hand seemed untouchable too. Yeah I killed both wizards at site 5, but by the time my next shadowphase was to begin, both Maias were back on the table. He tripled from 6-9, in which Gandalf could not participate in any fight, due to Her Ladyship. At last, there was damage done by me, but Nappy seemed to have it all under control.
When all dust went down at the end of the game Frodo was exhausted, facing 9 burdens, Gandalf was unthoughed, Radagast was’nt impressed either and I...I was the loser!

Applause for the well-deserved winner: Homage NappyKorn Homage
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
NappyKorn
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:05 pm
I would have to agree had the luck changed for him I could have easily met my maker. Infact Not Easily Avoided did toss his just drawn card 2 times but when frodo lost to the hands of gollum I believe and he got his Not This Time right back with incited. I must add his Namarie hit the table a site to late, had it come a site earlier Gandalf may have survived. He would have discarded Lost in the Woods I’m sure and with that gone my Shadowy Mount couldn’t have been forced on him (killing him in the fierce skirmish). It was an interesting game none the less and if the luck wouldn’t have let Gil down he could have had the win instead one me.

I swore I saw somewhere on the boards that the first to post the results here got some GP so start handing it out to me and Gil Thumbs Up

Great game again, I will lose at least one to you G-E if not the next 2, you are a talented player Applause
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
gil-estel
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:11 pm
and now we stop kissing ass, and get prepared for the next game....I hate you Nappy!!!!!! (just getting the adrenaline working)
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:52 pm
There must be some mistake here...I didn’t say I could join the tournament, and I can’t. mm wants to join, and if you work it out with him, he could take my place and fight gillian.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
gil-estel
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:40 pm
Well, while the other CC-members seem to find trouble in getting their games started, me and Nappy went along to play our second game! And it was sweetness all over again.

my Hobbits/Resistance Uruks
his Gondor/besieger site control

When I lost the first game I became somewhat of a dare devil. I thought I should run a deck, just for the fun of it. I always have been intregued by resistance lowering, but I never built a deck with it. I came across some sweet conditions: Tempest of War, Shingle in a Storm, Our foes are weak and a awesome event Strange Device. Mixed with some Uruks that do damage while facing low resistance companions I made myself a nice little deck. Little? 35 cards but I almost was decked at site 9!
The first turn however he played Grond, so I was fearing for my followers. He killed Bilbo at site 2, leaving me with not much hope. But the two loyal friends did an excellent job, by surviving everything -which wasn’t much- that they had to face! Regroup ability of Sam ringbearer is also nice, so the only minion he played was discarded so no sites were to be controlled.
My Uruks did some damage, by killing Denethor rather quickly, next was Faramir (like that event that makes str. +2 and damage +1) and Boromir, Halbred and Aragorn survived 4 uruks. Well, Boromir did. Last site I played 2 Uruks which was enough to seal the deal!
I think that it could have gone better for my friend Nappy, if he would have had better pulls, but he will agree with that later on.....
Another great game! Love to play against you Nappy! NPE is to be avoided at all times!!!
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
NappyKorn
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:51 pm
NPE is to be avoided at all time huh, then why did you pack Namarie in our first game (even though it did little good)? Anyway no dwelling on the past it will be decided in game 3. As for the game went it was a rather difficult struggle for my shadow seeing as I do plenty in the regroup phase and he just kept tossing my minions. G-E your shadow deck was just freaking awesome might inspire me to give something like that a ry Thumbs Up. Never been a huge fan of the Uruk-hai culture but you made them look quite good. As soon as I saw him play Shingle in a strom and play an Our Foes are weak on Denethor I knew I was screwed. Hoping for a shadow win went to the crapper after in started leaving me only enough twilght for 1 minion and then that one got tossed every regroup phase so I was in trouble on both ends. Applause Great Game G-E, I will get you in game 3 (I hope) .
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
NBarden
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:07 am
I outta skull someone with a Gondor slaughter/Lackey annihilation deck.

Hm....Lurtzy? Twisted Evil
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Gillian
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:26 am
NBarden wrote:
I outta skull someone with a Gondor slaughter/Lackey annihilation deck.

Hm....Lurtzy? Twisted Evil

Lurtzy is active theese days, but he never have time to finish game he starts.
He can’t host, but he uses hamachi, so you need to download hamachi to play gainst him..

Why Jordy and Glorfindel didn’t started their round.
Why that Glorfindel allways have to complicate simple things?

And I am waiting for my oponent, it can be anyone. I am not affraid of anybody in standard..
Glorfindel
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:13 am
Quote:
Why that Glorfindel allways have to complicate simple things?

Now what’s that suppose to mean? Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, as i said before, i’m online grater part of this week and i’d like to play, it’s just it seems that there’s nobody around.

Quote:
Why Jordy and Glorfindel didn’t started their round.

I’m wondering that too Laughing ----> i’m ready when he is.

PS. Anyone around today in the evening?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion