LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:12 pm
Taking a page from tOO’s book. Smile

1Sting, Blade of Gondolin Shire
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Bilbo or Frodo.
While you can spot a Shire token, bearer gains muster.
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may discard the top card of your draw deck to heal a companion.
“His sword, Sting, Bilbo hung over his fireplace….”

0 The Darkness Grew Moria
Event • Maneuver
Exert The Balrog twice to choose one: discard 3 cards at random from the Free Peoples player’s hand; add a burden and a threat; or discard a Free Peoples artifact or possession. You may exert The Balrog again to shuffle this card into your draw deck.
“It came to the edge of the fire and the light faded as if a cloud had bent over it.”

2Balin, Look-out Man Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Damage +1.
Each time a minion is played, you may exert Balin twice to return that minion to its owner’s hand.
“He crept still nearer, and suddenly he saw peering between two big boulders a head with a red hood on: it was Balin doing look-out.”
I had to put something here.
Gate Troll
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:08 pm
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may discard the top card of your draw deck to heal a companion.

Good, good.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Event • Maneuver
Exert The Balrog twice to choose one: discard 3 cards at random from the Free Peoples player’s hand; add a burden and a threat; or discard a Free Peoples artifact or possession. You may exert The Balrog again to shuffle this card into your draw deck.
“It came to the edge of the fire and the light faded as if a cloud had bent over it.”

Ouch. Shocked Way OP. Make it unique and 2.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
Each time a minion is played, you may exert Balin twice to return that minion to its owner’s hand.
“He crept still nearer, and suddenly he saw peering between two big boulders a head with a red hood on: it was Balin doing look-out.”

Nice. I like the way his subtitle ties in with his ability. Thumbs Up
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:22 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Event • Maneuver

Actually this card seems fine to me, given the fact that you need the Balrog in play. Perhaps you should replace the exertion to reshuffle it with removing some twilight so it’s a bit harder to pull off, but it’s fine.

Others were balanced as well, which is why I didn’t comment. Though I sense Balin may be a recycled card! Wink

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:41 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Taking a page from tOO’s book. Smile

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2

Very cool.

Event • Maneuver

Hmmm maybe 3 to 2 cards but generally its cool.

Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.

Coolio.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:06 am
Thanks for the reviews, guys! Thumbs Up Today’s Daily 3 comes from my old set based on The Hobbit: There and Back Again!

2 Glow of Smaug Red
Event • Maneuver
Exert Smaug and discard an Orc or Red card from hand to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If the twilight cost of the revealed card is 3 or less, you may add a burden. If the twilight cost of the revealed card is 4 or more, you may exert a companion and take the revealed card into hand.
“There he lay, a vast red-golden dragon….”

3Bard, Dragon-slayer Gandalf
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Resistance: 7
Archer.
When you play Bard, you may spot another Gandalf Man to reinforce a Gandalf token.Response: If another Gandalf Man is about to take a wound, exert Bard to prevent that wound (and exert a minion if that companion is an archer).
“‘I am Bard, of the line of Girion; I am the slayer of the dragon!’”

0Galion, King’s Butler Green
Follower
Resistance +1
Aid1.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may remove a Green token to draw a card (or remove 2 Green tokens to heal a companion).
“‘Where’s old Galion, the butler?’”
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:20 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

2 Glow of Smaug Red
Event • Maneuver
Exert Smaug and discard an Orc or Red card from hand to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If the twilight cost of the revealed card is 3 or less, you may add a burden. If the twilight cost of the revealed card is 4 or more, you may exert a companion and take the revealed card into hand.

Cool.

3Bard, Dragon-slayer Gandalf
Companion • Man
Resistance: 7
Archer.
When you play Bard, you may spot another Gandalf Man to reinforce a Gandalf token.Response: If another Gandalf Man is about to take a wound, exert Bard to prevent that wound (and exert a minion if that companion is an archer).
“‘I am Bard, of the line of Girion; I am the slayer of the dragon!’”

Meh he’s ok.

0Galion, King’s Butler Green
Follower
Resistance +1
Aid1.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may remove a Green token to draw a card (or remove 2 Green tokens to heal a companion).
“‘Where’s old Galion, the butler?’”

Cool. Could cost 1.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2 Glow of Smaug Red
Event • Maneuver

I reckon this one should mirror the Moria one you put above. Something about this card made me think of the other, so I think you should make it more overt and turn the concept into a Shadow cycle.

Other stuff is good.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:33 am
A few cards from Narn i Hîn Húrin....

3Curse of Morgoth, Damnation of Melkor Sauron
Condition
Strength -2
Vitality -1
Resistance -1
To play, exert Morgoth and remove a threat. Bearer must be a companion (except the Ring-bearer).
The twilight cost of each Free Peoples card played on bearer is +2. Each time bearer is assigned to a skirmish, the Free Peoples player must exert bearer or add a burden.
“‘The shadow of my thought shall lie upon them wherever they go, and my hate shall pursue them to the ends of the world.’”

4Túrin, Neithan Black
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Hunter 3. Outlaw (Each time this companion wins a skirmish, you may add 1 to draw a card).
Túrin is strength -1 for each other companion you can spot over 2.
“‘Neithan, the Wronged, I call myself….’”

2Sador, The Woodwright White
Companion • Man
Strength: 5
Muster. Túrin is resistance +1.
Maneuver: Exert Sador to reveal the top 4 cards of your draw deck. Take all revealed White cards into hand and replace the rest in any order (limit once per phase).
“…Sador was treated more kindly thereafter, and was set now to the making of a great chair….”
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:39 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
3Curse of Morgoth, Damnation of Melkor Sauron
Condition
Strength -2
Vitality -1
Resistance -1
To play, exert Morgoth and remove a threat. Bearer must be a companion (except the Ring-bearer).
The twilight cost of each Free Peoples card played on bearer is +2. Each time bearer is assigned to a skirmish, the Free Peoples player must exert bearer or add a burden.
“‘The shadow of my thought shall lie upon them wherever they go, and my hate shall pursue them to the ends of the world.’”

Feels like just too much text and too high a cost for too powerful abilities. I think I’d cut the vitality reduction and then lower the cost (possibly by not requiring the threat). Just feels like you’re never going to be able to play it because first you need Morgoth, then 3, then removing a threat.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
4Túrin, Neithan Black
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Hunter 3. Outlaw (Each time this companion wins a skirmish, you may add 1 to draw a card).
Túrin is strength -1 for each other companion you can spot over 2.
“‘Neithan, the Wronged, I call myself….’”

I’d be tempted to increase his strength to 10 then make him strength -1 for each companion you can spot. Really interesting card, but I wouldn’t mind an explanation for the effect of the keyword ’Outlaw’.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2Sador, The Woodwright White
Companion • Man
Strength: 5
Muster. Túrin is resistance +1.
Maneuver: Exert Sador to reveal the top 4 cards of your draw deck. Take all revealed White cards into hand and replace the rest in any order (limit once per phase).
“…Sador was treated more kindly thereafter, and was set now to the making of a great chair….”

I hate limits like that. I’d change it so that it only triggered at the start of the maneuver phase. But cool otherwise.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:28 pm
Changed Sador’s ability as recommended, and made Curse of Morgoth considerably cheaper. As for Túrin, outlaw is a keyword that I made to apply to him and his band of followers whom he joins after fleeing from Doriath in The Children of Húrin.

In a way, he and his followers are a sort of Robin Hood and Merry Men, so I thought that outlaw (as well as the card drawing ability which it gives) ties in nicely with the whole cunning thief persona. Thumbs Up

And to give you a better feel of outlaw, here are a few more cards built around the keyword....

3Andróg, Cursed by Mîm Black
Companion • Man
Hunter 1. Outlaw.
While skirmish an archer, Andróg loses all strength bonuses from possessions.
Maneuver: Exert Andróg twice to discard a Shadow condition borne by another companion.
“But Andróg putting forth his last strength cut through the wristbands and fetters that bound Beleg….”

3Forweg, Captain of the Outlaws Black
Companion • Man
Hunter 1. Outlaw.
At the start of the regroup phase, you may exert Forweg twice to make each Shadow player reveal his or hand. You may discard a revealed card from each Shadow player’s hand.
“‘If you are the captain here, you should not allow your men to shoot without command.’”

1 Outlaw’s Bow Black
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Black outlaw.
Maneuver: Exert bearer to make bearer an archer until the regroup phase.
“…he found himself within a circle of men with bent bows….”

1 Outlaw’s Sword Black
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Black outlaw. While skirmishing an Orc, bearer gains hunter 1. “Then Túrin springing towards the thicket with drawn sword hewed down a man that burst from the hazels….”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:25 am; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards