LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:34 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
3Andróg, Cursed by Mîm Black
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Hunter 1. Outlaw.
While skirmish an archer, Andróg loses all strength bonuses from possessions.
Maneuver: Exert Andróg twice to discard a Shadow condition borne by another companion.
“But Andróg putting forth his last strength cut through the wristbands and fetters that bound Beleg….”

Fair enough. Good keywords paired with not great text.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
3Forweg, Captain of the Outlaws Black
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Hunter 1. Outlaw.
At the start of the regroup phase, you may exert Forweg twice to make each Shadow player reveal his or hand. You may discard a revealed card from each Shadow player’s hand.
“‘If you are the captain here, you should not allow your men to shoot without command.’”

Interesting concept.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
1 Outlaw Bow Black
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Black outlaw.
Maneuver: Exert bearer to make bearer an archer until the regroup phase.
“…he found himself within a circle of men with bent bows….”

1 Outlaw Sword Black
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Black outlaw. While skirmishing an Orc, bearer gains hunter 1. “Then Túrin springing towards the thicket with drawn sword hewed down a man that burst from the hazels….”

I think these should probably be called ’Outlaw’s Bow’ and ’Outlaw’s Sword’ just because the weapons themselves weren’t outlaws! Wink

Also, Outlaw is an interesting keyword, but I think it needs some cards which trigger of hand size or discarding cards from hand to make it into a tight strategy in itself.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:31 am
Thranduil wrote:
I think these should probably be called ’Outlaw’s Bow’ and ’Outlaw’s Sword’ just because the weapons themselves weren’t outlaws!

Done. Thumbs Up For the time being, though, I think I’ll leave outlaw as it is.

Today’s Daily 3 comes from the Green culture in Narn i Hîn Húrin, representing Doriath:

3Beleg, Strongbow Green
Companion • Elf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 4
Archer. Hunter 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Beleg, you may exert him to make each minion skirmishing him is strength -1 until the regroup phase for each artifact and possession that Beleg bears.
“‘Beleg Cúthalion, long have you been foremost in the defence of Doriath, and for many deeds of valour and wisdom have earned my thanks.’”

1Belthronding, Bow of Beleg Green
Bearer must be Beleg. He gains hunter 1.
Archery: Remove 3 Green tokens to exert a minion (or wound that minion instead if you can spot Thingol).
“…and placed beside him Belthronding his great bow, that was made of black yew-wood.”

3Anglachel, Blade of Doriath Green
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Beleg or Túrin.
Skirmish: Place bearer in the dead pile to transfer this artifact to another eligible bearer; bearer gains hunter 2, damage +1, and defender +1 until the end of the game.
“Then Beleg chose Anglachel; and that was a sword of great fame….”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:11 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
For the time being, though, I think I’ll leave outlaw as it is.

Sorry, I wasn’t suggesting that you change what the keyword did, but that you made some support cards that keyed off cards in hand etc. to make it even more worth your while to draw those cards using outlaw.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
3Beleg, Strongbow Green
Companion • Elf
Archer. Hunter 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Beleg, each minion skirmishing him is strength -1 until the regroup phase for each artifact and possession that Beleg bears.
“‘Beleg Cúthalion, long have you been foremost in the defence of Doriath, and for many deeds of valour and wisdom have earned my thanks.’”

Seems rather OP with two of the best keywords in the game plus an amazing strength reducing ability. Put some exertions on Beleg for the ability and/or increase his cost to 4 or take his vitality down to 3.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Archery: Remove 3 Green tokens to exert a minion (or wound that minion instead if you can spot Thingol).
“…and placed beside him Belthronding his great bow, that was made of black yew-wood.”

Looks good.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Skirmish: Remove bearer from the game to transfer this artifact to another eligible bearer; bearer gains hunter 2, damage +1, and defender +1 until the end of the game.

I remember this card! Wink Fun stuff, though perhaps more balanced if the previous bearer went to the dead pile.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:48 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
For the time being, though, I think I’ll leave outlaw as it is.

Sorry, I wasn’t suggesting that you change what the keyword did, but that you made some support cards that keyed off cards in hand etc. to make it even more worth your while to draw those cards using outlaw.

Ah, I see. Maybe I’ll get around to that sometime, but for now I only the only Black cards I have made are the ones that I have posted here. Embarassed

I edited Beleg a bit; does he seem OK now?
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:52 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

3Beleg, Strongbow Green
Companion • Elf
Archer. Hunter 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Beleg, each minion skirmishing him is strength -1 until the regroup phase for each artifact and possession that Beleg bears.
fine

make it or 2 tokens if you can spot thingol IMSO

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Skirmish: Remove bearer from the game to transfer this artifact to another eligible bearer; bearer gains hunter 2, damage +1, and defender +1 until the end of the game.

I think it should be till the end of the turn, or place them in the dead pile.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:17 pm
Feeling a bit sick, but here’s today’s 3: 3 Elven events.

2 Fell and Swift Elven
Event • Skirmish
Exert a minion skirmishing an Elf. If that minion is then exhausted, you may make that Elf gain hunter 1.
“…almost the designs of Morgoth went astray.”

1 The Day Has Come! Elven
Event • Maneuver
Toil 1.
Spot an Elven Elf to reinforce an Elven token or exert a minion.
“‘Utúlie’n aurë!’”

0 The Night Is Passing! Elven
Event • Skirmish
Make an Elven Elf strength +2. If that Elf wins his or her skirmish, you may remove 1.
“‘Auta i lómë!’”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in totalI had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:22 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Feeling a bit sick, but here’s today’s 3: 3 Elven events.

2 Fell and Swift Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spot an Elf skirmishing a minion to exert that minion. If that minion is then exhausted, you may make that Elf gain hunter 1.
“…almost the designs of Morgoth went astray.”

Sweet.

2 The Day Has Come! Elven
Event • Maneuver
Toil 1.
Spot an Elven Elf to reinforce an Elven token or exert a minion.
“‘Utúlie’n aurë!’”

Toil 2 would just about make this useful, otherwise way UP.

0 The Night Is Passing! Elven
Event • Skirmish
Make an Elven Elf strength +2. If that Elf wins his or her skirmish, you may remove 1.
“‘Auta i lómë!’”

Sound. Maybe even remove 2. See what others say.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:35 pm
I entirely agree with lem0n. Might suggest the wording ’Exert a minion skirmishing an Elf’ for Fell and Swift, though.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:42 pm
Thanks, guys! Thumbs Up Today’s 3 comes from There and Back Again:

0 I Will Give You a Name Shire
Event • Fellowship
Add a burden to play a Shire possession on a companion from your draw deck or discard pile.
“‘…I shall call you Sting.’”

1 Long Whispered Talk Shire
Event • Fellowship
Discard 2 Dwarven cards from hand to take a Shire card into hand from your draw deck or discard pile, or discard 2 Shire cards from hand to take a Dwarven card into hand from your draw deck or discard pile.
“Bilbo was able to take secretly Thorin’s message to each of the other imprisoned dwarves….”

2 Thag You Very Buch Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo to choose one: spot a Gandalf Man to heal a Dwarf; spot a Dwarf to heal a Gandalf Man; or exert Bilbo to heal a Dwarf and a Gandalf Man.
”For three days he sneezed and coughed, and he could not go out….”
I had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:50 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
0 I Will Give You a Name Shire
Event • Fellowship
Add a burden to play a Shire possession on a companion from your draw deck or discard pile.
“‘…I shall call you Sting.’”

I think I’d prefer that it played a possession on a Shire companion, but that’s a flavour thing as in rules terms it’s almost exactly the same thing (as most Shire possessions can only be played on Shire companions).

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
1 Long Whispered Talk Shire
Event • Fellowship
Discard 2 Dwarven cards from hand to take a Shire card into hand from your draw deck or discard pile, or discard 2 Shire cards from hand to take a Dwarven card into hand from your draw deck or discard pile.
“Bilbo was able to take secretly Thorin’s message to each of the other imprisoned dwarves….”

I like!

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2 Thag You Very Buch Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo to choose one: spot a Gandalf Man to heal a Dwarf; spot a Dwarf to heal a Gandalf Man; or exert Bilbo to heal a Dwarf and a Gandalf Man.
”For three days he sneezed and coughed, and he could not go out….”

Again, I like very much.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards