LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:28 am
Thanks, guys! Thumbs Up

The Spell of Glaurung, Abominable Curse Ring
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Maneuver: Add a burden to make the Adventurer fall under The Spell of Glaurung until the end of the turn.
While under The Spell of Glaurung, each time the Adventurer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
“…she knew nothing, and heard nothing, and remembered nothing.”

The Spell of Glaurung, Dragon-spell Ring
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Maneuver: Exert the Adventurer to make him or her fall under The Spell of Glaurung until the regroup phase.
While under The Spell of Glaurung, the Adventurer gains hunter 2, and each time he or she is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
“...and Túrin being under the spell of Glaurung hearkened to his words….”

2Niënor, Captive of Glaurung’s Spell White
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: Ring 5
Spell-bound. Niënor is resistance +1 for each of the following you can spot: Húrin, Morwen, and Túrin.
While Niënor is the Adventurer, at the start of each skirmish involving her, add 2 burdens or exert 2 White companions.
“Then he drew her eyes into his, and her will swooned.”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:59 am; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:27 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Maneuver: Add a burden to make the Adventurer fall under The Spell of Glaurung until the end of the turn.
While under The Spell of Glaurung, each time the Adventurer is about to take a wound, you may add a burden instead.

Is the ’may’ intentional? One Rings do not give you a choice whether to add the burden or not.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Maneuver: Exert the Adventurer to make him or her fall under The Spell of Glaurung until the regroup phase.
While under The Spell of Glaurung, the Adventurer gains hunter 3, and each time he or she is about to take a wound, you may add a burden instead.

Not sure how hunter ties in with the title. I’m sure there are some other keywords that would fit better (or just a simple strength boost).

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Man
Spell-bound. Niënor is resistance +1 for each of the following you can spot: Húrin, Morwen, and Túrin.
While Niënor is the Adventurer, at the start of each skirmish involving her, add 2 burdens or exert 2 White companions.

Fine ARB.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:33 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
While under The Spell of Glaurung, each time the Adventurer is about to take a wound, you may add a burden instead.

Oh yeah...I remember this stuff. Same comment as Thran, though.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
While under The Spell of Glaurung, the Adventurer gains hunter 3, and each time he or she is about to take a wound, you may add a burden instead.

Again, should the "may" be in there? I’d either make it hunter 2 or just strength +1 or maybe +2.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Man

Seems a wee bit harsh, but I guess it makes sense since the Spells themselves are pretty powerful.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:57 am
Edited the Spells as suggested. Thanks! Smile

2 Dark and Dim Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Strength -1
Resistance -1
Skirmish: Spot a twilight Nazgûl to transfer this condition from your support area to a companion skirmishing a Nazgûl.
Each time bearer is assigned to a skirmish a Nazgûl, exert bearer (or twice if the fellowship has moved more than once this turn).
“Even Frodo felt better in the morning light, but every now and again a mist seemed to obscure his sight….”

3Denethor, Son of Ecthelion Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Resistance: 5
To play, spot a Gondor Man.
Muster. Each time you play a Gondor artifact, you may exert Denethor to shuffle a Gondor card from your discard pile into your draw deck.
At the start of the regroup phase, you may remove 2 Gondor tokens to draw 2 cards or remove 2.
“‘…I will not forget it, nor fail to reward that which is given….’”

0Denethor’s Ring Gondor
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Denethor.
When you play this artifact, you may reinforce a Gondor token (and heal a Gondor companion if you can spot a threat).
Response: If a Gondor condition is about to be discarded, discard this artifact to prevent that (and exert a minion if you can spot Boromir).
“‘Yea,’ he said; ‘for though the Stones be lost, they say, still the lords of Gondor have keener sight than lesser men….’”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:07 pm
Gack! Nothing to see here. Move along, move along....
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:11 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2 Dark and Dim Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Strength -1
Resistance -1
Skirmish: Transfer this condition from your support area to a companion skirmishing a Nazgul.
Each time bearer is assigned to a skirmish, exert bearer (or twice if the fellowship has moved more than once this turn).
"Even Frodo felt better in the morning light, but every now and again a mist seemed to obscure his sight…."

I would limit the exerting to when bearer is assigned to a Nazgul. Maybe make this spot a twilight Nazgul somewhere in the text, too, as it’s rather powerful.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2Denethor, Son of Ecthelion Gondor
Companion • Man
Muster. Each time you play a Gondor artifact, you may exert Denethor to shuffle a Gondor card from your discard pile into your draw deck.
At the start of the regroup phase, you may remove 2 Gondor tokens to draw 2 cards or remove 2.
"‘…I will not forget it, nor fail to reward that which is given….’"

Yeah, can you believe Big D never used that subtitle? Shocked Since he has no drawback and some really good text, I think 3/7/3 (as with Last Ruling Steward) would be better. Raise his cost to 3 at the very least.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
0Denethor’s Ring Gondor
Artifact • Ring
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Denethor.
When you play this artifact, you may reinforce a Gondor token (and heal a Gondor companion if you can spot a threat).
Response: If a Gondor condition is about to be discarded, discard this artifact to prevent that (and exert a minion if you can spot Boromir).
"‘Yea,’ he said; ‘for though the Stones be lost, they say, still the lords of Gondor have keener sight than lesser men….’"

Nice! No complaints.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Thranduil
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:17 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2 Dark and Dim Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Strength -1
Resistance -1
Skirmish: Transfer this condition from your support area to a companion skirmishing a Nazgûl.
Each time bearer is assigned to a skirmish, exert bearer (or twice if the fellowship has moved more than once this turn).
“Even Frodo felt better in the morning light, but every now and again a mist seemed to obscure his sight….”

Yeah, I think I agree with DI on this one.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2Denethor, Son of Ecthelion Gondor
Companion • Man
“‘…I will not forget it, nor fail to reward that which is given….’”

Again I agree with DI.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
0Denethor’s Ring Gondor
Artifact • Ring
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Denethor.
“‘Yea,’ he said; ‘for though the Stones be lost, they say, still the lords of Gondor have keener sight than lesser men….’”

I think I would take out the resistance bonus on the grounds that Denethor was crazy and shouldn’t get a resistance boost.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:32 pm
Edited all three. Thumbs Up How do they look now?
I had to put something here.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:42 am
Three never before seen cards from Narn i Hîn Húrin....

14Gothmog, High-captain of Angband Orc
Minion • Balrog
Strength: 17
Vitality: 5
Site Number: 4
Damage +2.
While you can spot 3 Orc minions, Gothmog’s twilight cost is -2.
Assignment: Exert Gothmog twice and discard an Orc Orc to assign him to a companion with the highest strength. The Free Peoples player may discard 2 Free Peoples possessions to prevent that.
“Then he turned upon Fingon. That was a grim meeting.”

3 Angband Marcher Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 7
Vitality: 2
While skirmishing an Elf, this minion gains hunter 2.
“Already a great force out of Angband was drawing near to Hithlum….”

2Black Axe Orc
Strength +3
Bearer must be an Orc Balrog.
Skirmish: If bearer is Gothmog, discard this possession to discard an artifact or possession borne by a character he is skirmishing.
“…a white flame sprang up from the helm of Fingon as it was cloven.”
I had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:16 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
14Gothmog, High-captain of Angband Orc
Minion • Balrog
Strength: 17
Vitality: 5
Damage +2.
While you can spot 3 Orc minions, Gothmog’s twilight cost is -2.
Assignment: Exert Gothmog twice and discard an Orc Orc to assign him to a companion with the highest strength. The Free Peoples player may discard 2 Free Peoples possessions to prevent that.
“Then he turned upon Fingon. That was a grim meeting.”

I don’t think he should have the same title as Gothmog. Perhaps "Gothmog of Morgoth"? Also, I’m thinking that he should be more powerful than The Balrog given that everything was bigger and better in the First Age and the Balrog in Moria has been in hiding and declining for thousands of years. Maybe a few more strength and some extra cost to compensate.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
3 Angband Marcher Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 7
Vitality: 2
While skirmishing an Elf, this minion gains hunter 2.
“Already a great force out of Angband was drawing near to Hithlum….”

I don’t think I’d ever use him: too specific. Give him base hunter 1 then additional 1 for skirmishing an Elf.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2Black Axe Orc
Strength +3
Bearer must be an Orc Balrog.
Skirmish: If bearer is Gothmog, discard this possession to discard an artifact or possession borne by a character he is skirmishing.
“…a white flame sprang up from the helm of Fingon as it was cloven.”

I wouldn’t want to spend 2 twilight on a possession that has such specific bearers just to discard it. I think it’s fine at 1.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards