LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:11 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

White Bombadil’s Country 0
Site 3
Forest. River. Sanctuary. Tom Bombadil and Goldberry are twilight cost -2.
works,..this happens a lot before rivendell, but I understand why it should be a sanctuary.

White Rivendell Courtyard 0
Site 3
Sanctuary. When the fellowship moves from here, remove 1 for each Free Peoples culture you can spot (except the Ring-bearer’s culture).
fine. I think the parenthesized sentence isn’t necessary for balance though.

White Rivendell Hall 0
Site 3
Sanctuary. Fellowship: Play a tale to remove a threat.
foine

White Ford of Rivendell 0
Site 3
River. Sanctuary. The twilight cost of each hunter played at Ford of Rivendell is -1 (or -2 if a Nazgûl).
no. just make it -1 for each Nazgul IMHO, maybe -2 if a huner nazgul, as is way to nice.

White Chamber of Heirlooms 0
Site 3
Sanctuary. Fellowship: Play an artifact or tale to remove 1. Each player may draw a card.
fine

White Gilraen’s Memorial 0
Site 3
Sanctuary. Each time a character exerts, you may heal that character. Limit once per turn.
fine

White House of Elrond 0 (reprint)
Site 3
Sanctuary. When the fellowship moves to House of Elrond, the Free Peoples player may spot 2 Elves to remove a burden.

fine
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:57 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

White Bombadil’s Country 0
Site 3
Forest. River. Sanctuary. Tom Bombadil and Goldberry are twilight cost -2.

Excellent.

White Rivendell Courtyard 0
Site 3
Sanctuary. When the fellowship moves from here, remove 1 for each Free Peoples culture you can spot.

Ok.

White Rivendell Hall 0
Site 3
Sanctuary. Fellowship: Play a tale to remove a threat. If you cannot spot a threat, you may remove 1 instead.

Cool.

White Ford of Rivendell 0
Site 3
River. Sanctuary. The twilight cost of each hunter played at Ford of Rivendell is -1 (or -2 if a Nazgûl).

Strong but ok.

White Chamber of Heirlooms 0
Site 3
Sanctuary. Fellowship: Play an artifact or tale to remove 1. Each player may draw a card.

Erm ok.

White Gilraen’s Memorial 0
Site 3
Sanctuary. Each time a character exerts, you may heal that character. Limit once per turn.

Cool.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:05 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
No fanfare necessary...you all know what region the fellowship enters at Site 4 on this sitepath. Twisted Evil However, some of these may still surprise you. Enjoy!

White Hills of Hollin 2
Site 4
Plains. Each time an opponent makes you draw a card or discard a card from hand, exert one of your characters. If you do not, that opponent may add or remove 1.

This one’s designed mainly to work with Saruman, his artifacts, and some other Isengard stuff. But there are cards from Moria and other cultures you’d expect to see around this time that combo nicely with this as well.

White Redhorn Gate 2
Site 4
Mountain. When the fellowship moves to this site, wound each Hobbit companion or add 3.

"We cannot stay here! This will be the death of the Hobbits!" Need I say more?

White Pass of Caradhras 2 (reprint)
Site 4
Mountain. Shadow: Spot an Isengard minion to play a weather card from your draw deck (limit one per turn).

An old favorite of mine given new life by the grand return (and expansion) of weather cards.

White Hollin Gate 4
Site 4
River. Marsh. Watcher in the Water may be spotted here (even if not in play).

There are a lot of cards in this set that spot the Watcher, if you remember, including (obviously) some of the tentacles. This lets you do all that without needing the luck of getting the Watcher right then and there...though if you DO, the Shadow number pays for the Watcher anyway. You win either way...unless you’re the FP player. Twisted Evil

White The Black Pit 1
Site 4
Underground. The twilight cost of each Moria minion played here is -1 (to a minimum of 1).

I do believe this is the first (and only) Site 4 with a Shadow number less than 2. I’m sure you can understand why when you note the text, though. Mwaha.

White Mines of Moria 2
Site 4
Underground. Possessions and artifacts may be played from your discard pile as if played from hand.

Nothing fancy, though certainly can make things interesting for ALL players, eh?

White Chamber of Records 3
Site 4
Underground. Maneuver: Discard your tale or artifact from play or from hand to heal a character of that card’s culture.

An obvious nod to Balin’s Tomb, though different enough to hopefully be interesting on its own.

White Twenty-First Hall 3
Site 4
Underground. When the fellowship moves to this site, each player must discard a card from hand.

Nothing to say here, really. Moving on....

White Moria Crossroads 3
Site 4
Underground. When the fellowship moves to this site, you may spot a Dwarf to draw a card (or 2 cards if you can also spot a Wizard).

Very similiar to a post-Shadows site from the same location: Moria Guardroom. But again, hopefully different enough to be interesting and still useful. You tell me! Smile
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:13 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Hills of Hollin 2
Site 4
Plains. Each time an opponent makes you draw a card or discard a card from hand, exert one of your characters. If you do not, that opponent may add or remove 1.

I think this has too much text, and I think it would be fine to remove the get-out clause.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Redhorn Gate 2
Site 4
Mountain. When the fellowship moves to this site, wound each Hobbit companion or add 3.

Fair enough.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Pass of Caradhras 2 (reprint)
Site 4
Mountain. Shadow: Spot an Isengard minion to play a weather card from your draw deck (limit one per turn).

BROKEN!

DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Hollin Gate 4
Site 4

As much as I applaud your ingenuity, would it not be a lot easier to make this a Bridge of Khazad-Dum that plays the Watcher from your draw deck for a reduced price?

DáinIronfoot wrote:
White The Black Pit 1
Site 4
Underground. The twilight cost of each Moria minion played here is -1 (to a minimum of 1).

Seems fine.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Mines of Moria 2
Site 4
Underground. Possessions and artifacts may be played from your discard pile as if played from hand.

Fun. I would perhaps not include artifacts, though.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Site 4
Underground. Maneuver: Discard your tale or artifact from play or from hand to heal a character of that card’s culture.

’Tis good.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Site 4
Underground. When the fellowship moves to this site, each player must discard a card from hand.

Fine.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Moria Crossroads 3
Site 4
Underground. When the fellowship moves to this site, you may spot a Dwarf to draw a card (or 2 cards if you can also spot a Wizard).

Yeah, it’s alright. I normally put Moria Guardroom as site 2 though!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:22 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
No fanfare necessary...you all know what region the fellowship enters at Site 4 on this sitepath. Twisted Evil However, some of these may still surprise you. Enjoy!

White Hills of Hollin 2
Site 4
fine

White Redhorn Gate 2
Site 4
cut cost to 1

White Hollin Gate 4
Site 4
cut cost some...

White The Black Pit 1
Site 4
foine

White Mines of Moria 2
Site 4
now thats just weird... Razz

Site 4
works.

White Moria Crossroads 3
Site 4

fine.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:11 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

White Hills of Hollin 2
Site 4

The wording is odd. "If you do not"? You dont have a choice it says "exert" not "you may exert".

White Redhorn Gate 2
Site 4

Oof harsh. Realistic tie in but wound is still sick. Exert would be better.

White Hollin Gate 4
Site 4

Thats awesome i NEED this card lol.

White The Black Pit 1
Site 4

Wow nasty but i like. Concerned about the abuse this could lead to but nonetheless, nice.

White Mines of Moria 2
Site 4

Nah dont like it, yes its interesting but it completely invalidates poseesion removal, making grond useless and a whole host of others. Veto.

Site 4

Wouldnt say from hand, its too versatile.

Site 4

Fair enough.

White Moria Crossroads 3
Site 4

Cool.

"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:10 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I’ll make some tweaks on the last batch a little later. For now, time is short and I want to get the next site up, so here we go!

Site 5 has always been rather limited in terms of variety. The King block only had four to choose from, the Tower block had five, and the Fellowship block, of course, only ever had one:

White The Bridge of Khazad-dûm 6 (reprint)
Site 5
Battleground. Underground. Shadow: Play The Balrog from your draw deck or hand; The Balrog’s twilight cost is -6.

However, I have decided to add a LITTLE more variety outside of the reprint, so here are a few more to choose from. Enjoy! Smile

White Old Moria 7
Site 5
Battleground. Underground. While you can spot a Dwarf or Wizard here, each minion is roaming.

White Second Hall 7
Site 5
Underground. Each Dwarven and Moria character is strength +1.

White Azanulbizar 5
Site 5
Regroup: Spot your Moria minion to make the fellowship move again this turn (if the move limit allows).

White Dimrill Stair 8
Site 5
Mountain. When the fellowship moves to this site during the regroup phase, the Free Peoples player may heal a companion of each culture.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:38 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

White Old Moria 7
Site 5
Battleground. Underground. While you can spot a Dwarf or a Wizard, each minion played here is roaming until the regroup phase.
interesting...

White Second Hall 7
Site 5
cut cost to 6

White Azanulbizar 6
Site 5
Regroup: Spot your Moria minion to make the fellowship move again this turn (if the move limit allows).
cut cost to 5

White Dimrill Stair 8
Site 5
Mountain. When the fellowship moves to this site during the regroup phase, the Free Peoples player may heal a companion of each culture.

fine
"DáinIronfoot"
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:33 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I’ll make some tweaks on the last batch a little later. For now, time is short and I want to get the next site up, so here we go!

Site 5 has always been rather limited in terms of variety. The King block only had four to choose from, the Tower block had five, and the Fellowship block, of course, only ever had one:

Site 5
Battleground. Underground. Shadow: Play The Balrog from your draw deck or hand; The Balrog’s twilight cost is -6.

However, I have decided to add a LITTLE more variety outside of the reprint, so here are a few more to choose from. Enjoy! Smile

It makes a lot of sense for FotR block that there’s only 1, however. After all, to leave Moria you have to cross the Bridge of Khazad-Dum.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Old Moria 7
Site 5
Battleground. Underground. While you can spot a Dwarf or a Wizard, each minion played here is roaming until the regroup phase.

Rephrase: ’While you can spot a Dwarf or Wizard here, each minion is not roaming.’

DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Second Hall 7
Site 5

Perhaps include Orc there as well?

DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Azanulbizar 6
Site 5

I think 5 is better.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Dimrill Stair 8
Site 5

Seems fine. I should warn you that I’m terrible on site balance, though. Wink

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:18 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Site 5

Holy moly. Nasty.

White Old Moria 7
Site 5
Battleground. Underground. While you can spot a Dwarf or Wizard here, each minion is roaming.

Seems ok if a little harsh on nazgul.

White Second Hall 7
Site 5

Cool.

White Azanulbizar 5
Site 5

Surely this should be more than just 1 minion?

White Dimrill Stair 8
Site 5

Fine.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards