LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
NappyKorn
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:13 pm
Hello, I was wondering how many people would be interested in something like a raffle or some sort of contests for some of the cards I have for sale at the moment? I haven’t quite decided on what to run do as of a contest or what not but here are a few examples I guess.

A Raffle:

I could sell chances (either by numbers or something else) for .50 to $2.00 depending on the card(s) up at the time. Members can purchase as many chances as the would like for the card(s). After all entries have been recieved I will find a program that generates the random number for the numbers entered to declare the winner of the card.

DC contest:

I could try and run a DC contest were CC members can pay x amount of monet to entry and the winner of the contest wins the card determined before the contest starts. I may also just put my cards up in another members DC contest and just for the members that enter their contest send me the entry fees.

SDA Tournament:

Not sure this would be a very good one seeing how the current tournament is going. We could run a 2bd SDA tournament after this 1st won is done with an entry fee and winners of each round recieve a determined card and then the overall winner gets the ’grand prize’.

Trivia Contest:

I could run a trivia contest with a small entry fee. I would ask 10 Lord of the Rings questions per contest. Depending on the number of entrees 1st-3rd place would win pre determined and listed cards. Winners would be decided by the number of correct answers and in the case of a tie the member that got the answers to me the quickest would be considered the winner.

I’m looking for some feedback on this idea. Please feel free to offer your opinion on whether this would be a good idea or bad idea, whether you would participate in a contest for prizes, or any other clever contest ideas you may have.

Just trying to find a more effective and Cobracards based way of getting rid of my cards to help my efforts at saving up for my latest chapter in life Very Happy . Of course anyone can still purchase my cards/sets straight up but as soon as they are offered as prizes in any future contests they will not be available for purchase Thumbs Up

Thanks and hoping to recieve some feedback on these ideas whether they be good, bad or awful.

NK
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:27 am
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
Do a DC seeing as more people would prolly join for that one. Thumbs Up
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:01 pm
MR. Lurtzy wrote:
Do a DC seeing as more people would prolly join for that one. Thumbs Up

I agree. Applause have a GP MR. Lurtzy for that amazing post.

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
TheHobbit13
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:09 am
stop spamming please it is getting old rather fast. thanks Smile
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
TheHobbit13
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:11 am
uuugh my comp was working slow so a pressed summit again oops.
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:13 am
TheHobbit13 wrote:

I cant believe i agree with TH13. This, ML, isnt even useful spam or a useful anything it is just spam. Mods should do somethign about this as its not in the members lounge.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:16 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
TheHobbit13 wrote:

I cant believe i agree with TH13. This, ML, isnt even useful spam or a useful anything it is just spam. Mods should do somethign about this as its not in the members lounge.

Look, everything I post nowadays is considered spam, whether it is or not. I know I do spam a lot, but you should actually read the post. I am trying to get some kind of answer out of NappyKorn to see if he is going to do any sort of raffle. You guys seriously need to chill. Cool

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:51 pm
MR. Lurtzy wrote:
Look, everything I post nowadays is considered spam

Correction: Everything I post nowadays is spam.

Enough, Lurtzy. This has gone far enough.
I had to put something here.
NappyKorn
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:08 am
Well seeing as no one is interested in an kind of a contest other the MR. Lurtzy I guess that idea was a flop. I might find something to do with the extra cards I have that don’t get sold Laughing . Anybody have any ideas?
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
Celebrimbor
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:15 am
If we ever get to play a game on SDA, we could agree on a bet...but according to conor that’s "online gambling".
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion