LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
macheteman
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:07 pm
MR. Lurtzy wrote:
Hmm, he could be one, but then who is Goldberry? Another nature spirit who "marries" him?

exactly, a dryad is a spirit of the trees, goldberry would be a nyad: a spirit of the water.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:50 pm
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
So, uhhhhhhh could Bombadil be killed? Twisted Evil
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
macheteman
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:10 pm
MR. Lurtzy wrote:
So, uhhhhhhh could Bombadil be killed? Twisted Evil

ask tolkien! dig him up and give him what for ’til he tells you, and then let the world know Bombadil’s identity!!!!
ROLF!!!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:13 pm
MR. Lurtzy wrote:
Hmm, he could be one, but then who is Goldberry? Another nature spirit who "marries" him?

Of course it could be another Tolkien + Wife reference, as in Beren and Luthien. Think
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:21 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Every time Tolkien was asked, even he didn’t seem to really know. He wrote Bombadil with many questions surrounding him on purpose, I think, leaving it open to interpritation.

In other words, he’s whatever we want him to be...but we’re all probably wrong anyway. Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
macheteman
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:29 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Every time Tolkien was asked, even he didn’t seem to really know. He wrote Bombadil with many questions surrounding him on purpose, I think, leaving it open to interpritation.

In other words, he’s whatever we want him to be...but we’re all probably wrong anyway. Razz

but you could be wrong... Laughing
ROLF!!!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:43 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
nuff said

LOL
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:09 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:

Well, I certainly see nothing wrong with that logic. Reason #2 is particularly damning.

Razz

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:29 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
"1. We never hear of Tom at all during the whole of the First Age. The Nine Rings aren’t forged until the Second Age. QED."

...but Doesn’t Elrond mention that Bombadil was around back then? During the Council of Elrond, or something?
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:05 pm
Dude, you’re ruining the joke. Just go with it. Laughing

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion