LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
gil-estel
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:17 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
My shadow beatdown, with gollum to lead the dance!

Fat One Wants It 2x
Incited
Not Yet Vanquished
Plotting 2x
Deceit 2x
Heavy Burden
Not Alone
Not Easily Avoided
Treacherous Little Toad
Captured By The Ring 4x
Horribly Strong 2x
Led Astray 4x
So Polite 4x
Gollum, Threatening Guide
The Balrog, Demon of Might 3x
Sauron, The Lord of the Rings

The goal is to bring out The Rog! How to do it? Mostly I let the other person walk on my sites. I have site manipulation on both sides, fellowship as well as shadow.
Play Gollum, add some threats, discard him to wound, bring him back with So Polite, play Led Astray to add 3 and to give Bridge of Khazad-dum and play the Rog at minus 3. That is the main idea. Gollum can deal a puch, but fierce, damage 2 minion that skips both maneuver and archery is the main attraction.
I can also generate some burdens, and they can be helpful. With some burdens and some threats it can be nice to play Sauron as well. Imagine the following situation. My opponent is on site 6. Just had his sanctuary and being all happy. Has 5 companions, makes 2-3 twilight, has 3 burdens and 5 threats. Not a very hard picture to imagine. He walks to a site that gives 3 twilight. That brings my total to 16 or maybe even 17 twilight. I play So Polite, adding more twiligth, play Led Astray, more twilight and the Bridge and then I can play both the Rog and Sauron!
It is a fun deck, and there are lot’s of things that would probably kill it -Shadowplay for example- but it has a potential threat!
Last edited by gil-estel on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total My trading list
My main wants
My refs
TheJord
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:41 pm
Could you explain how you get this deck to work with only 5 minions? You could go hand after hand without one minion! Fair enough, NEA and CbtR are basically copies of Gollum, but do you just wait to drop the combo?
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
gil-estel
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:17 pm
it is small, and almost everything is pointed at making the combo work. Once one Balrog has showed up, you’re in business. Not Alone is there to grab the Balrog back, but yeah, you need a little luck. That’s why it is a fundeck!
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
NappyKorn
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:03 am
I hate this deck Laughing
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
gil-estel
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:39 pm
Gillian’s version is tougher I guess...but had time to think about it....
My trading list
My main wants
My refs

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard