LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:49 am
By the way the forums at D are back up.

P.s. I too got these emails. Doesnt inspire me D is making a comeback.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
donimator
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:33 pm
12:33pm EST and D has blown another deadline Rolling Eyes ...nothing yet
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting beside you saying, "Man, we screwed up!"
Anvar
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:58 pm
It’s up, click on the first page, then click on the timer.

Anvar
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:11 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
If you click the "Two Years in the Making" stuff, it takes you here:
http://www.decipher.com/fightklub/blog
Click the "become a founding member" part, and it takes you to the actual game information (you don’t have to become a founding member to get the info)

To be honest, I think I may have figured out part of D’s grand plan for "radically alter[ing] the TCG landscape for years to come."

Well aside from my first impression (Does this whole thing sound at all like the setup for a pyramid scam?), I’ll grant that they’ve got some interesting ideas there (letting the players pick what characters from what get turned into cards; I want a deck based around Odin and the Valkyrie, and another based around King Olaf I....). But what the heck? Very nice try, D, but I am not encouraged....

...besides, isn’t this game one huge copyright violation just waiting to happen?
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:11 pm
I get the scoop!

10% of everything your player buys for life! Wow!

I probably won’t play the game, because that kinda stuff doesn’t interest me, but if I sign up and get a few people to sign up after me, I’d be happy. Very Happy

They do have licensing, so its not a copyright violation. They also are stealing 4gxg’s idea of gamers making the cards. I guess they just don’t wanna have all the work, but do want all the money. Very Happy Its a brilliant idea, actually, just couldn’t they have picked something better than FightKlub?

Also, the idea of not selling boosters, but selling "kilos" will net them some extra money among players who actually buy. But, I’d rather they did the $2.99 boosters vs the $30 kilos. Hence why I probably won’t buy. Sad
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Kralik
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:37 pm
Meh. Seems underwhelming.
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
TheBlueWizard
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:19 pm
Well, I think that this is also underwhelming.

That being said, I signed up for an account. I figured that if it gets popular later and I pick it up, I would want my handle.

I haven’t decided about being a mentor or founder or whatever they are calling them. As former volunteers get a free pass, I don’t need to decide until the last minute, but I think that there big problem is going to be getting 6000 players, let alone 6000 volunteers.

I’m still calling this as an April Fool’s joke, but I guess we’ll see.

TBW
TheJord
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:22 pm
I dont really get this whole "handle" idea... maybe someone could explain it to me
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
TheBlueWizard
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:06 pm
TheJord wrote:
I dont really get this whole "handle" idea... maybe someone could explain it to me

I’m "TheBlueWizard" here, for Lord of the Rings online, and several other websites.

I would be seriously irked, if I didn’t get that "handle" over there too. Its a small thing, but I can be easily annoyed.

For example, some guy in Canada is "TheBlueWizard" on XBox Live. I have to use something else.

TBW

PS Its probably not called a handle anymore, but I don’t bother to keep up with the terminology.
man_flesh
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:10 pm
It sounds intriguing. I am with you guys though. Fight Klub? They could have come up with a better name. It sounds a lot like Anachronism to me. 15 minutes to play? The difference is that the combatants are fictional and not historical. Anyways, I will try. Why not?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion