LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:39 pm
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
Ok, Flaming Brand says that you may bear it and one other hand weapon. My question is, do you have to play flaming brand first on your companion or can you play a sword (such as Ithilien Blade) first and then play the brand? Thanks to those that help. Wink
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
Kralik
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:44 pm
You can play a sword first and then the Flaming Brand -- either order is fine.

Note that it’s restricted in Expanded due to being abused... but two Flaming Brand’s vs. Nazzies is awesome! Very Happy
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:58 pm
Thanks! Have a GP for the quick response.

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
macheteman
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:13 pm
the other cool thing about flaming brand is that it can play on any man. so it is great in a gandy men deck! or rohan. same with the shields that play on men.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Kralik
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:41 pm
Back before they anticipated many men besides Gondor...
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
TheHobbit13
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:33 pm
Kralik wrote:
You can play a sword first and then the Flaming Brand -- either order is fine.

Note that it’s restricted in Expanded due to being abused... but two Flaming Brand’s vs. Nazzies is awesome! Very Happy

how was it being abused? i was just wondering it doesn’t have an amazing ability.
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:35 pm
with 2 brands, against nazgul a man is strength +6 and damage +2, basically killing most nazgul except maybe enquea or the witch-king. Thumbs Up

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
Kralik
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:04 am
Consider also that when it was first made, there were only 2 companions who could use it -- the only two Men -- Aragorn and Boromir. Once The Two Towers came out and there were plenty of men, including generic ones, it became a little two good. Should that Elite Rider* with a mount and two Flaming Brand’s be Str 14, and essentially damage +3 vs. Nazgul? By today’s standards, that may not seem to be a big deal, but back then it was HUGE! It’s kind of like No Stranger to the Shadows... sure, when there were only three rangers (the two men above and Arwen), it was reasonable. When everyone and their mother played ranger decks with 4x NSttS, it became OP.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:54 am
Kralik wrote:
Back before they anticipated many men besides Gondor...

I know that is sad isnt it. That a company making the lotr trilogy of cards didnt anticipate Rohan following in tower block... d'oh!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Kralik
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:21 am
All they needed to say was Gondor Man... Confused

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions