LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
micah247
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:37 am
--- description ---
The Basic goal here is to get as many cards as possible out of your deck by site 3, so you can set up a swarm by site 7 for your opponent.
--- end description ---

*******Please Note: I only have cards through set 13, Bloodlines, so please keep that in mind when making suggestions********

EDITED to remove X-list card

Sites
Green Dragon Inn
Dammed Gate Stream
Other rivers and dwellings accept for kill all allies river

Ring-bearer
Frodo, Old Bilbos Heir
The One Ring, Binding Ring

Starting Companions
Gandalf, Leader of Men
Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence
Merry, Horticulturalist
Smeagol, Slippery Sneak

Draw Deck

Companions
Bilbo, Aged Ring-bearer
Sam, Great Elf Warrior
Farmer Maggot, Hobbit of the Marish

Allies
Tom Bombadil
Goldberry
Bounder
Rosie Cotton, Hobbiton Lass

Possesions
Shadowfax
Sting, Weapon of Heritage
3 x Hobbit Sword

Artifact
Narya
Phial of Galadriel, The Light of Earendil
Gandalf’s Staff, Ash Staff

Conditions
Consorting with Wizards
Safe Passage

Events
4 x Saved From the Fire
4 x Practically Everyone was Invited
Power According to his Stature
Grown Suddenly Tall

Total 31 cards

Strategy

Ok, bid at least 2 and go second so you can play Green Dragon Inn at site 2 and Dammed Gate stream at site 3, to get Bilbo and safe passage. Use smeagol to remove twilight (choose river or dwelling). Use Practically everyone was invited to get Sam and then other allies. Use Saved from the fire to get rid of Merry (after grabbing Farmer Maggot) and Pippin and to get your fellowship some possessions. Use The One Ring to get Narya for Gandalf. Continue playing Practically everyone to get more allies, Sting on Sam, Hobbit swords on others. I do not plan on double moving, as this is mostly setup for a Swarm on the shadow side. If they get an annoying condition or 2 Use Grown Suddenly Tall to ditch it, this unfortunately kills Safe Passage and Consorting with Wizards, so at that point Smeagol and Bilbo May be useless.
I was thinking of putting in A Promise or maybe an event or 2 to pump the hobbits.

If you have any suggestions, let me know.
Last edited by micah247 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
NBarden
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:46 am
Looks good. Try the Binding Ring, it helps with Filtering. Maybe Narya for Gandy? And pack Safe Passage, you’ll need it for counteracting Saved from the Fire’s twilight. Just pack one copy with Dammed Gate Stream and voila. Instant choking abilities.

Oh, and the deck is technically open format, since Galadriel is technically banned. But it doesn’t matter since you’re not using her broken ability. Whistle
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
micah247
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:03 am
Doh I missed the Galadriel X list thing. Hmm that kinda wrecks the whole elf component. Guess I have a few more cards to work with. Will repost without elves when I think of something. And yes I am thinking Safe Passage with River sites, and that helps Golberry and Tom as well.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:06 am
Just take it to open, pack Sting and Steadfast Champion, nobody cares. Whistle
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
micah247
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:44 am
Updated to remove X-list cards (now it is not as good Rolling Eyes ) I hope this works at least ok.
NappyKorn
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:50 am
safe paths boosts the move limit, you mean safe passage to remove the twilght Thumbs Up
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
micah247
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:11 pm
Thanks, mistype. Fixed.
micah247
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:42 pm
Well this worked ok at the start, but I got hit with the no allies site at 2 getting rid of Rosie and Tom, At that point Blade Tip and Black Breath got played on Sam and Gandalf and they died. I was unable to do anything else as the Nazgul were just to strong. Died moving to site 6.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:09 am
You should not have been at site 6. The point of a filter deck is to filter fast so your shadow kills. It is designed to survive long enough to pull a shadow kill.

Making it to 6 means that something’s wrong with your shadow.
micah247
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:54 pm
Yeah I know. THe shadows was absolutely destroyed by archery. There was nothing I got out that lived very long. He knew his deck was better, after the site 3 so he single moved the rest of the way. I was planning on trying it again, against a differant deck, and see how it works when he is not doing archery.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded