LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anvar
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:11 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Relatively balanced, but this is one of those cards you really can’t be entirely certain about until someone like NBarden playtests and tries to break it. I’d make it unique, I think.

Thanks for the comments. Why would you make it unique? The more copies out the worse the penalty with no benefit.

Anvar
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:12 pm
’Muster of the Dead’ is a title that feels unique, though it obviously doesn’t matter from a gameplay perspective.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:17 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anvar wrote:
Some potentially very powerful cards to get this thread off with a bang. Less controversial cards will follow, so don’t panic just yet.

0 •The Stone of Erech Gondor
Artifact • Support Area
Legendary - 3
Response: If an exhausted Gondor Wraith is about to take a wound, you may spot Aragorn and add 2 threats to discard that Wraith instead.
Skirmish: Spot Aragorn and place this card in the dead pile to make each Gondor Wraith strength +2 until the regroup phase.
“’Now come! By the Black Stone I call you!’”
I think it should be one threat IMSO

3 Muster of the Dead Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Gondor Wraiths in your dead pile do not count towards the rule of nine.
To play a companion you must add two threats.
“...but the Dead followed.”

Wow...that makes things...interesting...I don’t see why uniqueness matters
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:24 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
d'oh! Good call about the threats piling up...I hadn’t thought of that. It’s fine as is, then.

Man, my brain is all twisted up like...like a pretzel! I’ve got a pretzel in my head!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:04 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Man, my brain is all twisted up like...like a pretzel! I’ve got a pretzel in my head!

You should try having a lemon!!!

Anvar wrote:
Some potentially very powerful cards to get this thread off with a bang. Less controversial cards will follow, so don’t panic just yet.

O gees, not another one! Rolling Eyes

0 •The Stone of Erech Gondor
Artifact • Support Area
Legendary - 3
Response: If an exhausted Gondor Wraith is about to take a wound, you may spot Aragorn and add 2 threats to discard that Wraith instead.
Skirmish: Spot Aragorn and place this card in the dead pile to make each Gondor Wraith strength +2 until the regroup phase.
“’Now come! By the Black Stone I call you!’”

Awesome, i like, 2 threats seems a lot but fair play.

3 Muster of the Dead Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Gondor Wraiths in your dead pile do not count towards the rule of nine.
To play a companion you must add two threats.
“...but the Dead followed.”

Phrase it "each Gondor wraith", but im not sure if balance is the issue, more that the card should not be made. Circumventing the rule of 9 was effectively removed by x-ing boromirs horn so any other attempts i frown upon. This is the one card type however i think if it was ever going to happen it should. As there were heck of a lot of ghosts!

Anvar
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anvar
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:54 am
Thanks for the reviews.

Now for some more Ghostly companions. This is a vertical cycle, intended to be at Common, Uncommon and Rare:

2 Ghostly Warrior Gondor
Companion • Wraith
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 5
Twilight. Enduring 1.
To play, spot Aragorn or a Gondor Wraith.
Return - Add a threat. (You may play this card from your discard pile as if from hand if you add a threat).
“‘...it was like the echo of some forgotten battle in the Dark Years long ago.’”

3 Ghostly Rider Gondor
Companion • Wraith
Strength: 7
Twilight. Enduring 1.
Return - Add a threat. If you play this using the return cost, exhaust this companion.
“ ‘Yes, the Dead ride behind. They have been summoned.’ ”

4 •Ghostly Legion Gondor
Companion • Wraith
Strength: 8
Resistance 5
Twilight. Enduring 2.
Return - Add 2 threats. If you play this using the return cost, exhaust each Gondor Wraith.

Edited with new reminder text.
Last edited by Anvar on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:55 am; edited 3 times in total
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:59 am
Anvar wrote:
2 Ghostly Warrior Gondor
Companion • Wraith
Twilight. Enduring 1.
Return
- Add a threat. (You may play this card from your discard pile if you add a threat).
“‘...it was like the echo of some forgotten battle in the Dark Years long ago.’”

Very good! Very Happy

Anvar wrote:
3 Ghostly Rider Gondor
Companion • Wraith
Twilight. Enduring 1.
Return
- Add a threat. If you play this using the return cost, exhaust this companion.

Neat. Smile

Anvar wrote:
4 •Ghostly Legion Gondor
Companion • Wraith
Resistance 5
Twilight. Enduring 1.
Return - Add 2 threats. If you play this using the return cost, exhaust all Gondor Wraiths.

Maybe enduring 2 instead? Think
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:27 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anvar wrote:
2 Ghostly Warrior Gondor
Companion • Wraith
Twilight. Enduring 1.
Return
- Add a threat. (You may play this card from your discard pile if you add a threat).

Nifty. The ultimate bounce in/out of the discard pile Wraith. Thumbs Up I think it should probably require adding a threat and/or spotting another Wraith to play him in the first place, though.

Anvar wrote:
3 Ghostly Rider Gondor
Companion • Wraith
Twilight. Enduring 1.
Return
- Add a threat. If you play this using the return cost, exhaust this companion.

Same comment here. Wraiths shouldn’t be quite that easy to initially play.

Anvar wrote:
4 •Ghostly Legion Gondor
Companion • Wraith
Resistance 5
Twilight. Enduring 1.
Return - Add 2 threats. If you play this using the return cost, exhaust all Gondor Wraiths.

I think it should be "exhaust each Gondor Wraith", but fair enough. I agree with AP about the enduring here, since he’s unique.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:22 pm
Anvar wrote:
2 Ghostly Warrior Gondor
Companion • Wraith
Twilight. Enduring 1.
Return - Add a threat. (You may play this card from your discard pile if you add a threat).

When does return trigger? Assuming it’s in the fellowship phase, maybe add ’... as if from hand’ or ’... during the fellowship phase’ somewhere in your helper text which would make it clearer.

Anvar wrote:
3 Ghostly Rider Gondor
Companion • Wraith
Twilight. Enduring 1.
Return - Add a threat. If you play this using the return cost, exhaust this companion.

Not a fan of your wording there. Perhaps after ’threat’, you could simply write ’Then, exhaust this companion.’

Anvar wrote:
4 •Ghostly Legion Gondor
Companion • Wraith
Resistance 5
Twilight. Enduring 2.

Same note on wording. Fun card otherwise. Perhaps enduring 1 with a boost in either strength or vitality? And DI’s wording is probably better as well.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anvar
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:38 pm
Thranduil wrote:

When does return trigger? Assuming it’s in the fellowship phase, maybe add ’... as if from hand’ or ’... during the fellowship phase’ somewhere in your helper text which would make it clearer.

It doesn’t trigger. The normal rules about when you can play cards apply. Does this really need to be clearer?

Quote:

Not a fan of your wording there. Perhaps after ’threat’, you could simply write ’Then, exhaust this companion.’

The problem is that the cost of return is after the dash. If you can’t pay that cost, you can’t use the ability. For the effect of the return to be placed alongside the cost doesn’t seem to make a sense. You can’t exhaust the companion until it’s in play. What if there was a card that said "Return - add a threat. Then remove 3."? If there was no twilight in the pool, could you play the card or not? I understand what you are saying about this, but I actually think my wording makes the cost - effect of Return clearer.

Anvar
Last edited by Anvar on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards