LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
TheBlueWizard
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:18 pm
First off, let me say that I have probably opened (or watched) easily 250 sealed boxes of boosters being opened of Decipher product going all the way back to the black border premiere of Star Trek. Of that, the lion’s share is Lord of the Rings.

So, over Easter weekend, my nephew picked up the game for the first time. It caused me to jump back in, realize that no one was at home at Decipher, then figure out that those who were left are here. I also ordered up some product that I was missing (where are Hunters and Rise of Saruman booster?), and start to get caught up.

Anyway, to help my "fix" of pack opening, I bought a box of Shadows boosters. I had tons of it, but for $9, who cares? Anyway, it wasn’t until half way through the box, that I said, "huh, no foils?". Since I have them all from this set, I don’t care, but it was odd. At the end of the box, I still hadn’t received one foil. It was very strange.

I know that distribution is random, but in all of the boxes I’ve pulled, I have never seen anything quite like this. Perhaps it was common with Shadows and I wasn’t part of the scene then, but hey, it was still weird.

Thanks for getting this far!

TBW
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:31 pm
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
Hmm, that sucks, but for $9...

I have gotten a few booster boxes, and I usually get 5-6 foils in the post shadows ones and 8-10 foils in pre shadows stuff. I guess it’s all random though.
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
menace64
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:44 pm
That explains why I pulled 17 foils in my last Shadows box.

Thanks!
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:00 am
LOL, thats cruel menace Very Happy

Yeah $9 makes it unimportant but the principle sucks. No foils in an entire box, id be seriously miffed if it mattered. Never seen that before. Unlucky TBW.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
TheJord
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:05 am
I’ve found Shadows weird like that, I have opened about 5 boxes and never ever pulled a Goblin Hordes.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:14 am
TheJord wrote:
I’ve found Shadows weird like that, I have opened about 5 boxes and never ever pulled a Goblin Hordes.

Wow thats nasty as well. All these heartache stories really make me appreciate what i thought ive always had were average pulls, were in fact pretty decent!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
TheJord
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:17 am
I’ve also never pulled a Masterworks foil...
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
NBarden
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:01 am
I bought one 3 boosters from shadows once and pulled 2 foils.

Out of booster boxes I’ve bought, I’ve usually pulled about 1 or 2 foils. But I don’t care about foils, they work the same as the regular version.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:43 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Foils = SHINY Very Happy
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I got 30 ROTK boosters out of a box, got something like 6-8 foils. pretty decent, but especially so considering 1 of them had double foils, and one of the doubles was Anduril FOTW...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion