LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:53 pm
Since I’m slowly reworking the classic SW-LotR Cross game, I’ve decided to overhaul the cultures.

Right now, I’ve got:

Light Side
Fringe
Jedi
Rebel
Republic

Dark Side
Creature
Dark Jedi
Empire
Fringe
Separatist
Yuuzhan Vong

Now, obviously, I need one or two more Light Side cultures. Initially, I considered adding New Republic - but I’m hesitant. New Republic is basically Rebels + a few years, which would make the cultures more-or-less the same. A good option would be Old Republic, but - again - I’m not too sure.

A Cloud City culture isn’t required, as that would be a subculture in Fringe. Some kind of ’Smuggler’ culture would also be Fringe. Gungans will be Republic and Ewoks will be Rebel.

So, my question to you is this: What’s a good-sized ’good’-oriented organization/group that would make a decent culture? I just can’t think of anything...
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:55 pm
I’m no Star Wars junkie, but maybe Wookie? Think
I had to put something here.
menace64
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:57 pm
Eh... similar problem with Wookiee. Some of them will fall into Republic, most into Rebel, and a few into Fringe. They aren’t a ’galactic power’.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:59 pm
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
New republic is different than the rebels by a mile, but I don’t think that a new culture would be necessary. I’ve only read one book after the star wars 6ology thingy, so I don’t know too much, but the Creature culture could also have a light side variant like with the Gollum culture. Other than that though, I really don’t see the light side as having many more cultures because there weren’t many more factions that were "good".
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
menace64
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:04 pm
I’d love to make creatures a LS culture as well, but can you name one ’creature’ (and by creature I mean ’non sentient being’) that joined Luke on any kind of quest? I sure can’t; the only creatures I think of were mindless harriers of Good.

I suppose you’re right that I really don’t need another LS culture... but one more would make things a lot better. It would give a player a lot more choices.
Riddle 9

Who am I?
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:05 pm
menace64 wrote:
Eh... similar problem with Wookiee. Some of them will fall into Republic, most into Rebel, and a few into Fringe. They aren’t a ’galactic power’.

Mm. Maybe Droid, a la Artoo and Threepio?
I had to put something here.
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:06 pm
As I said before, I don’t know of much Expanded universe. BTW, are you using the newer star wars or old stuff like clones, or even older stuff like Revan and Malak.
'On and on old war shall go,

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
menace64
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:06 pm
Droid is possible, but unfortunately I think it’s the same issue as Wookiee - droids make up parts of various groups, but don’t have their own command structure or power. They aren’t really connected to each other or anything.

I hate shooting down ideas. Do you think Old Republic wound work all right?
Riddle 9

Who am I?
menace64
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:08 pm
MR. Lurtzy wrote:
As I said before, I don’t know of much Expanded universe. BTW, are you using the newer star wars or old stuff like clones, or even older stuff like Revan and Malak.

I’m going all over the place. That’s why I think I’ll go with Old Republic. Revan, Malak, and Nihilus are all covered in Dark Jedi, but their rivals have nowhere in the game yet.

All right, you got me. lol. I suppose I need to get an Old Republic culture.
Riddle 9

Who am I?
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:09 pm
I think old republic would be awesome. You could have a light side and dark side revan.

So, with old republic you would have jedi and such in it? or would it just be guys like the rakatan and republic troopers and droids and other aliens?

BTW, Menace do you consider the Rakatan to be on the good or evil side?
Last edited by MR. Lurtzy on Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total'On and on old war shall go,

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards