LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
JDRobinson
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:26 pm
Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 64 Location: Warner Robins, GA - USA
I have been trying to think of a shadow to build with something from the new set and I have been looking at the new Sauron. With his game text, I thought about the Enduring Nazgul or maybe even Shelob. With his new Mace, which is free, I thought about maybe using it combined with The Witch King, Black Lord to maybe kill the ring-bearer. Even use the Ithil Stone. I don’t know, it just seems like the new Sauron has alot of potential. What do you guys think? Smile
"Quenuvalye i lamber Eldareva"

-Thou canst speak the tongues of the Elves.
david_robertson
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:21 am
Aye, this new Sauron ROCKS!! I think he's much better than the REflections one, and with his mace - brrrr... That's why I'll always love the Sauron culture Wink
East Stirling FC RULES!!!
Cobra
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:27 am
In case anyone hasn't seen those cards yet, here are the links:

Sauron, Dark Lord of Mordor
Sceptre of the Dark Lord

The problem with that build is that the minions would get expensive really fast. One or two enduring Nazgul (or Shelob), and you won't have enough twilight left for Sauron! At least, not on a regular basis -- might still be a good idea to splash a copy or two in case the pool gets flooded, though.

I think he'd actually work better with the Orcs or a similar swarm-type deck... Play 6-8 minions and get a free Sauron as the icing on the cake! Laughing
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
david_robertson
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:29 am
I think he'll fit well in any beatdown deck - just place two copies of him and two of his sceptres and watch your oppnent suffer Twisted Evil
Cobra
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:33 am
Yeah, the combo with the Sceptre is pretty awesome. Freeps basically chooses two companions to kill, or allows the Shadow to choose two to kill!

Knights would survive that pretty easily, though... maybe match the Sauron combo with Uruks, for mass condition removal?
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
david_robertson
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:23 am
As a nasty orc lover I would suggest Sauron with Besiegers (and I will try it with my own deck as soon as I get Sauron and Sceptre Twisted Evil
Besiegers don't have much problems with twilight, especially when they're set up Wink I remember a game when I played four minions ( 2 stacked and two from hand) for the total of 5 tokens and there were still 9 tokens left in the pool Cool
JDRobinson
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:58 pm
Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 64 Location: Warner Robins, GA - USA
Very intresting ideas guys. Very nice. I still love the reflection Sauron. DAMAGE+2, ENDURING, FIERCE. Shocked He was alittle harder to play with though.

Funniest part of The Return of the King: Gandalf:-- "You are soldiers of Gondor. No matter what comes through that gate, you will stand your ground." BOOM, gate explodes and three big, spicky-armoured, football-like Trolls come through. Shocked Laughing
"Quenuvalye i lamber Eldareva"

-Thou canst speak the tongues of the Elves.
Tex
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:52 pm
They stood their ground all right, and they're still there on the end of the trolls club Sad. I'm not cleaning that mess up......
~Darth Vader will crush the Wookies~
david_robertson
Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:28 am
I think Gandy should have said: 'You are blablabla. No matter what comes through this gate, EXCEPT THE TROLLS, you will stand your ground!"
And then BOOM, the trolls come in and sweep away the soldiers like Sauron did in the first movie. Then Gandalf looks at the mess and says:
" Oh, whatever... RETREAT TO THE SECOND LEVEL!!!" Twisted Evil

As to the Ref Sauron, I succeeded to play him for 10 tokens (with Ithil Stone, a few burdens and threats), but it was only once... He is indeed very hard to play Wink
freedo
Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:40 pm
i like the old sauron because when he's on the board, at least one companion is going to die. but the trick is getting him on the board.thats where the new one comes in Very Happy

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion