LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
tycho santack
Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:56 pm
So, i’ve been doing alot of looking at decks on the internet. It seems as though some decks use cards from different series and expansions ie. using f of tr cards in two towers games. Are all decipher cards interchangable and playable in any game you are playing? Are games seperated by the movies (ie. you can only play f of tr, m of m, and r of the e-l cards together and TT, b of hd, and e of f together) If you can play them all together i would think it could get confusing.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:28 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
There’s three main types of play: casual, block, and standard.

Casual play is unrestricted. You’re allowed to have any LOTR TCG cards in your deck. If they have the LOTR cardback, you can have them in your deck! Very Happy So here you can mix and match.

With block play, the deck is limited to cards from only one block (main set and two expansions). For example, in Fellowship block play, you could use cards from the Fellowship set, as well as from the two expansions (Realms of the Elf-Lords and Mines of Moria), but you couldn’t use any other cards. To make it easier, the blocks are grouped by set number. Sets 1-3 are Fellowship block. Sets 4-6 are Towers block. Sets 7-9 are King block. After that, it’s 10-13 for Shadows block, I think. Hunters block is going to be 14-17.

In Standard play, you’re allowed to mix and match between blocks, with a restriction. When Shadows was released, Decipher illegalized Fellowship block from standard play. With the release of each new block, an old block will rotate out of standard play. Tower block is the next to go. When the block after Hunters comes out, King block will rotate out.

In both Standard and Block play, you are also not allowed to have cards on the X-list, Decipher’s "banned cards" list.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:32 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
10 is mount doom and is in King block I don’t know about Reflections waht is Expanded format?

Cobra says: to keep threads easier to read, please use "quote" only when the situation requires it -- otherwise use "reply." Thanks!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Cobra
Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:43 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Casual play is unrestricted. You’re allowed to have any LOTR TCG cards in your deck. If they have the LOTR cardback, you can have them in your deck! Very Happy So here you can mix and match.

What CarpeGuitarrem describes as "casual" is officially referred to as "Open Format" -- apart from the basic rules governing LOTR TCG deck construction (60+ cards in a deck, limit of four copies of each card, etc.) everything is legal.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
What is Expanded format?

In Expanded Format, all sets are legal, but there are some cards that are restricted (limited to one per deck) or banned.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:35 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
I don’t know about Reflections waht is Expanded format?

it’s rotating out with the King’s block.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:09 pm
Yes, Refletions rotates out at the same time as King Block. However, it is not legal in King block play (or any block play, for that matter).
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:47 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Yes, Refletions rotates out at the same time as King Block. However, it is not legal in King block play (or any block play, for that matter).

They’re just pretty to look at, thats all.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:13 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Yes, Refletions rotates out at the same time as King Block.

ouch that will stink do you think they will reprint some of the cards?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:13 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
ouch that will stink do you think they will reprint some of the cards?

I doubt it.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:03 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Yeah...I thought there was some messy stuff to mix up the nice "3-set to a block" rule. Reflections-a cool set.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion