LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Which LOTR TCG tournament format is the best?

Standard  
21%
  [ 13 ]  21%

Expanded  
36%
  [ 22 ]  36%

Open  
33%
  [ 20 ]  33%

Block  
8%
  [ 5 ]  8%

Total Votes : 60
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:37 pm
CG: What exactly is this combo? Think
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sperzdechly
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:35 am
Uruks X-listed? Broken Isengard cards have been already X-listed (Saruman, Saruman’s Snows and The Palantir of Orthanc). I doubt if there is something else, which should join them.

But surely there should be added some Nagul card. Here is the combo (in Expanded):
You need fellowship with wounded companions. Lets say, that opponent’s fellowship has 5 companions and 3 of them are exhausted. You have 4x Gates of the Dead City in your support. You play Dark Fell About Him, heal exhausted companion and add a burden. Imediatelly he has to assign 4 exerts! Then next wound healed and next 4 exerts. You can easly count that there will be a situation, when companion healed by you will need to be exerted from Gates of the Dead City, so you could heal him endlessly (and add burden for each wound healed)...Game Over
Last edited by sperzdechly on Mon May 29, 2006 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
bibfortuna25
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:58 pm
Well, you can only use DFAH once per Nazgûl played, so it’s not as broken as you might think.
All cards do what they say.
sperzdechly
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:21 pm
bibfortuna25 -> Read again what I’ve written, because you probably didn’t get it. You use DFAH only once! You heal all the time the same companion, bacuse he or she is exerted each time you heal him or her. So you need only one DFAH, one Nazgul with 3 vitality and Gates of the Dead City in your support area (the more the better)
bibfortuna25
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:06 pm
Well, the FP chooses which companion exerts, so unless they’re dumb, they won’t choose the Ring-bearer.

Of course, your scenario would work if everyone in the fellowship was exhausted, but that’s a rare situation.
sperzdechly
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:42 pm
First of all - why ring-bearer? It doesnt’ matter which companion.
Secondly - assume that you see exhausted companion with 4 vitality (I think it is quite probable). It means 12 exerts afetr adding 3 burden for compleate healing. This can exhaust 4-6 copmanions, when you have some wounded companions even more...So eventually FPP player will have to exert companion helaed by SP.

So you don’t need to have all the fellowship exhausted. Please, use some imagination before you replay.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:51 pm
Sorry, I confused it with Dark Temptation.

Yes, this is a powerful combo, but in Expanded you also have to consider the massive amounts of condition removal available. Plus, getting an exhausted companion in a burdening deck isn’t as easy as you’d think, nor is getting a Nazgûl to survive till regroup. The FP can use archery, alternate wounding or simply win the skirmish(es) to make sure the Nazgûl can’t exert.

Trust me, it’s not as powerful as you think.
Gagnut
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:59 am
I see a card I like. I put it in my deck, I like open not as many X’s and R’s.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:00 pm
Gagnut wrote:
I see a card I like. I put it in my deck, I like open not as many X’s and R’s.

I agree. I also like Standard and Expanded.
I had to put something here.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
CG: What exactly is this combo? Think

Brutality and Suffered Much Loss. At the later sites, that’s a +7 or +8 strength boost for Uruk-hai minions! Not to mention a possible initiative boost. And all for 4? True, it’s not a broken card, but it seems overpowered here.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions