LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Which LOTR TCG tournament format is the best?

Standard  
21%
  [ 13 ]  21%

Expanded  
36%
  [ 22 ]  36%

Open  
33%
  [ 20 ]  33%

Block  
8%
  [ 5 ]  8%

Total Votes : 60
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:46 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Wow, that’s such a broken card...what would you guys think about a strategy article focusing on a broken Open combo? (Open play only Wink )
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
SnowBalrog
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:07 pm
Joined: 26 Sep 2005 Posts: 63 Location: St. Louis, Missouri
sickofpalantirs wrote:
I see. whoah that could be good

you would have to get down to 4 cars though
\

No problem.. Smeagol, Poor Creature. Drop whatever you don’t need to get to 4 and boom.
Marcus: Our Snow Balrog would be a lot more impressive if it didn't keep melting.
Jason: Maybe if we used a little less lighter fluid...?
bobtheorc
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:12 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Thanks Guys.
Who found that out?
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:19 pm
I’m guessing No Stranger To the Shadows got X-listed because you could have a gazillion rangers in play, right?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:35 pm
not just that, it can make any of the new site numbers have a twilight of 0 (with multiple copies) because it is non-unique, which is way too good Very Happy
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:43 pm
By the way, would negative site numbers reduce the amount of twilight from the pool? Here’s my reasoning: you add the site number, the region number, and the number of companions together and that’s your twilight. So, since adding a negative number is the same as subtracting, it would subtract, right?
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:52 pm
no, because the site number is a completely different source of twilight, you cannot lose twilight by having a negative source of twilight. the twilight number of a site can go to a minimum of zero.
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
bibfortuna25
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:09 am
Whenever a value goes below 0, it is set to 0.
All cards do what they say.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:39 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
PorterTroll wrote:
not just that, it can make any of the new site numbers have a twilight of 0 (with multiple copies) because it is non-unique, which is way too good Very Happy

same with bill the pony.

though eh si unique Think
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:06 am
SnowBalrog wrote:
No problem.. Smeagol, Poor Creature. Drop whatever you don’t need to get to 4 and boom.
There are a number of ways to lose initiative. Some of the more common ones inlcude:
Gandalf Manager of Wizards
Rohirrim Guard
Smeagol, Poor Creature
Don’t Look at them

The thing to remember is that if you have two Gandalf events in your discard pile you can go down to as few as 2 cards and still continually lose and gain initiative with Erland Dale Counselor. So you can have practically any number of cards in your hand and still get there easily particularly if you are playing with Gandalf, Manager of Wizards.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions