LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Treebeard13
Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:43 pm
We have them as followers but I’d love to see Palando and Alatar added as characters. Not terribly strong so as not to over-power the Gandalf culture - maybe just a bit stronger than Erland.

How about some of the Eagles as characters - Gwaihir, Landroval and Meneldor.

I don’t know what restrictions Decipher has as far as characters. The two Blue Wizards are only mentioned by name in the ’Lost Tales’ but were also in the old Middle Earth game.

There are quite a few Elves already but Hurin and Turin are mentioned in the LOTR books. Perhaps them.

How about a dragon! Maybe not Smaug - we’ll wait until ’The Hobbit’ but Ancalagon the Black is mentioned. That might add some excitement into the game. Like Sauron, you might not get him into a game but once but it sure is fun when does - well maybe not for some of your opponents.

We should be getting Barrow-wights pretty soon - they showed them to the dAgents last summer. What other possible minnions?

Any other book characters? I know there are lots in The Silmarillion but I’m guessing that if they are not mentioned in the trilogy they might not have rights to them. Although maybe if they were also in the Middle Earth game they can.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:50 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Ooo i would like Eagles how about sam’s other child, Cant think of any others right now
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:39 am
I think it’d be cool to see all of Sam’s kids as followers. Cool
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:00 am
Bleh. I dislike the concept of followers in general. They are almost what allies should have been, but allies had some down sides (pretty easy to kill/discard). The costs on most of the followers available today are laughable for the benefit received. Granted it is better than the "pay once, use always" costing of the allies, but still.

On topic now... I would like to see the eagles and perhaps some of the other hobbits like Fatty Lumpkin. It will be difficult to create the eagles with the right power level for the books and not have them be overpowered in the game.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
Treebeard13
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:49 pm
Sam had 13 children so that would be a lot of followers.

Fatty Lumpkin was Tom Bombadil’s Pony. But I do agree with you that there certainly are lots of additional Hobbits that could be brought into the story. How about some Hobbit Bows - there are several Hobbit archers in the Scouring of the Shire.
donimator
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:02 pm
A Tom Bombadil keyed to certain sites and Old Man Willow - a minion. Set him loose against the ents!
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting beside you saying, "Man, we screwed up!"
fingolfin
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:11 pm
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
Some elves and men from the first age, like
Fingolfin, Challanger of Morgoth,

Strenght 9
vitality 4
resistence 8
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
Gagnut
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:20 pm
I would like to see some more of the Dunadain that were with Aragorn.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
ingold55
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:46 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
i think it would be cool for them to make the Valar.
then mabey a spider race.
and definatly the eagles.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:57 pm
Treebeard13 wrote:
Fatty Lumpkin was Tom Bombadil’s Pony.
D’oh. That is what I get for not paying closer attention when reading the books. It also couldn’t have anything to do with the fact that it has been at least 3 years since I read them Laughing

Hobbit archers could be interesting. They would have to have some significant cultural enforcement so they couldn’t be splashed elsewhere. Perhaps conditional archery like the newere Rumil, Brother of Haldir and Orophin, Brother of Haldir.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion