LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Hazael
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:59 pm
Format: Extended [shire][gandalf][gollum][gondor]

Do not be fooled by the starting fellowship. This deck is designed around the game texts of Aragorn, King In Exile and One good turn deserves another. The sites are played around the game texts of Habits of Home and safe passage. This deck is a more effective choke deck than even a solo smeagol once it gets to site 3.

Dammed Gate-stream is played as soon as possible, so I can get my hands on one good turn deserves another.

Habits of Home is nice to get out while Sam is still alive. I can exert Sam and Frodo to get it out for free, and because I have one good turn deserves another out, it takes out [1] each move from a dwelling or forest site. (If I had any twilight before the movement phase)

If I can get a Saved From the Fire by site 3… Sam uses his ability to remove 3 burdens, and then, Gandalf kills Sam to get Bill the Pony, Mithril-Coat, Sting, and maybe the Phial if I have one of the other 3 already. If my Trollshaw Forest site is out when I am doing this... I get to draw cards like a mad man!

Getting the Bill the Pony out will make each site [-1], and because I have control of the sites, it should not be discarded so easily. come away will do the same thing, but I have to wound a companion each time I move. Thats when I use Aragorn’s ability to heal Frodo each turn. Now that I have control the the sites, Habits of Home and safe passage use the strategically placed sites to their fullest advantage.

After that, I just use Gandalf as a wound taker. Eventually he dies and joins my Sam in the dead pile. From there on, I just choke them with Aragorn, Smeagol, and Frodo. Bill the Pony, come away, and No Stranger to the Shadows remove [3] from each shadow site. Habits of Home and safe passage removes any extra twilight, and I play [0] twilight cost sites to really smother the twilight total.

Now, this is when the Phial and Smeagol help out a lot. Any extra habits of home or saved from the fires that come out can be discarded to draw a card with my muster or make Smeagol strength +1.

I move twice each turn almost every time. Gondor’s Vengeance, We must go warily, Safe Passage, and Seeing Stone of Orthanc are used to double move.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(36)
Starting Fellowship:
1 •the one ring, such a weight to carry
1 •frodo, reluctant adventurer
1 •Sam, Son of Hamfast
1 •gandalf, leader of men
1 •smeagol, poor creature

Companions(5):
1 •aragorn, king in exile

Possessions(12):
1 •mithril coat
1 •sting, bane of the eight legs
1 •bill the pony
1 •Phial of Galadriel, The Light of Earendil
1 gondorian blade
1 great shield
1 armor
2 athelas
3 Saved from the fire

Conditions(13):
1 •the tale of the great ring
3 habits of home
1 no stranger to the shadows
1 •seeing stone of orthanc
1 •Faith in Friendship
1 •safe passage
3 there’s another way
2 come away

Events(7):
3 we must go warily
3 gondor’s vengeance
1 one good turn deserves another

[3]Swamp....Dammed Gate-stream
    [3]Dwelling....The Prancing Pony
    [0]Forest....East Road
    [2]Dwelling....Hobbiton Market
    [1]Forest/Battleground....Hill of Sight
    [2]Marsh....Mere of Dead Faces
    [3]Forest....Crossroads of the Fallen Kings
    [0]Forest....The Angle
    [2]Forest....Caras Galadhon
Last edited by Hazael on Mon May 01, 2006 1:24 am; edited 42 times in totalSome of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:00 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
That’s a really cool idea. I like your use of cycled-out cards. A Cobra-er after my own heart! Applause LONG LIVE THE X-LIST DECK!!

Very Happy It’s a very cool strategy idea.
Hazael
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:11 pm
...and yes, it’s sad. Denethor and Sam are destined to suicide themselves. Crying or Very sad

ok, i fixed it up alil bit. Denethor is gone Sad
Now pippin and farmer maggot are suicidal lol.
Last edited by Hazael on Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:07 am; edited 3 times in totalSome of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:58 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
("X-list deck" is just my terminology for anything that can’t be played at Standard...mostly because I love being a rebel player! Very Happy )
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:26 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Umm doesn’t denethor say tp play spot 2 Gondor men?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
donimator
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:59 am
Um...what sickofpalantirs said and...

The concept works with a bit of tweaking. I see some problems against Dunland and their possession removal. Raider Corsairs might be too twilight dependent to set up. They are relatively low cost and with no direct wounding will hang around until regroup. A small swarm deck with some hand extension might also cause some trouble. But with some tweaking, it has potential as a choke deck.
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting beside you saying, "Man, we screwed up!"
Hazael
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:00 am
lol your right I cant believe I didnt see that.

does anybody know of any cards that can draw any cards from the draw deck? or just gondor cards?

preferably gondor conditions. Not fortifications
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:08 pm
Hazael wrote:
does anybody know of any cards that can draw any cards from the draw deck? or just gondor cards?

You could use Saved From the Fire, but then you’d need Gandalf in your deck. Smile
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Hazael
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:46 pm
OHHH yeah! and i have a friend that isnt using his Gandalf, Leader of men

I’m going to turn this into a fantasy fellowship for when I have money for those saved by the fires lol.

I’m going to use Sam as the discarded companion. So I can get the Phial, Sting, and Thror’s Map, and mabye The Tale of the Great Ring if I have one of these four cards already.
Last edited by Hazael on Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:51 am; edited 1 time in totalSome of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
ingold55
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:58 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
why no gandalf possessions or artifacts?
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded