LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)
shark
Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:07 pm
This deck is all about playin the ez and quick cards for ultimate destruction of your opponent/s. Speed is the main point in this deck. You may look at this article and say "this guy is a homo, he doesn’t know what he is talking about. My highs are your lows...I’m sorry i don’t even know what i am talking about so aaa just look at the deck and you will be suprised by the spedd and awsomeness. Just give it a try you know you want to. Heres the deck..:Give me tips or ideas for cards please

Land:
24 Forest
Creatures:
4 wellwisher
2 Elvish Soultiller
1 Stonewood Invoker
1 Tribal Forcemage
2 Elven Riders
3 Defiant Elf
2 Voice of the Woods
3 Timberwatch Elf
1 Elvish Scrapper
1 Elvish Warrior
2 Wirewood Hivemaster
1 Wirewood Channeler
1 Stream of Life
1 Elvish Pioneer
2 Heedless One
1 Wirewood Herald
1 Everglove Courier
4 Brass Herald
1 Gempalm Strider
1 Bloodline Shaman
1 Elvish Pathcutter
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:44 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
The deck is too "one of a kind", there’s no use in using one copy of a lot of cards, it’s best to use a lot of copies of one card. Also, you don’t need that much mana, since most creatures are cheap to play. I think Llanowar Elves are missing, and so is Priest of Titania (I mean, it IS a non-standard deck anyway, isn’t it?).
And what exactly do you plan on doing on the event that someone uses Pyroclasm, Savage Twister or even Wildfire, or maybe Ryusei, the Falling Star, against your deck?
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:05 pm
Yah, one-of a kinds aren’t good for consistancy.

Try something more like the deck I’m going to post shortly in the article section. Should be up in a day or three- something about Elfball in the title.

What’s the only thing better than lots of elves? Elves with (fire)balls! Wink
Ilvaldi
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:39 pm
Um... why is this here? Shouldn’t it be like in an article contest?
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:41 pm
no, it shouldn’t. This is simply a decklist with a breif explanation, not an analyzed deck crafted with strategic guiding.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that at all. This is the intended purpose of the deck clinic forum.
Ilvaldi
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:02 am
Then what’s up with the whole "rate this article" thing?
The First
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:14 am
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
The idea of an article is to write something interesting. It doesn’t even have to be a description of a deck. I admit that the line between deck clinic and article contest is blurring in the Magic forums. Take a look at the LotR community. There are really nice and long articles about cultures, characters and the like that can teach both new and older players quite a few things. I’m kinda missing that here at the Magic community. If you see that Felipe’s Regionals topic gets 3 stars... it would be killed at the LotR forum (probably getting 1 star and lots of replies of: doesn’t belong here, too short ... and the like).
Great minds bleed alike.
Do not copy media. Support creativity.
Cobra
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:09 am
This thread was originally posted to the Strategy Article Contest forum, which is why the article poll is up there. It was moved into the Deck Clinic because it’s really just a deck.

Decks can make very good articles, but only if you put in enough time to develop a really solid list, honest evaluation of matchups, maybe some reports from tournament games, and so on.

And as The First said, we should also get some totally different types of articles going in the Magic: the Gathering Contest! Mr. Green

Back to this topic... Shark, try posting a new list using only 4-ofs. (That is, you’ll either have 4 copies of a card, or no copies at all.) That will force you to really focus on the best cards for the deck, and will also tell us more about what you’re trying to do, so we can offer more advice. Cool
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:01 pm
4-ofs are a good idea... but keep in mind it’s more of a developmental thing. 1-of’s are never played, but 3-ofs are by no means uncommon on the Pro Tour. The point of 4-offing is adding focus to the deck, which this deck could use a bit more of.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)