LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

37%
  [ 3 ]  37%

62%
  [ 5 ]  62%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 8
ingold55
Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:41 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
i like the article. i was liking it, and wished you had made it longer.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
donimator
Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:03 pm
Defender +1 is a great keyword I like to use with Gondor and Rohan strategies. You covered much of the basics and showed some interesting ways it could be incorporated. Good job.
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting beside you saying, "Man, we screwed up!"
sperzdechly
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:38 am
Article was quite good and enjoying, but deck you suggested is poor. Why do you want to use Frodo? Much better solution is Isildur. Why? 1. He can use most of the cards from your deck (especially pumps) 2. He makes much easier to play Garrison (with Frodo it’s really hard) 3. He gives +1 strength bonus to Garrison. Deck is to big, and you can easly be clogged (need more cycling).
I don’t know what to say more obout this article. It seems to be OK, but I don’t feel it is OK while I’m reading it. I cannot give you more than 3.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:57 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I’m trying to show how the d+1 keyword can be used-it’s a theme deck, just as a "Men in Black" deck isn’t necessarily the best deck to use.

The reason I used Frodo was because he can remove threats, which are essential for Anduril to make Aragorn d+1. In a game deck, I wouldn’t do that. But for a concept deck, I would. Furthermore, an ARB would totally shift the focus of the deck to burden removal and skirmish winning, not d+1. Finally, the purpose of a d+1 deck is to guard the RB, so he doesn’t need to be a powerhouse.
sperzdechly
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:07 pm
1. I understand that this is a concept deck, but still its cards should be optimaly chosen and work together. Not just throw into every d+1 card which you know - it should be working somehow.
2. Now I know the reason for Frodo - why didn’t you write about it in article? And I’m still for Isildur, many cards from this deck give d+1, you don’t have to do Aragorn defender +3 or +4. He won’t be able to deal with 4 minions anyway, and there are quite big chances that your opponent won’t add threats. Isildur helps a lot with plaing Garrison of Gondor and is a safer option, IMHO better option. In fact, he won’t be changing a focus for a bit.
3. Questions about deckbuilding:
a) why Blade of Gondor, Sword of Boromir instead of Blade of Gondor?
b) what do you need Second Level for?
c) why garrison of osgiliath instead of Noble Leaders?
d) why Kingsfoil instead fo Athelas?
e) what do you need Gondor Still Stands for?
f) Armor of the Citadel is useless without path control, better use Armor
g) why so many cards in the deck?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:43 pm
This is a keyword-focus article...I probably shouldn’t even have made an example deck. Basically, it’s to show how the d+1 keyword works, and can be adapted. It’s not really an article about a deck. It’s an article about d+1. The deck is an afterthought.

a. Two things I can think of. First, I might have gotten them mixed up when writing the article. Second, maybe I missed the ability on Blade of Gondor, and just went for the Standard-legal version. Of course, that didn’t really matter, because many of my other cards (esp. Coat of Mail) are also non-Standard-legal. Thanks for pointing that one out.
b. It’s to give Garrison d+1, since this is a d+1 deck.
c. For the same reason.
d. I didn’t see an advantage to either one, so I went for the recent card.
e. To let me replay the fortifications if they’re discarded, and also to chop down the enemy if I want to double-move.
f. Yeah...I’ve got enough d+1 cards already. I’ll go for that.
g. I agree 36 cards (I forgot to change that) is a lot. I’ll cut it down a bit.
Cobra
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:18 pm
Pretty good article overall. Decklist isn’t much, as other have mentioned.

I think the real power of defender +1 is in the ability itself -- it’s all about versatility. I could let Frodo fight that last minion... or I could assign it to Garrison of Gondor... or I could triple-exert Aragorn, Ranger of the North and sacrifice him so the rest of the fellowship doesn’t get hurt at all... In other words, defender +1 is already fantastic on its own, and all those little add-ons to help companions survive their D+1 skirmishes and heal up afterwards aren’t that efficient compared to other cards you could be playing.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:52 am
Yeah...I think this article qualifies as a "sophomore slump" article, especially considering that I struck gold with Mauhúr and Aragorn.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:19 pm
donimator wrote:
Defender +1 is a great keyword I like to use with Gondor and Rohan strategies. You covered much of the basics and showed some interesting ways it could be incorporated. Good job.

I agree with dominator. You really showed some great strategies with defender +1 Gondor and Rohan. I give it a 4.
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:07 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
youre a little late since ti si June i wonder when new articles will start coming in?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest