LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
16%
  [ 2 ]  16%

41%
  [ 5 ]  41%

33%
  [ 4 ]  33%

8%
  [ 1 ]  8%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 12
BearerOfWisdom
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:38 pm
I will be the first to STRONGLY disagree with everyone saying that the Isengard men are weak. Stand alone, yes of course they are but when combined with say.. Nazgul they can be a big surprise!!! I used a combination Nazgul/Isengard men and won rather consistantly with it. Making the Nazgul Damage +1 and the pump to make a unbound companion strength -2 are nasty. Grima and the Agents weren’t a big part of my deck but the others were. Saruman is a must of course, and the bigger the nazgul the meaner this deck can be.
Good job on the article, although I get bored of deck lists I found the narrative insightful. Maybe next time you go to a tournament you can spring this nasty surprise on someone.. Applause
I tend to use Gandalf alot. There isn't any other character in the game as useful or powerful. I also focus on decks that work together free people and minion.
sperzdechly
Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:54 pm
Heh! That’s the kind of article I was looking for. Funny, interesting and completely covering the topic. Many decks, many solutions, many ideas.
I don’t care that MiB are weak and it’s hard to win a tournament plaing them! The article is great!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:16 pm
Fairly solid article, but it was dull at points and the deck lists were somewhat weak. I give it a 3.
I had to put something here.
Cobra
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:44 pm
I like how you tried to show the MiB’s versatility by using them in different decktypes, but I’m not quite sure you pulled it off. If someone showed me those decks and asked for advice, I’d probably suggest removing most of the Isengard Men package. Laughing

In the end I agree with Anonymous Prodigy -- there’s some good, fun stuff here, but nothing very strong. 3 from me.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:29 pm
I love the MiB too! But mine always have a problem when playing against a deck with no men in it. And i noticed you didn’t use leechcraft? Why was that. Overall, though, i liked it and will try some of the stuff in my own deck
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:44 am
i dont get why rohirrim traitor is in there, hes too weak to do any damage and you said his mission is to weaken?
im not trashin your article, im just curious

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest