LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Gollum threats and Sappling  (Read 4068 times)

November 18, 2008, 05:02:27 PM
Read 4068 times

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Gollum threats and Sappling
« on: November 18, 2008, 05:02:27 PM »
2 questions.

If I have the One Ring, RoR on, can I use Sappling of the White Tree to prevent a wound?

If Gollum, Threatening Guide wins a skirmish and I have 4 companions and already 4 threats, and by winning the skirmish it kills my companion, do I assign the threat wounds and then add a threat, or I don't add the threat because I already had the maximum number and then I assign the threat wounds?

November 18, 2008, 05:13:49 PM
Reply #1

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
Re: Gollum threats and Sappling
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 05:13:49 PM »
I don't think you can prevent the wound with Sapling since it is no longer a wound but a burden with the ring on. Sapling prevents a wound from being placed not a burden :up:.

Gollums skirmish winning ability is optional and the threats for the win are mandatory. Mandatory action alway occur before optional actions. With that said, the threats are removed for wounds and then you the owner of gollum decides whether or not to add the new threat :up:.
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?

November 18, 2008, 05:17:11 PM
Reply #2

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 05:17:11 PM »
  You probably already know what i think about this, but i think we have done the right way...

First one: We agree that you could prevent it but i think you can´t cause the ring response is mandatory and the sapling is optional. mandatory actions take place before, so when you put the ring on you can´t prevent the wound with sapling.

The second one: Threats respond to a companion dying and are mandatory, Gollum hability have the word "may" so it´s classified as a optional. Same thing here, threats first then the shadow chooses to add a threat (and that´s why Gollum, TG is so nice, especially when fierce  :hey:

November 18, 2008, 05:22:41 PM
Reply #3

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 05:22:41 PM »
There was a full-blown discussion about the second, here. I'd play it as adding the threat afterward, too.