LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Day of the Orc  (Read 5403 times)

September 24, 2014, 05:10:49 PM
Read 5403 times

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
Day of the Orc
« on: September 24, 2014, 05:10:49 PM »
Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I posted a new deck on here, so I thought I'd share a relatively new one I've had a lot of fun playing.  A lot of people say that Morcs are the strongest shadow in Movie, but they only use 3 Morgul Orcs- Morgul Brute, Morgul Destroyer and Morgul Whelp.  Occasionally you'll see a Morgul Vanguard, but not often.  Anyway, I thought I would build a deck around the most devastating card (in my opinion) in the Revised Sealed Leagues.  That is the Morgul Ambusher.  At Dagorlad he's a decent 2 wounds for 3 twilight, so double the effectiveness of a Moria Archer Troop or Goblin Marksman.

The trouble is he only works at site 9 (and 5 if you play City Gates).  Even Morgul Destroyers cannot Guarantee 3 threats, so I decided to go with his cousin, the Morgul Lurker.  Most Fellowships don't give you initiative for free, but Streaming to the Field can help you there.  On top of that, Black Marshal will make all your Minions effectively twilight cost -2 if you have initiative, which certainly has the potential to get crazy.  However, that costs the not insignificant cost of an exertion of a Nazgul, most of whom have high twilight to vitality ratios.  But not Ulaire Toldea, Wraith on Wings if you have initiative.  I've always wanted to use him, too.  If twilight's a plenty, then play loads of minions and drop a Gothmog, Morgul Commander.  He makes Morgul Whelps look like a strength 9 Goblin Runner with archer!

Getting the killer hand is hard, so I've paired it with Stacking Dwarves.  They'll survive, and happily run against several shadows.  If they don't, discard your deck on your last FP turn and play RBBN to set up your last ditch shadow hand.  Here's the decklist:

Ring-bearer: Frodo, Resolute Hobbit
Ring: The One Ring, Answer To All Riddles

Adventure deck:
Dunharrow Plateau
King's Tent
Hall of the Kings
Pelennor Plain
Pelennor Flat
Minas Tirith First Circle
Ruined Capitol
Morgulduin
Dagorlad

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
3x Durin III, Dwarven Lord
1x Gimli, Feared Axeman
2x Linnar, Dwarven Lord
1x Sindri, Dwarven Lord
1x Sam, Son of Hamfast
1x Axe of Erebor
2x Dwarven Axe
3x Dwarven Bracers
1x Gimli's Armor
2x Hand Axe
1x Sting, Bane of the Eight Legs
1x Ring of Accretion
1x Ring of Fury
1x Ring of Guile
4x Battle Tested
2x Blood Runs Chill
3x Rest by Blind Night
2x Slaked Thirsts
2x Dwarven Heart
1x Ever My Heart Rises
1x From the Armory
3x Preparations
1x Realm of Dwarrowdelf
1x The Tale of the Great Ring

Shadow Draw Deck:
2x Gothmog, Morgul Commander
3x Morgul Ambusher
4x Morgul Brute
2x Morgul Destroyer
4x Morgul Lurker
4x Morgul Whelp
3x Ulaire Attea, Wraith on Wings
2x Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul
3x Ulaire Lemenya, Assailing Minion
3x Ulaire Toldea, Wraith on Wings
1x Ithil Stone
2x Black Marshal
2x Flung Into the Fray
1x Out of Sight and Shot
1x Stooping to the Kill
3x Streaming to the Field
1x Swarming Like Beetles

It's a bit of a work in progress.  Especially the dwarves, but this deck is great fun to play.  Have a replay of a very fun game (how often do you say that when playing Ninja Gollum?):

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Legion$71r3r73ssp0835dv
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:11:15 AM by Legion »

September 26, 2014, 03:48:48 AM
Reply #1

Eukalyptus

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Day of the Orc
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 03:48:48 AM »
Awesome game!

September 29, 2014, 09:11:11 PM
Reply #2

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 09:11:11 PM »
I haven't too much experience with the Wraith culture at Movie Block, but Enduring Nazzies shouldn't have too much problems with exertions. You could even use those exertions to build burdens with Enquea, ToTO; that way Morgul Brute will likey add wounds instead of burdens, and that paves the path for Morgul Destroyer. Enquea should be fully healed if the fellowhip doubles and Flung Into the Fray is used to preserve another guy, so you can play a minion and add [1] or [2] three times again for free...

The Ring Draws Them can be helpful if you choose that path...
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

September 30, 2014, 11:33:13 PM
Reply #3

Eukalyptus

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 11:33:13 PM »
Black Marshal and FITF don't work together.

October 01, 2014, 11:00:59 AM
Reply #4

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 11:00:59 AM »
Good old ToTO!  I had considered him, and I initially discounted him thanks to LoM.  However, I think you are right, as with Black Marshall he probably is better than Attea.  I'll go for 1 of him and drop an Attea.  The Ring Draws Them is not really up my street as I often won't play a Nazgul-just a few Morgul Lurkers.

Awesome game!

Thanks!  It was good fun-19 archery is a new record for me :)