The Last Homely House
Middle-Earth => Lothlórien => Expanded => Topic started by: wrigh516 on September 30, 2026, 07:35:42 PM
-
As the physical cards are getting harder to find these days, I gathered a large physical collection of common and nostalgic decks to play with family and friends as a pre-built game. I'm posting these decks as a reference and for feedback.
The decks are split into free peoples and shadow sides, all interchangeable at 35 (36 as I added more cycling and discard decks) cards each. There are some obvious drawbacks to doing it this way, but it is 100% worth it to allow mixing/matching. It allows enough combinations to keep each game unique and interesting. The idea is to have thematic and fun strategies while maintaining a balance. These are built with physical cards, so any in the $150+ range are not always going to make it in due to the costs and to maintain balance among the decks. I follow the Expanded format and rules before errata, but some decks might also fit into other formats. This is one of those decks:
[Wraith] Wraith Forestguls - Shadow (Expanded)
Typical Forestguls deck with the basic forest Nazguls to keep it under control and fun.
Minions:
The Witch-King, Captain of the Nine Riders x3
Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders x4
Ulaire Cantea, Fourth of the Nine Riders x3
Ulaire Nertea, Ninth of the Nine Riders x3
Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow x3
Ulaire Attea, Keeper of Dol Guldur x3
Ulaire Lemenya, Lieutenant of Morgul x3
Black Rider x4
Events:
Dark Approach x4
Conditions:
Lost in the Woods x4
Out of Sight and Shot
Wreathed in Shadow
Strategy:
Put a bunch of forests in your site path. If you are behind on the site map, place down Crags of Emyn Muil, Doorway to Doom, or Sirannon Ruins; then use Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders to place a forest.
I'm still balancing this one out. I tried replacing the one-off conditions a couple of Minas Morgul Answers, because they are an incredible option for Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow. I'm not sure if that is better yet.
I also tried The Witch-King, Lord of Angmar, which can be nasty if you have the twilight to support it all. It seems like Captain of the Nine Riders is better overall.
I would love to hear any feedback/suggestions.