The Last Homely House

Middle-Earth => Lothlórien => Expanded => Topic started by: wrigh516 on September 30, 2026, 07:49:48 PM

Title: Wraith Twilight - Shadow (Expanded)
Post by: wrigh516 on September 30, 2026, 07:49:48 PM
As the physical cards are getting harder to find these days, I gathered a large physical collection of common and nostalgic decks to play with family and friends as a pre-built game.  I'm posting these decks as a reference and for feedback.
The decks are split into free peoples and shadow sides, all interchangeable at 35 (36 as I added more cycling and discard decks) cards each.  There are some obvious drawbacks to doing it this way, but it is 100% worth it to allow mixing/matching.  It allows enough combinations to keep each game unique and interesting.  The idea is to have thematic and fun strategies while maintaining a balance.  These are built with physical cards, so any in the $150+ range are not always going to make it in due to the costs and to maintain balance among the decks.  I follow the Expanded format and rules before errata, but some decks might also fit into other formats.  This is one of those decks:

[Wraith] Wraith Twilight - Shadow (Expanded)
Typical Twilight corruption deck with the Black Assassin cleanup.

Minions:
The Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgul x4
Ulaire Enquea, Ringwraith in Twilight x4
Ulaire Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight x4
Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin x2
Morgul Brute x4

Possessions:
Nazgul Sword x4

Events:
Resistance Becomes Unbearable x4
Wraith-World x3

Conditions:
Drawn to Its Power x4
His Terrible Servants x2
Out of Sight and Shot


Strategy:
Use Resistance Becomes Unbearable and winning skirmishes to get wounds on the ring-bearer.
Use Morgul Brute, Wraith-World, and winning skirmishes to pile up some burdens.
Then hit them with either Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin or Morgul Brute to kill companions and corrupt with Drawn to Its Power.


I would love to hear any feedback/suggestions.