LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Rangers / Corruption Nazguls  (Read 4079 times)

July 30, 2018, 03:05:11 PM
Read 4079 times

Colonel Axolotl

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Rangers / Corruption Nazguls
« on: July 30, 2018, 03:05:11 PM »
Adventure Path
The Prancing Pony
Bree Streets
Ford of Bruinen
Eregion Hills
The Bridge of Khazad-Dum
Caras Galadhon
Silverlode Banks
Pillars of the Kings
Summit of Amon Hen

Ring-Bearer
Frodo, Reluctant adventurer
The One Ring, Isildur's Bane

Freeps (35 cards)
1x Legolas, Greenleaf (starting)
1x Arwen, Daughter of Elrond (Starting)
2x Aragorn, King in Exile
2x Faramir, Captain of Gondor
1x Boromir, Lord of Gondor
1x Sam, Son of Hamfast

1x Elrond, Herald to Gil-Galad

1x Ranger's Sword
1x Hobbit sword
1x Gwemegil
1x Sword of Gondor
1x Aragorn's Bow
1x Athelas
1x Faramir's Bow
1x Elven Bow

1x No Mere Ranger
3x Swordsman of the Northern Kingdom
2x A Ranger's Versatility
4x What Are They
1x Pathfinder
1x Gondor Bowmen
3x Second Level

Shadow (35 cards)

4x The Witch-king, Lord of the Nazgul
3x Ulaire Attea, The Easterling
2x Ulaire Enquea, Ringwraith in Twilight
1x Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul
2x Ulaire Otsea, Ringwraith in Twilight
4x Ulaire Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight
1x Ulaire Nertea, Messenger of Dol Guldur

2x It Wants to be Found
2x Wraith-World
2x In the Ringwraith's Wake
2x Morgul Gates
2x Return to Its Master
3x Resistance Becomes Unbearable
1x Their Power Is in Terror

1x Gates of the Dead City
1x His Terrible Servants
2x Blade Tip

So this is my first deck I post here! I've been using this very helpful forum to help be build real-life decks. I've been collecting cards for the past year and a half. I've been playing with friends and I've quite enjoyed it! I'm only play the game with real, physical cards, and sometimes I need to get creative to build balanced decks (for example I only a 3 copies on Servant of the Secret Fire, so once they're in a deck, to bad for the other ones  Sad )

As I said, this deck, along with all the others I'll post here, are directly inspired by posts I found here. The Freeps are a ''All-Star Rangers Team'' feat. Legolas and Sam. The strategy is to keep minions roaming until all my bows, swords and Gondor Bowmen are out. The combo Second level - What are They is neat and clean to get rid of minions.

Is No Mere Ranger a useful card? I rarely see it in any decks, but it seems o good pump, especially if Frodo is in trouble. I only have one copy of Gondor Bowmen. Is there any cards I should include/replace?

For Shadow, it's your very familiar Twilight Nazgul. I've put all copies I have in. Ulaire Nertea, MoDG is there to help me them bring back if necessary. Since I only have 2 copies of It Wants to be Found, the goal is to get the Ring-Bearer to wear the Ring. If he does (with Resistance becomes Unbearable), he'll be hit with Wraith-World and/or Return to Its Master. If the game is not over by then, Ulaire Enquea, LoM should seal the deal

Tell me what do you think! I'll try to make the modifications you suggest, if possible. Thanks a lot!

August 03, 2018, 05:10:09 PM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Rangers / Corruption Nazguls
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 05:10:09 PM »
So, you've posted in Towers Standard, but Second Level is from set 7 and your site path is from Fellowship block. Of course whatever you do with your play group is fine...but the deck itself would be ineligible for the format.

No Mere Ranger is a tough card, because your opponent is going to know to target Aragorn. He's one of the big guns...he's strong, he heals your other guys. If the opponent is using direct wounding, Aragorn might not have the vitality to use No Mere Ranger. It almost feels like Dagger Strike would be more helpful if you want something that applies to both Frodo and your Gondor folks.

Keep in mind that A Ranger's Versatility was errata'd, so it is nowhere near as powerful. With all your exertions, you might consider Might of Numenor.

Just a few thoughts on your free peoples.
-wtk

August 06, 2018, 02:35:31 PM
Reply #2

Colonel Axolotl

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Re: Rangers / Corruption Nazguls
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 02:35:31 PM »
Indeed, Second Level is not TS standard... Well, it doesn't bother me, but I'll be more careful in the future ;)

Thanks for the advice on No Mere Ranger. I think I'll replace it with a copy of Dagger Strike. I was wondering if Pathfinder was useful, or if I should replace it with another copy of Swordsman of the Northern Kingdom ?