LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: King Standard: Ringbound Rangers/Besiegers  (Read 2733 times)

October 28, 2018, 08:53:51 AM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: King Standard: Ringbound Rangers/Besiegers
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 08:53:51 AM »
Man the Walls seems significantly worse than Ancient Roads. Sure, you don't need to spot the rangers, but with Gondorian Ranger and your group of merry men, do you really need Man the Walls?

It is funny that you posted this deck. I was tempted to post my ring-bound rangers/besiegers deck to this very forum, but I am still play-testing it (It is currently 10-6). I like your idea of Faramir, Son of Denethor starting with Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver as Faramir, Captain of Gondor has limited functionality in the deck that I built. I'll reply here when I get up to 20 games with it, but right now I think we have very different ideas on how to run them.

I will note that what makes Ring-Bound Rangers viable in Towers Block--large fellowships that can knock anything out with the combination of Ranger's Bow and guile struggle in the Towers Standard/King Standard format where large fellowships are punished. I think you need at least one copy of Ithilien Trap in here. And Hearts Raised alone won't be enough for the threats that can be created in King Standard.

Forgive my asking, but what is the point of Stronghold of Cirith Ungol? I don't see what that adds--I find that once Gorgoroth Pillager is stacked on a site, folks are usually pretty wary of the double-move anyways. I do like the idea of using Some Secret Art of Flame to play Troop Tower in the regroup phase to take an extra site. That's quite clever.
-wtk