LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Game Results  (Read 72898 times)

November 05, 2008, 06:43:37 PM
Read 72898 times

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Let the armies of Mordor know this....
Game Results
« on: November 05, 2008, 06:43:37 PM »
 This topic is for REAL LIFE game results. Could a mod sticky this please.
"Never Again, will the land of my people, fall into enemy hands! For Gondor! For Gondor! For Gondor!

https://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=426.120

November 06, 2008, 11:51:36 AM
Reply #1

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
Re: Game Results
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 11:51:36 AM »
Yeah, that'd be nice. Not all games are played on SdA, you know. :up:

November 06, 2008, 12:46:04 PM
Reply #2

Ulmo

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 12:46:04 PM »
Ok here's the first result: A win for CCCORNIV.

Fellowship block - his Aragorn and Boromir beat my "beat-down" Uruk minions with amazing ease. I had almost no fellowship come out and at site 5 the Balrog showed his fiery face and killed my Dwarf Guard and Gimli, leaving just Frodo and an exhausted Legolas.  Leggy dies at site 6 and still no other companions came to play, so at site 7 little Frodo with no sword faced 2 Orcs and died a horrible death.  Not a good game for me, deck did not flow at all.
CCC on the other hand played 3 Bounder at site 3 and Dwarven Smith, had all his conditions out early, armored up and all possessions before facing the Balrog.  He exerted Boromir to bring up a Bounder to fight, exerted that Bounder to make Frodo not be overwhelmed unless tripled and put the Balrog to fight Frodo, Bounder taking the fierce fight and dying.
Not the best game we've played, but always fun, even though you know you're marching to your doom.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world.  Those who know binary and those who don't.
You don't have a backpack. What you have there is an invisible leather TARDIS.

November 06, 2008, 06:16:49 PM
Reply #3

CCCORNIV

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 06:16:49 PM »
  I played my non-choke Boromir/Aragorn deck with help from plenty of allies, The Shards of Narsil, Still Sharp and many other skirmish events.  The Shadow side was my "Exert to Hurt"  Isenguard Orcs. combined with Tower of Orthanc for extra twilight and some other nastiness that didn't come into play.   

I kept expecting more companions to come out for you, but when you moved from site 4 to site 5 without playing any I knew you were in trouble.  Thanks to the Tower of Orthanc and your exhausted Dwarf Guard I had a few extra tokens to play with. I wasn't going to play the Balrog, but after you made me discard my Orc Commander I didn't have a choice.  I wanted to play my Orc Commander and a couple of Isengard Servant s so I could place at least 7 wounds (would have been 8, but I would have taken 1 archery wound from Legolas)  in the regroup phase, not counting any skirmishes I would have won.  Then I was going to discard all 3 with The Trees Are Strong to make you place 3 more wounds.   It would have been cool (for me) to pull that one off, but you thwarted that plan. 

It was just one of those horrible non-flowing days for Ulmo and I was able to get my Fellowship set up quickly.  Lately our games have gone back and forth so tomorrow I'll probably have the bad luck.

November 08, 2008, 06:34:11 PM
Reply #4

Ulmo

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 06:34:11 PM »
Winner: CCCORNIV
Format: Fellowship

My Dwarf tank discard/Uruk Mordor discard
His Aragorn-Boromir-Legolas-Arwen/Twilight Nazgul

My tank deck did just that - tanked.  Only got 4 comps out out of 8.  Couldn't pull any minions out to do any discarding thanks to archery.  Aragorn got loaded early, I couldn't put a wound on his comps.  The one thing I avoided was Return to its Master, plus Gimli put 3 wounds on the Witch King, and then discarded the other from the top of his draw deck.
We were neck and neck to site 7 but I didn't have any minions in hand so he doubled to 9 and I got 3 minions out but against 5 comps it was his game.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world.  Those who know binary and those who don't.

November 11, 2008, 11:57:03 AM
Reply #5

CCCORNIV

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 11:57:03 AM »
Winner: CCCORNIV vs Ulmo
Format: Tower Block

My Mounted Elf Archers :) and Isengard Man/Archery
His Rohan and Nazgul/Orc/Balrog/Cave Troll/I don't know what else may have been in there deck. 

Well my Isengard Man deck is really only effective versus Rohan and Gondor. Luckily for me Ulmo was playing Rohan.  I went first and was able to get horses for Legolas and my Elite Rider as well as play two Lorien Swordsman (S)  with one of those being mounted.  With all that twilight Ulmo was able to beat me down pretty good with a fierce Nazgul and a couple of orcs. I decided to stop at site 2 to also give me a chance to get my elven bows out.  On Ulmo's turn my shadow side flowed just as well as my free peopl's side and I was able to play Agents of Orthanc and exert him to place wounded on Eomer and exert again to place wounded on Eowyn.  That kind of set the stage for the game.  I was able to play Feathered whenever he had a big minion out to make my Lorien Swordmen more powerful and on the shadow side conditions like Banished to weaken slowed his fellowship.  Grima, Wormtongue helped out at getting rid of Eomer's posessions. At site 5 I was able to play 3 Uruk Crossbowman, Ranged Commander and Grima to finish off the fellowship.  My deck just flowed perfect today and it's been a long time that cards have come out right when I wanted them to.

November 11, 2008, 01:02:49 PM
Reply #6

Ulmo

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 01:02:49 PM »
Should have played my Ent deck!!!

November 12, 2008, 11:20:59 AM
Reply #7

Ulmo

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 11:20:59 AM »
Winner: Me (Yay) vs CCCORNIV
Format: Tower

My Elf Archery/Southron-Uruk Archery deck
His Kitchen Sink deck (It has 44 cards each side - seriously)

He needed to pull Aragorn at site 1 so he bid 2 burdens to my 0. Starting with Legolas and Gimli, he also added run-away hobbitses Merry and Pippin - 6 comps at site 1. I got some minions out to put on some archery wounds, they're not there to do much skirmishing. He double moved to site 3, Another wound or two for him, he was in good shape to heal at Sanctuary. I got 1 bow and 2 other Elves out at site 1, he couldn'y put much on me as my 2 archery wounds were nice to dish out, double moved to site 3 with 1 wound on Legolas. We both double moved from 3 to 5, not taking too much damage, but he had Final Count and My Axe is Notched ans was starting to load them up. He then moved to 6 and stopped because the runaways had runnoft and Gimli was damaged. This left me the option to gain the advantage and with only 1 wound on Legolas I doubled up to 7  With 5 unbound companions he pulls out Hornburg Causeway so I had 4 archery wounds to dish out. I had no problem with 6 comps all pretty much healthy. He doubled to 8, taking 8 archery wounds at 7 thanks to his playing the hobbits at site 6 and my 4 archers.  I played 2 more Elves (8 comps) and had all 4 elven bows out, he played a few minions, one biggie that was fierce that killed off 2 comps at site 8 and 2 more at site 9, but I had more than enough to hold him off.
The game basically came down to his stopping to heal at 6 and my luck to skip it and keep going. Was a good game though.

November 12, 2008, 11:36:25 AM
Reply #8

CCCORNIV

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 11:36:25 AM »
 I should have kept going at site 6, but I didn't want to risk having to finish the game with a Aragorn, Frodo and two runaway hobbitses.  Looking back, yeah I should have doubled.  At the end when I needed to draw minions or We Must Have It so Gollum, Stinker could come out and take the archery wounds, all I was pulling was FP events.  My Sink deck was a Stink deck today and your deck flowed like mine did yesterday.  Until tomorrow..

November 13, 2008, 10:46:33 AM
Reply #9

CCCORNIV

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 10:46:33 AM »
Winner CCCORNIV vs Ulmo
Format: Tower Block

My Elven Archery/Mounted Southron Archery/Wounding
His Rohan and Dunland Site Control

I went first, his site 2 skipped the archery phase and I played a couple of possessions and companions at site 1.  Needless to say I took a beating there, because he was able to play 4 Dunlanders, I doubled to site 3.  I was able to get a 2nd Elven bow out at site 3 and there was no looking back from there.  I never had to skirmish after site 2 so I doubled the rest of the way, Ulmo also had some flow issues today, so that helped me out even more.

November 13, 2008, 11:04:52 AM
Reply #10

Ulmo

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 11:04:52 AM »
Seemed as though I was facing 19 companions with 37 bows ... sigh.  Just wait till I photoshop Rohirrim Village so it's my site card for all 9 sites, then we'll see whose Elves are smiling.

November 13, 2008, 11:43:51 AM
Reply #11

CCCORNIV

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 11:43:51 AM »
:lol: Just make sure that you change the shadow number on a few.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 11:45:48 AM by CCCORNIV »

November 13, 2008, 03:36:08 PM
Reply #12

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 03:36:08 PM »
This should be called the CCCORNIV vs. Ulmo results thread. :lol:

November 14, 2008, 06:50:13 AM
Reply #13

Ulmo

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 06:50:13 AM »
This should be called the CCCORNIV vs. Ulmo results thread. :lol:
Or maybe the "How CCCORNIV beat Ulmo today" thread.  A few weeks ago it was very even, but lately it's been  #-o.

November 14, 2008, 07:10:50 AM
Reply #14

CCCORNIV

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 07:10:50 AM »
:lol: Are we the only people on here that actually use our cards to play?

November 14, 2008, 07:13:41 AM
Reply #15

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 07:13:41 AM »
It sure would appear that way, but hopefully soon I will get into the action :up:.
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?

November 14, 2008, 07:52:24 AM
Reply #16

Ulmo

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 07:52:24 AM »
We were just talking about driving up to play you sometime :up:

November 14, 2008, 10:10:42 AM
Reply #17

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 10:10:42 AM »
I play every now and than, but a lot of my friends aren't too enchanted with the game.
I've been playing myself using my own decks...but it doesn't work to well.
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

November 14, 2008, 02:50:23 PM
Reply #18

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 02:50:23 PM »
We were just talking about driving up to play you sometime :up:

Yeah he mentioned we should get together after football season and play some. I can always meet up with you guys somewhere in the middle or we can just rotate every other meeting :up:. Either way is cool with me for a few games.
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?

November 16, 2008, 10:21:08 AM
Reply #19

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 10:21:08 AM »
And due to friends far away I only seldom play with my cards...SDA is willingly though....
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

November 17, 2008, 03:36:30 PM
Reply #20

Ulmo

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 03:36:30 PM »
Friday's Game:
Format: Tower block.
Winner: CCCORNIV over Ulmo
His Uruk beatdown beat down my twilight spewing Ents.

Today's Game:
Format: Tower block.
Winner: Ulmo over CCCORNIV
His Rohan/possession discarding Dunlanders
My Rohan/Discard to wound Isengard Orcs

My comps came out early but I had a feeling that Golden Hall was coming so I kept a hold of Eomer's Spear. He could only play One guy at site 3 but he was a biggie and he overwhelmed my poor little Merry. He also doubled to site 3, I could discard 3 orcs to put some wounds on him, big deal as he was now at Sanctuary.
Whenever he'd win, he was able to discard my possessions and there wasn't a skirmish I won. Luckily my deck was possession heavy and was able to replace them. We both moved to 4 and stopped. I moved to 5 and couldn't move again because he kept having big ugly guys out there that I couldn't beat. He doubled to 6 with me not putting anything on him. I moved to 6 and stopped to heal. He went to 7 and stopped trying to get the kill. He played a couple of minions and discarded all my possessions and they became fierce and killed 2 more guys.
At this point I stopped and had 3 minions in my hand, drew 5 and had 4 more minions, he had 6 comps with Aragorn being defender+1. I played nothing at site 8, hoping he'd double and that I would be able to pick up one more minion. At site 9 I could draw a card for every companion over 4, so 2 more cards, one of which was a minion.
I slapped down 8 minions and Frodo without his sword was overwhelmed.
Basically the win came down to luck of the draw - but a win is still an win   :twisted:

November 17, 2008, 04:35:00 PM
Reply #21

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 04:35:00 PM »
 I went to visit some friends in Wichita this last Friday and we played a game.

Spencer's: [Elven] Brothers/ [Wraith] Corruption
 Wyatt's: [Dwarven] Swarm & Beatdown/ [Men] Archery
 My: [Shire] Brden Removal Engine/ 1 Twilight Cost Swarm

Let's just say they wanted to kill me and suceeded :(. I had a 14 Resistance Frodo and had 11 Burdens at site 6 :o. Well Spencer dropped a Fierce Nazgul and... The Witch-king w/ The Pale Blade, Sword of Flame. :'(  Not to mention a Sense of Obligation on Rosie Cotton, Barmaid. So I had 2 options. assign Rosie to a skirmish and have the WK win a skirmish and corrupt me, or not assign Rosie to a skirmish and be corrupted. So in the end I lost. #-o

Oh, Spencer might join the site soon, his decks are Awesome :up:
"Never Again, will the land of my people, fall into enemy hands! For Gondor! For Gondor! For Gondor!

November 18, 2008, 05:59:23 AM
Reply #22

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 05:59:23 AM »
 Here is the second game we played.

Vengence's: [Dwarven] Beatdown/  [Isengard] Site Control
 Wyatt's: [Dwarven] Swarm & Beatdown/ [Men] Archery
 My: [Gondor] Anorion Beatdown/ [Men] Archery

This was a pretty uneventful game. :lol: They got really anoyed by Anarion, who killed everthing they could play. But I just kept moving and finnally reached site 9, virtuallt untouched.

Winner: ME  =D>
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 04:05:56 PM by GarrisonofGondor »

November 18, 2008, 08:48:58 AM
Reply #23

CCCORNIV

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 08:48:58 AM »
How long do your 3 player games normally last GG?  My wife and I played a 4 player game with Ulmo and his wife a couple of years back and I swear it took at least 4 hours to play that game. :lol: Could have been longer.

November 18, 2008, 05:44:08 PM
Reply #24

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 05:44:08 PM »
Well we moved the limit every turn so it only took 1 Hr. I have to point out that we're expert players so that cut the time.

December 25, 2008, 02:08:53 PM
Reply #25

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2008, 02:08:53 PM »
This very Monday I met with two friends with whom I play lotr once in a while. I made 3 different decks for 3 different games. We agreed to play an expanded multiplayer game, a movieblock game and a standardgame.
First game was my movieblock deck. I made a -especially on the paper- great deck with Slaked Thirsts. My objective was to load  Preparations with ST, than ditch it in maneuver, Quick as May be to finish a key minion and leave some other minions to die to Elven archery. My shadow was morgularchery. He made little to no twilight and with a hand only containing shadow (after mulligan) it was hard to do anything constructive on either side of the deck. Nonetheless I won.
Second game was a standard game vs McTono aka Captain Slow. He puts so much thinking in to his game that it is sometimes wearing you out, but he is a great player, probably thanks to that ;). I played a Isildur Ringbearer/gandalf deck, with forestguls on the side. He played ringbound hobbits and corsairs. Normally a tough match-up, but this time I was the one on the good side. He once managed to play a very cool swarm, but due to sitemanipulation he didn't do anything, cause Caras Galadhon was appearing in the maneuver. Shapes Slowly Advancing was lurking to do it's job and I won.

Best game though -from my perspective that is- was the mulitplayergame. I put some thinking into it and came with Hunter Elves with Gil Galad, to replay Elven Marksmenship turn after turn. On the shadow I had Moria Swarms, cause I think that is a very good shadow when it comes to multiplayer. You need little to no twilight and so you can always increase the threat as well as ditch your hand.
McTono played a very beautiful rohandeck with nazguls and Anarion played Dwarves and Ninja Gollum. But after my lightning start, due to Gamling and the grabbing of Celebring, Woodhall Elf, Silver Ewer and Thorongil, they had not a huge chance in getting through. On site 4 I swarmed McTono with 7 minions, and in Anarions turn I could empty my Swarms so he was facing 10 minions with 3 dwarves...Liked it a lot!!!

After that I played a movieblock game again with McTono. The whole concept didn't do anything, and I made a fatal mistake by not swarming him at site 5. He could take out my fellowship 1 by 1 with his corsairs, with a beautiful placed Fierce in Despair.....I was dissapointed, but that was due to my poor drawing...:(

All in all a beautiful day, with a few nice games....
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

December 25, 2008, 03:36:14 PM
Reply #26

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2008, 03:36:14 PM »
 Very nice Gil-Estel. Elendil!UrukFear and I are meeting some friends on Jan 1. Hope to have some games to post then.

January 08, 2009, 09:27:06 AM
Reply #27

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 09:27:06 AM »
ahhh finally getting back to playing.

Played yesterday vs. aragorn ellessar.  HE was running random raiders with knights, while I was using Borormir, doomed heir and swarm uruk hai.

I had an easy double to 3, as I drew heirs of gondor and blade of gondor in my starting hand.  Pulled a kingsfoil and bow of minas tirith there, while He stopped at 2, as I didn't play anything and was afraid i was planning swarm.

I singled to 4, and than stopped, for the same reasons he had.  he than doubled to 4, as I was saving minions to drop the bomb.  Boromir was now a beast, and I picked up guarded city and tradesman of lebennin.  every exertion made him something like +4-5 and I had 5 tokens on heirs of gondor.

AE was suffering from hand clog, and his free peoples side was lagging a turn behind me ( I had won the bid of course)  my bomb on site 5 failed for lack of twilight, but I did get a minion on isildur.  his banner kinda hurt me healing the majority of wounds.  By now I was on site 6, and nothing was getting past.
with me playing Aragorn and another tradesman he was able to swarm, but defender +1 boromir saved me.  and the 8 tokens on heirs of gondor helped.  He was able to double to 8, but I just had a single to 9 to win.

Well my boromir deck works, now to test my Rohan/Orc.
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
SoP's Trade List

January 11, 2009, 07:25:41 PM
Reply #28

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 07:25:41 PM »
 I played a 4 player game tonight. Here it is.

My: Gimili Health Deck/ [Uruk] Lurkers
 Elendil!UrukFear's: [Gondor] Kinghts/ [Uruk] Damagers
 Beregond25's: [Gondor] Rangers and Wraiths/ [Orc] Corruption
 BiddingBoy's: [Dwarven] Possesion/ [Men] Wounding

The game was uneventful untill Elendil!UrukFear, Beregond25, and I, swarmed BiddingBoy at site 7. Since there were four of use, I went from site 6 to 9 for the win with: Frodo, Tired Traveller w/ The Great Ring, Gimili Fully Loaded, Farin, Fror, Dwarven Warrior, a'' with an Endurance of Dwarves. I KILLED THE BALROG, WITH GIMIL,NOT EVEN JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!! Battle to The Last ROCKS.

January 25, 2009, 07:29:05 PM
Reply #29

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2009, 07:29:05 PM »
 Played a three player game today.

My: Lorien Swordsman/ [Isengard] Anti-Archery Uruk-hai
 Beregond25's: [Elven] Archery/ Nazgul Overwhealm (He made the deck you suggested Elf_Lvr =D>)
 Biddingboy's: Driven by Threats/ Nazgul something

Basiclly we only had three main events. First, I killed Beregond25's Feveldir at site 3. Second, I follishly moved to site 5 and Biddingboy had enough to play Sauron, DLoM and a Fierce Nazgul. That killed Greenleaf and Gamling. Which in turn killed my Galadriel, because I had to fight. Then Beregond dropped Shotgun Enquea at site 6 which killed his main companion, Aragorn, Driven by need. Beregond played some possessions and BB dropped 3 fierce nazgul. They kill all Beregond's companions except the ring-bearer. Which should have had B25 win right, wrong. BB had a SSA with a token on it. He discarded the three nazgul wich corrupted his ring-bearer.

Great game guys  =D>
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 07:49:40 PM by GarrisonofGondor »

February 08, 2009, 08:00:30 PM
Reply #30

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2009, 08:00:30 PM »
 Played a game to day with E!U and B25.

My: Anorian Beatdown w/ [Orc] Corruption
 E!U's: Well-Traveled Guide w/ [Orc] Troll Beatdown
 B25's: [Elven] Archery w/ Witch-king Beatdown

The first game was sad. B25 and I killed E!U at site 3. In kindness to E!U, we played another game.

I bid 1 and they both bid 0. I doubled to site 3 with 1 wound on Gorn. B25 Double to site 3 with 3 wounds. E!U doubled to site three with 1 wound and 1 burden. I doubled to site 5 and E!U dropped Poter Troll, Ordinance Grunt, and a Cuthroat Orc with and Orc Spear. This is were it got interesting. I played Elendil's Valor and put both trolls on Anorian. I played 2x Swordarm of the White Tower, and 2x War Must Be. I OVERWHEALMED HIS TROLLS 19 TO 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After that B25 and E!U each had a turn and then it was time to go.

Great game, all three of use agreed that I would have won. \:D/
 Anyway hope to play again soon. =D>

February 14, 2009, 04:23:32 PM
Reply #31

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2009, 04:23:32 PM »
 Lots of games after the sleepover at my house ;D

First Game:
 My: [Elven] Archery/ [Wraith] Forestguls
 E!U's: [Rohan] Archery/ [Men] Wounding

I swarmed him at site 5 and so began the sleepover :mrgreen:

Winner: Me

Second Game:
 My: Lorien Swordsman Beatdown/ Anti-Archery [Isengard] Uruks
 E!U's: [Gondor] Knights Beatdown/ [Men] Wounding

The whole game neither of use moved twice. :o We crawled along slowly. I beat E!U to the finish line.

Third Game:
 My: [Shire] Tokens/ 1 twilight cost swarm
 E!U's [Elven] Archery/ [Uruk] Beatdown

Swarmed him at site 2. Game over.

Fourth Game:
 E!U's [Elven] Archery/ [Uruk] Beatdown

This time I swarmed him at site 5. Game over, but longer than the last one.

Three player games.

Fifth Game:
 My: [Elven] Archery/ [Wraith] Forestguls
 E!U's: [Gondor] Token Beatdown/ [Men] Archery
 B25's: [Dwarven] Beatdown/ [Raider] Threats

Well, I swarmed B25 with 4 nazzies at site 5. Then I beat E!U in a race to the finish.

Sixth Game:
 E!U's: [Gondor] Tokens Beatdown/ [Uruk] Beatdown
 B25's: [Elven] Wounding/ Witch-King Frenzy

I Swarmed B25 at site 3 with 4 minions. E!U then quit becaouse he wanted to play another game.

Seventh Game:
 Same decks as the last game :)

Nothing to report untill the end. I moved on for the win and won. Frodo, Resolute Hobbit w/ The Great Ring. When all was done, he had 3 wound and 11 burdens. :o

Great day of gaming =D>

People, why am I the only one posting? Let's see some results :up:

February 18, 2009, 12:50:09 PM
Reply #32

CCCORNIV

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2009, 12:50:09 PM »
Ulmo and I still play everyday, but just haven't posted results in awhile.

Me vs Ulmo
Format: Fellowship Block

My Elf & Dwarves/Sauron Orc & Uruk-hai Discard deck vs His Elven Ally/Nazgul Deck

My fellowship only won 1 skirmish the entire game.  >:( My fellowship was in trouble from the very start.  I couldn't get any companions/allies out so I knew that the Balrog was going to tear me up. In the meantime Ulmo had Legolas out and a couple of other elves with bows, he had 3 of the Balrog fodder elves and a couple of allies out.  I tried to get rid of his possessions with an Isengard Smith paired with a Tower Assassin at site 5 instead of playing the Balrog, but Ulmo did a masterful job of handling the situation and killed my Isengard Smith.  I managed to get a couple of companions out at site 4, but my fellowship took a beating.  When I moved to site 5 I still didn't have any allies out and Ulmo played 3 Nazguls instead of the Balrog.  Arwen, Haldir and Fror bit the dust.

At site 6 I managed to get out two Isengard Smiths (lucky me) and I then managed to get rid of all of his posessions.  I also was managing to get him to discard cards here and there.  He still had alot of companions out so it wasn't looking that great for me.  When I moved to site 6 I had Gimli with 1 wound and couldn't heal, Legolas with 1 wound and Farin with 2 wounds and blade tip.  Ulmo moved to site 7 and I managed to kill a couple of companions and discard a few more cards.  I moved to site 7 and Farin and Gimli were killed.  At site 8 I killed Legolas, Haldir and the last of him Balrog fodder elves, thanks to a fierce Lurtz.  He had to stop because he was down to Arwen and Frodo and I had a couple of minions out.  I again luckily drew a Lorien Elf/Balrog fodder so that gave me Frodo, a wounded Legolas and soon to be dead elf with a bow plus the White Arrows of Lorien.  Ulmo played 2 Nazguls, I exerted (soon to be dead) to get rid of his last two cards!!! We were at a river site so archery took care of one of the Nazguls, Lorien elf was killed by the other and I moved to site 9 for the win, with Legolas taking a wound from the remaining Nazgul.   It was quite a game and I thought for sure I was going to lose, in all 6 of my companions were killed. I had no idea that I had made him discard that many cards and I was somewhat surprised since I was getting the worst end of things on my Fellowship side.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 12:52:58 PM by CCCORNIV »

February 18, 2009, 12:57:52 PM
Reply #33

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2009, 12:57:52 PM »
my Man archery, Random Rohan
vs. peterpots elven random, moria swarm.

My deck basically relies on surviving long enough to get the minion kill and PP's deck proved why.  He hit me with a cave troll at site 2, and theoden bit the dust.  I lost another companion on site 4, while he was suffering clog and not giving me enough to do much with.

Finally at site 6 his bruised and beaten fellowship healed, and he kicked out 3 companions.  unfortunately for him I dropped a desert wind with bow, and 2 other archers, with a precision targeting and elevated fire taking out 3 comps.

that left 2 comps to deal with my 3 minions, and needless to say they got frodo.

Felipe Musco:
Elf Lvr:
SoP's Trade List

February 23, 2009, 01:32:27 PM
Reply #34

Ulmo

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2009, 01:32:27 PM »
me vs CCCORNIV
Fellowship block

My Pipe/Moria swarm deck vs His FotS / Moria archery deck

Hw won the bid, 2-1, and pulled Gandalf's Cart from his draw deck.  Lucky for me I had Aragorn in my starting hand so I didn't need my Prancing Pony.  He started with FotS. I started with Merry and Boromir.
He played Legolas at site 1, I could only play 2 minions and they dies in the archery phase.
I played Aragorn at site 1 but kept the other possesions in hand to get the advantage of the card draw from site 2. He could only play 1 minion.
Site 3 for him and I could only play 1 minion which dies in Archery.
At my site 3 he didn't play any minions, his hand was not flowing well.  But he's bluffed me before and I wasn't about to move to 4.
His site 4 I almost overwhelmed him but he still had Legolas so 1 of my 4 minions had to die.  He killed the rest.  He doubled to 5, I thought I could have some fun with the Balrog but I had Flame of Udun and not Durin's Bane, so with 9 twilight I couldn't play Balrog.  I had 2 or 3 minions out and Legolas died - no more archery for me to take.
My site 4 he played 1 minion which I killed, doubled to 5, he played another minion, and then discarded it to play Durin's Bane. It did some damage to my Merry and Aragorn.  But I was in pretty good shape.
Site 6 for him, he played Gimli with his Axe from the cart.  I had 11 twilight, could pull Goblin Runner from discard, then 4 minions from hand so it was 5 minions vs 3 comps.

Winner: me    ;D

February 28, 2009, 01:13:23 PM
Reply #35

Gerontius

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2009, 01:13:23 PM »
me vs Imrahil
Block: Um.... We use sets 1-13, no x-list.

Game 1: My Invincible Bilbo/ Cycling Corsairs vs his Forearmed Engine/ Site control Uruk-hai

Ouch. I knew that Pillage of Rohan and Burning of Westfold would kill me pretty quickly, so I went for a shadow kill. At site 3 a 20 strength Castimir killed of Gandalf, although he has several copies of sent back. My Free-peoples side got plenty of hobbit allies, so I was okay for the first few sites. At site 4 he pulled out Pillage of Rohan, meaning I would die next turn. My corsairs pulled off a swarm the next turn though, so I was okay. I discarded under foot to draw 5 cards, then discarded two copies of Black sails of umbar for 6 minions and 1 Castimir.

Game 2: My Invincible Bilbo/ Cycling Corsairs vs his Forearmed Engine/ Site control Uruk-hai

This game didn't turn out so well for me. My free peoples never set up, and Bilbo died to an 11 strength Uruk-Hai at site 5.
Winner: Him

Game 3: My Dwarf Cycling/ Easterling Swarm vs his Gimli and Elves/ Twilight minions

Not too much to say here. Both of us were using a free peoples side that drew like crazy to set up the minions side, and he got out a swarm at.. site 5, I think? Frodo died, and there was nothing my 14 strength Gimli or 12 strength Durin III could do about it. #-o
Winner: Him

Game 4: My Dwarf Cycling/ Easterling Swarm vs his Forearmed Engine/ Uruk-Hai site Control.

Needless to say, my dwarves were much better suited to this deck than Bilbo had been. Both of us suffered from terrible drawing from the start, and drew tons of minions. At site 5 I pulled off another 7 minion swarm.

Wow...... 4 shadow kills! :o And 3 of them were swarms too.....
-The Old Took leaves the computer to see if he can trade for Power according to his Stature....

« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 11:15:17 AM by The Old Took »

March 01, 2009, 11:50:38 AM
Reply #36

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2009, 11:50:38 AM »
 Nice games Took. I played about 7 Lotr games with B25 and E!U. Our computers are under repair so I'll post them later (This library computer is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO S L O W ](*,)).

March 14, 2009, 04:08:42 PM
Reply #37

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2009, 04:08:42 PM »
 E!U, B25, Me, and another friend all just had a sleepover at our friends birthday party. We played exactly... A LOT of lotr games. Sorry, I can't remember exactly what happened, but I can tell you this.

I kept using Dwarf and Sauron discard and Solo Smeagol w/ Forestguls. They hated me during the games I used my discard because they all think discard should be X-listed (but then again they think I should be X-listed :-?).

I think the results were as such.

I won: 2
 B25 won: 1
 E!U won: 2
 Our Friend won: 1

Maybe they can post and tell you more.

April 05, 2009, 05:08:01 PM
Reply #38

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2009, 05:08:01 PM »
 Saturday E!U, B25, and Snazzy came over to my house to play. Here is how it went.

Game 1:
 E!U"s: Hobbit Regroup Wound w/ Damaging Uruks
 B25's: Dwarven Beatdown w/ Raider Threats
 Snazzy's: Elven Fighting / Nazgul Beatdown
 My: Elvents w/ Duenlend Site Control

I was killed at site 5. :'(

Winner: E!U

Game 2:
 My: Anorian Beatdown w/ Orkish Corruption
 Snazzy's: White Rider Beatdown w/

I swarmed him at site 4. Game set match. ;)

Winner: ME

Game 3.
 My: Elvents w/ Duneland Site Control
 E!U's: Counter of Foes Beatdown w/ Easterling Beatdown
 Snazzy's: Dwarven Beatdown w/ Moria Swarm

We killed E!U at site 5 or 6. Snazzy swarmed me at site 6. Dang Host of Thousands! :down: ](*,)

Winner: Snazzy

Great day of gaming!

April 05, 2009, 05:35:58 PM
Reply #39

Aragorn_Ellessar

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2009, 05:35:58 PM »
My Elven Corruption vs his Elven with morc archery

Really Boring. Finally corrupted him at site nine.

I won.

My Gondor Fortifications vs his Hobbit with Enduring Nazzies.

Ouch. He won. Murdered my companions. Gaah
One Ring to rule them all.
One Ring to find them.
One Ring to bring them all,
And in the darkness, bind them.

April 05, 2009, 06:10:07 PM
Reply #40

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2009, 06:10:07 PM »
 Who is he? ;D

April 05, 2009, 07:27:37 PM
Reply #41

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2009, 07:27:37 PM »
me.

litbro, bto, and me.

running, rohan, isengard archery, rohan, uruk-hai, and rohan man archery.

My man archery owned, dropping a howdah, precision targeting, elavated fire bomb 3 times for 7 companion kills.  I won, after decimating both their fellowships with a double to 9.  Bto got some good shadow kills in too though.
Felipe Musco:
Elf Lvr:
SoP's Trade List

April 19, 2009, 06:42:43 PM
Reply #42

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2009, 06:42:43 PM »
 Went to Wichita during the weekend to play a few games and here is how it turned out.

Game 1
 My: Dwarf and Sauron Discard vs. Vengence's: Gondor Events and Raider Crazy Wounding

Basically I never got the right cards. Kept pulling Dwarven Warrior and killing him. Then he killed Durin III :'(. Then he killed my Ring-bearer

Winner: Vengence

Game 2
 My: Solo Smeagol and Forestguls vs. tk422's: Rohan Archery and Resistance Uruks

Well, he ran in to a big problem. His deck revolves around Our Foes are Weak and Tempest of War. Both my companions were Ring-bound :mrgreen: I made it to site 9 then he killed Smeagol :'(

Winner: tk422

Game 3
 My: Dwarven and Sauron Discard vs. Vengence's: Elvents and Nazgul Corruption

Well, my deck isn't corruption, but it did add a LOT of burdens. First hand I pulled Orc Taskmaster, Desperate Measures, Streatched :twisted: My dwarves killed anything he threw out.

Game: 4
 My: Dwarven and Sauron Discard vs. tk422's: Dwarven Beatdown and Evil Man Archery

Ouch, never drew a companion. He murdered my companions. However, I did manage to discard a lot.

Game 5:
 My: Solo Smeagol and Morc Archery
 Vengence's: Gondor Events and Raider Crazy Wounding
 tk422's: Dwarven Beatdown and Evil Man Archery

At site three I gave tk422 6 Archery Wounds, Streaming to The Field + 3x Morgul Lurker. Nothing big happened. tk422 kept taking alot of burdens and Vengence to lot of wound untill he got 3x Great Shield. I was doing fine thanks to Not Listening :up: But Vengence and I ran out of minions so tk422 moved for the win.

Great Weekend :up:

December 07, 2009, 07:43:04 AM
Reply #43

sharkey

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2009, 07:43:04 AM »
If no one minds me adding in a game with my bro:

Starts with me going first, cycling through cards like crazy. By sight 4 he has 3x Dark Places, Moria stairway for 4, and Bridge of Khazad-Dhum for 5. He plays a cave troll on me at sight 4, which I beat with my dwarves, and I then move on to site 5 where he plays a Balrog, Demon of Might + whip of many thongs. I manage to avoid dying by brilliant use of Dwarven Armor and Gimli's Helm, combined with Durin and belt of erebor + endurance of dwarves. Since I'm mostly unhurt after a double move against his 2 strongest minions, and about to get to a sanctuary, he forfeits.

December 07, 2009, 09:31:15 AM
Reply #44

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2009, 09:31:15 AM »
Umm...why didn't he use the Whip of Many Thongs to discard Dwarven Armor, Gimli's Helm, and Belt of Erebor?
-wtk

December 07, 2009, 01:12:22 PM
Reply #45

sharkey

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2009, 01:12:22 PM »
He did. But not before I discarded Gimli's helm to prevent wounds. There were also some dwarven bracers and endurance of dwarves involved, along with some other possessions.

I do hate dark places vehemently.

January 13, 2010, 08:47:42 AM
Reply #46

sharkey

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2010, 08:47:42 AM »
6 player game... with 2 Veterans (myself and a good friend), 1 good player, 2 players who sorta knew the rules, and one total newbie. I ended up winning by convincing the other players to give me all the twilight to swarm the other veteran's deck. I was 3 sites ahead on the adventure path, at 6, so they acknowledged defeat. But it was still an interesting game, and made me seriously look at the possiblity of getting Gimli, BoG...

January 24, 2010, 11:59:17 AM
Reply #47

sharkey

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2010, 11:59:17 AM »
3 player game... was ahead from the start, and the other 2 players played no minions on each other and all on me. Still managed to survive, but boy was it harsh.

January 24, 2010, 12:02:31 PM
Reply #48

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2010, 12:02:31 PM »
Last time I played against a complete newbie I'm teaching now. Actually it was guite simpe, cus' with my Standard Sauron Deck, he didn't stand any chances at all, so --> Victory!

February 12, 2010, 10:53:48 AM
Reply #49

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2010, 10:53:48 AM »
Well, Me, Beregond25, and Snazzy tried to play a game during the first quarter of the Super Bowl...........But epically failed at it since we kept glancing at the screen to watch the game.

February 15, 2010, 01:10:18 PM
Reply #50

sharkey

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2010, 01:10:18 PM »
Why? The super bowl is boring, LOTR is not. :)

February 15, 2010, 04:40:47 PM
Reply #51

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2010, 04:40:47 PM »
Nonsense. The super was and is always amazing.

February 15, 2010, 04:58:36 PM
Reply #52

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2010, 04:58:36 PM »
I will only presume shark bait was joking. Otherwise, well...

...Lurtzy, I'm with you on this one!
-wtk

February 15, 2010, 07:29:27 PM
Reply #53

sharkey

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2010, 07:29:27 PM »
This is madness... MADNESS!

No, I am not joking. Fail sports are fail :)

February 15, 2010, 08:16:28 PM
Reply #54

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
    • My website
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2010, 08:16:28 PM »
Yeah, they are. Which is why your comment makes no sense.

February 15, 2010, 11:00:38 PM
Reply #55

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2010, 11:00:38 PM »
Yesterday I had the same. I was watching the replay of the AllStar Game and Kralik was playing a brilliant deck! I could focus on both though, but it was quite an effort, haha.

February 16, 2010, 02:57:13 AM
Reply #56

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2010, 02:57:13 AM »
Nonsense. The super was and is always amazing.

I was never a fan of sports like Ice Hockey or Basketball, but there's one thing that is clear for me:

American Football sucks!

No, seriously guys, it's a part of the European Middle European Swiss tradition to watch football (soccer) and nothing else.

I mean, soccer in the U.S. is just boring, so it's evident that nobody watches is (OK, you have Beckham and Donovan, but that's all about it!)

But here in Europe, everyone watches soccer, everyone likes soccer, everyone plays soccer!

Soccer rules!

just my opinion

February 16, 2010, 03:47:01 AM
Reply #57

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
    • My website
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2010, 03:47:01 AM »
American football is not soccer.

February 16, 2010, 03:57:49 AM
Reply #58

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2010, 03:57:49 AM »
American football is not soccer.

I think you didn't understand my post, seriously.
I wanted to say that nobody watches soccer in the U.S. cus' soccer there is boring and American football seems not.
But in Europe, we have the best soccer players in the world so everybody watches soccer and nobody watches american football.$

But back to topic, I played 2 games yesterday, my friend played with my Ranger's Choke/ Twilight Nazzies Fellowship Block  and I played first time with my Towers Standard Dauntless Hunter deck, got a draw.
As for the second game, he stuck to the fellowship block deck, but I took my Gondor Artifacts with huge fellowship/ Shelob, EoL Posessions featering Troll of Cirith Gorgor Deck, Shelob grew bigger and bigger each turn, then Site 7, dropped a Troll with 26 Strength, killed a companion. At site 8, he had to double-move to not loose the game, so he doubled and I dropped an orc, Shelob with 23 strength and 2 trolls with both 27 strength. That was fun!

February 16, 2010, 05:54:20 AM
Reply #59

sharkey

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2010, 05:54:20 AM »
Well, most sports are pretty boring compared to fencing. I mean, watching 200+ pound guys run at each other is not nearly as exciting as watching people fight with swords. It's a little bit less of a spectator sport though, as it is kinda complicated.

To each his own.

February 16, 2010, 07:10:53 PM
Reply #60

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2010, 07:10:53 PM »
bah, rugby > football any day.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

April 04, 2010, 02:08:29 AM
Reply #61

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2010, 02:08:29 AM »
So...the officially hosted LOTR TCG is no longer active right? Their site with the tutorial download is thankfully still up, as are some strat articles. I'm wondering how, aside from sDA (which last I checked had an inelegant interface one had to move twilight tokens into and out of by oneself), one can play the game online?
A wizard is never late...nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

April 04, 2010, 02:34:31 AM
Reply #62

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2010, 02:34:31 AM »
GccG
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

April 06, 2010, 01:56:01 PM
Reply #63

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2010, 01:56:01 PM »
Huh?
A wizard is never late...nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

April 06, 2010, 02:10:43 PM
Reply #64

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
    • My website

April 10, 2010, 01:52:35 AM
Reply #65

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2010, 01:52:35 AM »
Ah. Is it less dependent on the player to move twilight etc than sDa?

June 01, 2010, 08:00:10 AM
Reply #66

Faelach

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2010, 08:00:10 AM »
Ah. Is it less dependent on the player to move twilight etc than sDa?

Yes.  All you have to do is specify with keystrokes how much Twilight needs to be added.  The program does the rest.

Try it out.  Sure you'll love it.
Do not take dragons lightly.  They are heavier than you think.

November 05, 2010, 11:49:44 AM
Reply #67

The New Guy

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2010, 11:49:44 AM »
I beat my brother with my Ring-Bound Rangers/Uruk-hai deck against his Ents and unbound Hobbits/Isengard. My minions beat up his Fellowship but didn't kill any of them. So that ment I could stop and go on as I pleased. Well My Fellowship stood its ground I only had 5 total wounds on all my Companions through out the whole game =)

March 10, 2011, 10:47:04 AM
Reply #68

Imrahil

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2011, 10:47:04 AM »
I beat Gerontius with Ring-Bound Rangers/ Enduring Corruption against his Gondor Wraith/ Easterling Corruption. It was touch and go for a bit as I was stupidly using the Boromir ring-bearer, and he packs 3 Vision from Afar and 4 Gathering to the Summons, but Sam, SoH saved me.  I even took down the Captain with a well-timed Citadel of the Stars, and was ready for another with Gondorian Merchant on the field and What Are They in hand. 

Pros- Sam, Son of Hamfast

Gerontius' crazy Wraith/ Shards of Narsil mix with 4x Still Sharp :-)

Dark Whispers (for being a card that nobody should ever play, but is sooo much fun to use)

Cons- Boromir, BoC (is this guy ever useful? He has such a huge handicap and his effect is worthless unless he's fighting)

Me discarding Damrod at site 3, and then realizing how much of a mistake that was.

The look on Gerontius' face when Sam hit the table.  Pure murder.
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

-Dave Barry

March 10, 2011, 01:47:02 PM
Reply #69

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2011, 01:47:02 PM »
...but Sam, SoH saved me

Just another proof that Sam, SoH is indeed OP and should be considered by the rules team.

Boromir, BoC (is this guy ever useful? He has such a huge handicap and his effect is worthless unless he's fighting)

Use him as a Non-RB. His text is awesome. He is also a better choice when you're running Noble Leaders deck. Starting with Boromir, BoC Faramir, CoG and Denethor, LoG you just need Aragorn to get a fully powered Noble Leaders.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

March 10, 2011, 04:25:54 PM
Reply #70

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2011, 04:25:54 PM »
Just another proof that Sam, SoH is indeed OP and should be considered by the rules team.

I completely disagree with this.
-wtk

March 10, 2011, 04:28:08 PM
Reply #71

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
    • My trade list
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2011, 04:28:08 PM »
Hey, I use Sam, SoH in almost every deck. That doesn't mean he's not OP.

Trade List (TLHH)

March 10, 2011, 04:33:19 PM
Reply #72

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2011, 04:33:19 PM »

I didn't say he wasn't over-powered. I said that the fact that he saved a self-destructing, 6-resistance Ring-Bearer was not proof that he is over-powered and I said that I don't think he should be considered by the rules committee.

Personally, I think that he, like Shotgun Enquea, Legolas, Greenleaf, and many other cards shape the game. If you want to try to play a corruption deck, you should not plan for 12 burdens--plan for 15, at least. The good decks will have Sam, Son of Hamfast the same way that you shouldn't play more than six companions without Enquea protection or a few 1-vitality minions if Greenleaf is a possibility.
-wtk

March 10, 2011, 05:14:31 PM
Reply #73

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
    • My trade list
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2011, 05:14:31 PM »

I didn't say he wasn't over-powered. I said that the fact that he saved a self-destructing, 6-resistance Ring-Bearer was not proof that he is over-powered and I said that I don't think he should be considered by the rules committee.

Personally, I think that he, like Shotgun Enquea, Legolas, Greenleaf, and many other cards shape the game. If you want to try to play a corruption deck, you should not plan for 12 burdens--plan for 15, at least. The good decks will have Sam, Son of Hamfast the same way that you shouldn't play more than six companions without Enquea protection or a few 1-vitality minions if Greenleaf is a possibility.
-wtk

That's all true... but Sam devastates so many corruption decks it's not fun anymore. When I said that he should be considered, that didn't mean he's gonna get an automatic ban, just to open a discussion about him and see all the pros and cons... although I admit I highly doubt many people will vote for banning of Sam, SoH. There is probably not one experienced player that hasn't been saved by him more than once.

Since we have gone a bit offtopic, let's end this or continue elsewhere if you feel the need. ;)

Trade List (TLHH)

March 12, 2011, 08:36:00 PM
Reply #74

Imrahil

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »
Rematch with Gerontius:
My Knights/Morcs vs his Wounding in the Shire Countryside/ Unfair Corsair

(As you already know, I hate Corsairs, so I was in a bad mood in this game from the very start)
He wins the toss and starts, which means I'm looking forward to Base of Mindolluin to grab a couple forts.  I'm a little curious about his starting comps (Eowyn, LoI and that 2-cost 8th set Merry), so I'm not sure what to expect except that I'm sure it will involve Unheeded at some point and possibly Shadow-play.  I play and move, trying to stay below that magic nine twilight which is Castamir plus Halberd, and then pull Citadel of the Stars with Mindolluin.  Since I know that Gondor Bows won't stay on the table, I'm counting on recurring Citadel with Sixth Level to kill Castamirs.  It's messy, but it keeps me in the game. 

Meanwhile, Gerontius has suddenly thrown down three Shire Countrysides, which, along with Birthday Present and A Light in His Mind are allowing him to heal about a billion times a turn.  I realize that since wounds are just flying off his ringbearer my morcs are going to be entirely useless and I'm going to have to run.  I decide my best chance is either a race to site nine or a stupid swarm at site seven.  Unfortunately his spidey senses start tingling at six and he throws down two comps, which sucks for me because he's moving through my morcs easily and I'm still behind on the site path.

Eventually (between the Corsairs and the ridiculous Birthday Present) I get pissed enough that when he reaches across the table to sweep away one of my conditions I try to get him in a submission hold and things threaten to degenerate.  Gerontius has a cooler head than I though, and so after some discussion I'm persuaded to go back to the fun times I'm having being molested in the Shire Countryside.  He easily sweeps into site 9 with barely a wound on anyone. I, on the other hand, am limping around trying to figure out why I can't draw any Citadel of Minas Tirith, and how I'm supposed to win every skirmish for two sites to make it work. :-)

Pros- Sweet new RotEL cards courtesy of Hawkeye.

Gerontius, for figuring out how to break Shire Countryside a mere 4 days after getting it.

Ket_the_Jet, for advising me to just throw down comps against Corsairs. It makes things much easier.

Cons- Birthday Present. (who decided that if you only had one event, you got to take it back anyway?)

Shire Countryside (Why isn't this banned?)

Me, for trying to Hulk Smash the only person I know who still plays LOTR).
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

-Dave Barry

March 31, 2011, 01:34:52 PM
Reply #75

Gerontius

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2011, 01:34:52 PM »
Gerontius Vrs. Imrahil
Movie
My Trust Me Aragorn/Weather Trackers vs his Gondor with Denethor setup/Southron initiative wounding

We both bid 0. I win the coin flip and make him go first. He starts a Boromir RB, Denethor LoMT, and Derufin. I start Gandalf and Frodo, and then draw an Aragorn and a Trust me, doubling to 3 with no opposition from his shadow. Imrahil didn't double so I'm ahead on the site path. He singles to site 3 unscathed, although I get Fell Voice on the Air and a Weary out. At site 3 he takes a few cards from his draw deck, then heals with Hard Choice and takes two more. Elendil with Narsil comes out and it's clear he hopes to triple to site six. At site 4 I play Ugluk, Mauhur, three other trackers, and Wizard Storm, killing two of his seven companions, as well as forcing him to use all of his Noble Leaders tokens. He discards them all with Guarded (where'd that card come from?) and moves to site 5 through Wizard Storm. Saruman, SoS comes out with Uruk Hunter who picks off Gandalf. I'm clogged with freeps cards by now so when he makes the triple move to site 6 I have only one more tracker to add. Still, Elendil is exhausted as well as most of the rest of his fellowship. For my next few free peoples turns Imrahil just plays all the minions he has instead of trying to set up a decent swarm. Still, my 3 person fellowship is often outnumbered, but I have lots of stuff to help like 4x Valiant Man of the West, Coat of Mail on Aragorn, Bounder, and Trust Me.
I single to 5 and then double to 7 to give me the chance of doubling to 9 if I can't kill his fellowship. Meanwhile, my shadow kills off another companion, leaving him with Elendil, Aragorn (both with Weary) and Boromir, who has two wounds and 5 burdens. I only manage to draw one Ugluk with a Broad-Bladed sword, and I also play Saruman's Snows. Because Elendil is one exertion from exhaustion and has weary and Aragorn is exhausted, I think I'll manage to kill both of them. However, Imrahil plays Banner of the White Tree (:o) on Elendil, beating Ugluk twice 12-11 and killing him. Imrahil moves on and I draw into two copies of Saruman but no trackers.
Imrahil wins  :up:

September 28, 2020, 12:48:38 PM
Reply #76

JamesCB

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2020, 12:48:38 PM »
:lol: Are we the only people on here that actually use our cards to play?

I use legit cards.

September 30, 2020, 06:09:48 AM
Reply #77

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2020, 06:09:48 AM »
I truly must thank you for bumping this topic so I could read Imrahil's games on the previous page.

September 30, 2020, 07:21:25 AM
Reply #78

JamesCB

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2020, 07:21:25 AM »
Thanks... I guess? ???

September 30, 2020, 08:00:09 AM
Reply #79

Gerontius

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2020, 08:00:09 AM »
I truly must thank you for bumping this topic so I could read Imrahil's games on the previous page.
I can't believe it's been 9 years...

September 30, 2020, 06:06:48 PM
Reply #80

Imrahil

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2020, 06:06:48 PM »
Y'all lucky to be playing me online. The most cathartic thing about most physical sports is that you get to shove people and hit/kick things. Tabletop games just don't measure up in that regard.

But that corsair game was nothing compared to a couple years ago when Gerontius and I played a campaign mission in FFG's Imperial Assault, only for Gerontius to decide that his optimum move was to move Vader away from our heroes and hide him a corner behind a wall of storm troopers. He'd ceded the field, the initiative, and the loot, but the campaign manual apparently required us to kill Vader or fail the mission. After four hours of carefully planning every action, we (the rebel players) were bested by the ol' "#$&*@! Vader" turtle strategy, in total violation of the spirit of the game and the logic of the mission narrative.

Closest I've ever come to flipping a table and running screaming into the night.

-Dave Barry