LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Lots of wounding  (Read 1777 times)

June 09, 2020, 06:41:24 PM
Read 1777 times

Enduring

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
  • Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?
Lots of wounding
« on: June 09, 2020, 06:41:24 PM »
 ;D [Shire] [Rohan] [Elven] [Raider] [Isengard] [Wraith] ;D

Ring-bearer: Frodo, Courteous Halfling
Ring: The One Ring, Answer To All Riddles

Adventure deck:
Sleeping Quarters
King's Tent
Hall of the Kings
Pelennor Plain
Crashed Gate
Minas Tirith First Circle
Ruined Capitol
Cross Roads
Dagorlad

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
2x Legolas, Greenleaf
4x Rohirrim Guard
1x Éowyn, Lady of Ithilien
1x Merry, Swordthain
1x Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver
2x Elrond, Herald to Gil-galad
2x Leowyn
2x Merry's Sword
3x Rohirrim Bow
1x Éowyn's Sword, Dernhelm's Blade
1x Sting, Baggins Heirloom
1x Vilya
3x Arrow-slits
4x A Light in His Mind
4x Shadowplay
4x The Shire Countryside

Shadow Draw Deck:
3x Grima, Wormtongue
4x Desert Lord
4x Elite Archer
4x Southron Archer
4x Southron Bowman
2x Southron Fighter
2x Southron Leader
3x Morgul Ambusher
2x Úlairë Enquëa, Lieutenant of Morgul
2x Ships of Great Draught
2x Saruman's Power
4x Rallying Call

Start with Éowyn Lady of Ithilien, Merry Swordthain and Pippin Wearer of Black and Silver and try to get A Light in his mind and The Shire Countryside in your opening hand. Then main goal of this deck is to soften up all the minions and use Éowyn Lady of Ithilien to kill them while healing your companions with your Rohirim Guards to trigger A Light In His Mind and The Shire Countryside. The Shadow side of this deck is kind of just your average exert to exert archers, so there is nothing special there. The deck does however suffer to Shelob Her Ladyship and Sarumans Power but other than that the deck does preform pretty well. If anyone has any Ideas on what other cards  this deck might please reply down below with your suggestions. Have fun!

I hope the deck isn't a failure for anyone...  ;D
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 07:05:08 PM by Enduring »
I walk around like everything’s fine, but deep down, inside my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

June 10, 2020, 12:42:36 AM
Reply #1

RJH777

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Re: Lots of wounding
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 12:42:36 AM »
I like it!

For the fp, only suggestion might be to consider adding a Weapon Store? So you can retrieve Merry's Sword if you need to bounce him. Also seems odd to run this and not use Unheeded?

So perhaps:

-1 arrow Slits
-1 a light in his mind (it's unique and you should draw it quickly with 3 plus your cycling).
-1 rohirrim Bow (you can replay them easier with the weapon store allowing more merry bounces)

+1 weapon store
+2 unheeded

For the shadow, I'd use maybe 2 war towers and 2 rallying call. The leader is nice but doesn't come up that often in movie (with the alt ringbearers running around) so I'd personally go with a more reliably damaging minion like 2 southron marksmen.

I run something similar to this and use a small gollum package to guarantee quick threats with captured by the ring and reduce their pincushion ability with dark as darkness plus some seasoned leader, the gollum bit is more of a tech but I'd definitely drop the 4 southron archers for 4 seasoned leader (given they both equate to one extra wound as you can't control sites).

June 10, 2020, 11:46:55 AM
Reply #2

Enduring

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 11:46:55 AM »
Thanks for the reply! I really appreciate your input and will definitely add weapon store and unheeded.
Although I might not add the seasoned leaders because I'm tired of having Elrond return it to my hand with Vilya. I will add the war towers into my deck though for cheaper threat adding.

Glad you like the deck!  ;D

I walk around like everything’s fine, but deep down, inside my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

June 10, 2020, 12:52:40 PM
Reply #3

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 12:52:40 PM »
I don't know that I'm a fan of Unheeded here, since the only real use you'd get from it is during a Rohirrim Guard skirmish. I definitely think Weapon Store should be included though, given all that healing and 4 highly expendable companions to boot. If you find yourself discarding Rohirrim Guard more often than playing them, Deor might make for a good alternative. Fortress Never Fallen might deserve a slot or two, how well do you handle Besiegers and Ninja Gollum? Speaking of Besiegers, if that one copy of Eowyn's Sword doesn't do much for you, you could consider Banner of the Mark instead and replay it with Weapon Store. Then maybe you'd have a good reason to put Unheeded in :P

Southron Archer could pair well with Crashed Gate, provided you're planning on discarding them and replaying with Ships of Great Draught, but RJH is right that Seasoned Leader is probably a better pick overall. I'd keep some depending on how well you find that combo working, but find room for a Seasoned Leader or two.

Some would say 36/36 is already pretty big, and they might be right. However, since both FP and Shadow can discard cards really easily, you could stretch it out further if you really wanted to. Do you ever run out of cards?

June 10, 2020, 01:58:32 PM
Reply #4

Enduring

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 01:58:32 PM »
Thanks for replying! I really appreciate your input you gave me and will consider adding Seasoned Leader.
And yes, I do run out of cards frequently and I'm considering adding more. And this deck does handle besiegers very well
considering all the high vitality minions. Ninja Gollum on the other hand destroys this deck with Shelob Her Ladyship preventing me from assigning Éowyn, Lady of Ithilien to skirmish. Other than that this deck performs from my experience very well. I have updated the deck and have added one copy of Brego for more exerting a copy of Fell Deeds Awake for site liberation.

Thanks for your input and glad you like the deck! ;D