LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: LotR-TCG Card Generator using nanDECK  (Read 20103 times)

July 26, 2020, 02:27:20 PM
Reply #30

Finarfin

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Re: LotR-TCG Card Generator using nanDECK
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2020, 02:27:20 PM »
I changed the cell to Text. But again like you csv forgets every time I open it annoyingly so i have to keep redoing it.

July 26, 2020, 05:02:38 PM
Reply #31

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2020, 05:02:38 PM »
Yeah, there are no spreadsheet programs I've used (save maybe Google Sheets) that don't do horrendously obnoxious things to auto update one's data like this.

This exact issue is the reason there is both a cards.csv and a cards.ods in the zip.  I use LibreOffice Calc, and my workflow looks like this:

- Modify cards.ods so that all of the stat columns are Text (the entire column)
- Adjust column widths, etc
- Add new cards as needed
- Save cards.ods (all the formatting is now saved, and will not need to be done again so long as I open the ods again in the future)
- Save A Copy As into cards.csv with the following options:

And there you go.  You could theoretically do the same thing with a new cards.xls if you're working with Excel: keep a master copy that is in the native format of whatever software you're using, and just export to CSV when you're done.

It's a pity all offline spreadsheet programs are a giant pile of #$&*@!, but it is what it is.  This workaround workflow at least keeps Excel/Calc from touching my goddamn data every time I interact with it.

I sort-of mentioned this issue in the documentation, but I'll make sure something like the above is put into the next version more explicitly.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

July 26, 2020, 07:39:37 PM
Reply #32

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2020, 07:39:37 PM »
Would a possible work-around be to open the csv as a text file instead of as a spreadsheet? You'd have to add the delimiters yourself, but you wouldn't have to worry about Excel trying to help or anything. Might not be worth the hassle in the end, since you're just substituting one set of problems with another.

July 26, 2020, 08:03:17 PM
Reply #33

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2020, 08:03:17 PM »
My thoughts exactly.  One can do that if they are okay with manually counting commas and the like.  It also breaks down once you have more than, oh, 20 or so cards, as remembering what each column is specifically becomes a hassle. 

As someone who has probably spent more time than anyone else iterating, saving, and re-saving the CSV, this is the fastest/most convenient workflow I've found so far.  Next step might be to make a macro in LibreOffice that exports with one button press, and then it's not much different from just saving.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

July 27, 2020, 02:39:10 AM
Reply #34

Finarfin

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2020, 02:39:10 AM »
Well I'm doing a set so I just figure I'll wait till everything else fir the set is ready and then input the strength and vitality plus totals once before creating the final versions. That way I don't have to keep going back.

July 27, 2020, 11:35:19 AM
Reply #35

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2020, 11:35:19 AM »
What do you mean? Just save it as an xls or whatever is native. You don't hop back and forth, you only use the xls or ods, and when you're done editing you "save a copy" to the csv.

July 29, 2020, 03:03:21 AM
Reply #36

Finarfin

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2020, 03:03:21 AM »
Hi me again. The card creator was working great but suddenly seems to have run into a problem and I can't figure out where it has come from. When I try to validate the deck it says there are Invalid labels and aborts. Particularly seens to be 632 and lots of 636 where it is running into trouble.

July 29, 2020, 03:08:13 AM
Reply #37

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2020, 03:08:13 AM »
At the bottom of the screen there is an output section; can you copy-paste the contents of that box here?

I suspect it's due to you including a character that is not permitted (such as the | symbol or others).  If you delete the card you added last and it works, that's probably all it is, but I'll take a look if you'll post the error output here.

July 29, 2020, 09:34:45 AM
Reply #38

Finarfin

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2020, 09:34:45 AM »
This is what it is saying:

632: Wrong function <REPLACE("string", "from", "to")> : Exert a dwarf companion and make that companion <b>damage -X</b> until the regroup phase to remove X threats (limit 3".|If Gimli is damage +X spot Frodo and exert a companion with the Frodo signet to make a companion strength +X (limit +4).|<b>Damage +1</b> <br> While Frodo is the ring-bearer Gimli's twilight cost is -1. <br><b>Skirmish:</b> Exert a companion with the Frodo signet to make a companion <b>damage +1</b>. |<b>Damage +1</b><br>While skirmishing an orc\44\ Gimli is <b>damage +2</b>.|Bearer must be Gimli.<br>He is damage +1.<br><b>Skirmish:</b>Exert Gimli and make him <b>damage -X</b> to make him strength +X.|Exert a dwarf X times to make them <b>damage +X</b> until the regroup phase.|Make Gimli <b>damage -X</b> to make X different companions strength +1 until the regroup phase.|While you can spot an elf\44\ Gimli is <b>damage +1</b>.|<b>Response:</b> If the shadow player wounds a minion you may spot Legolas and Frodo and exert a companion with the Frodo signet to wound that minion again.|While mounted you may exert Arwen to cancel a <b>fierce</b> skirmish involving Arwen.|While you can spot Aragorn\44\ Arwen is strength +1.<br><b>Response:</b> If the shadow player uses a minions special ability you may exert Arwen to suspend the current phase. Begin a skirmish involving Aragorn and that minion. When it ends resume the suspended phase.|Bearer must be an elf. If bearer is Arwen Arwen\44\ Asfaloth's twilight cost is -2.<br><b>Regroup:</b> Heal a \91\wraith\93\ minion to make the move limit +1 (limit once per turn). The shadow player may discard a card to draw a card.|Each time you play an \91\elven\93\ tale you may make a companion strength +1 until the regroup phase.<br><b>Fellowship:</b> Exert Celeborn to heal an ally whose home is site 6.|If an \91\elf\93\ ally wins a skirmish you may remove a threat (or exert that ally to remove a burden).|At the start of each turns\44\ you may spot an ally whose home is site 3 and heal that ally up to 2 times.<br><b>Regroup:</b> Exert Elrond twice to take an \91\elven\93\ tale into hand your discard pile or draw deck.|The twilight cost of each \91\elven\93\ tale is -1.<br><b>Response:</b> Each time you play an \91\elven\93\ tale you may exert Galadriel to remove a burden or a threat.|Make an elf strength +2 (or +4 if that elf is an ally).|Each time the fellowship moves you may spot Gandalf in the dead pile to reinforce an \91\elven\93\ token|Each time you play an event in a skirmish involving Legolas\44\ you may spot an \91\elf\93\ tale to exert the minion he is skirmishing.|<b>Archer</b> <br> While Frodo is the ring-bearer Legolas' twilight cost is -1. <br><b>Archery:</b> Exert a companion with the Frodo signet to make the archery total +1 (limit +2).|Bearer must be Legolas.<br><b>Response:</b> Each time the shadow player exerts a minion you may exert Legolas to exert that minion again.|<b>Tale</b><br>Exert an \91\elven\93\ ally to make the shadow player exert a minion.|Each time you play an \91\elven\93\ tale you may add an \91\elven\93\ token here.<br><b>Maneuver:</b> Remove two \91\elven\93\ tokens here or discard this artifact to allow an \91\elven\93\ ally to participate in archery fire and skirmishes until the regroup phase. |Bearer must be Legolas.<br>For each wound on a minion skirmishing Legolas\44\ that minion is strength -1.|Play an \91\elven\93\ artifact from your draw deck.|While skirmishing a minion with a twilight cost of 3 or less\44\ each elf ally is strength +1 (or strength +2 if that ally is Galadriel or Celeborn).|<b>Tale</b><br>To play spot 2 \91\elven\93\ allies.<br>Each time the shadow player assigns a minion to a companion or ally\44\ that minion is strength -1 until the regroup phase.|Exert an \91\elf\93\ ally to make a companion of another culture strength +3.|When you play this condition you may add 2 \91\gandalf\93\ tokens here.<br><b>Response:</b> If Gandalf is about to take a wound you may remove 2 \91\gandalf\93\ tokens here or discard this condition to prevent it.|If Gandalf dies make all other companions and allies strength +2 until the end of the regroup phase.|While you can spot Galadriel\44\ Gandalf is <b>damage +1</b>.<br>While you can spot Elrond\44\ Gandalf is strength +2.<br>While you can spot Celeborn\44\ Gandalf takes no more than one wound in each skirmish.|While Frodo is the ring-bearer Gandalf's twilight cost is -1.<br>At the start of the Manuever phase you may exert a companion with the Frodo signet to discard a shadow condition.|At the start of each turn you may add (2) to heal an ally.|Bearer must be Gandalf.<br>He is <b>damage +1</b>.<br>While you can spot an elf this artifact's twilight cost is -1.<br>Each time Gandalf wins a skirmish you may reinforce a culture token.|If the shadow player plays the Balrog\44\ exert Gandalf twice to remove all remaining twilight.|Spot Frodo and Gandalf and exert a companion with the Frodo signet to heal x companions\44\ where x is the amount of free peoples cultures you can spot.|While you can spot Gandalf\44\ Sam is strength +1.|Spot Gandalf to make an \91\elven\93\ ally strength +2.|When you play this condition you may add a \91\gandalf\93\ token here for each of the following characters you can spot: Gandalf\44\ Radagast\44\ Elrond\44\ Galadriel and Celeborn.<br><b>Skirmish:</b> Remove a \91\gandalf\93\ token here or discard this condition to make a \91\gandalf\93\ or \91\elven\93\ character strength +1.|Place Gandalf in the dead pile to wound every minion. The shadow player may remove (5) to prevent this.|While you can spot Arwen\44\ Aragorn's twilight cost is -2.<br>While you can spot Arwen\44\ Aragorn is strength +1.|While Frodo is the ring-bearer his twilight cost is -1.<br><b>Maneuver</b> Exert a companion with the Frodo signet to make Aragorn <b>defender +1</b> until the regroup phase.|Bearer must be Aragorn.<br>The shadow player may not assign minions to skirmish Aragorn.|While Frodo is the ring-bearer Boromir's twilight cost is -1.<br>Each time Boromir wins a skirmish you may heal a companion with the Frodo signet.|Spot an exhausted companion to make a \91\gondor\93\ man strength +2 and <b>defender +1</b> until the regroup phase.|While Boromir is assigned to skirmish more than one minion\44\ Aragorn is strength +3.<br>While Aragorn is assigned to skirmish more than one minion\44\ Boromir is strength +3.|Bearer must be Boromir.<br>Boromir is <b>defender +1</b><br><b>Skirmish:</b> If Boromir is assigned to skirmish more than one minion you may spot an unassigned companion. Exert Boromir to make him strength + X where X is that companion's strength (Limit once per skirmish). |Make a \91\gondor\93\ companion strength +2 (or strength +4 and <b>damage +1</b> if that companion is skirmishing more than one minion.)|<b>Response:</b> Each time Boromir loses a skirmish\44\ make Aragorn strength +2 until the regroup phase.<br><b>Response:</b> Each time Aragorn loses a skirmish\44\ make Boromir strength +2 until the regroup phase.|To play spot Frodo and Boromir.<br>Each time a companion with the Frodo signet wins a skirmish you may add a \91\gondor\93\ token here.<br><b>Skirmish:</b>Make a minion strength -1 for each \91\gondor\93\ token here. Discard this condition. |To play spot Frodo and Aragorn.<br><b>Response:</b> If a companion is about to take a wound you may exert a companion with the Frodo signet to prevent it. |Exert an \91\Isengard\93\ minion to gain initiative until the regroup phase\44\ regardless of the Free Peoples players hand. The Free Peoples player may exert 2 companions (or one companion twice) to prevent this.|<b>Damage +1</b><br>Each time the Free Peoples player loses initiative\44\ you may play an Uruk-Hai from your hand or discard pile. That Uruk-Hai is twilight cost -2\44\ <b>Fierce</b> and Strength +2 until the regroup phase. |Saruman may not be assigned to a skirmish by either player.<br>Each time an ally exerts you may exert Saruman to make the Free Peoples player exert a companion (or 2 companions if that ally is an \91\elf\93\ ally). |Bearer must be Saruman\59\ he is <b>damage +1</b>. The first line of Saruman's game text do(...)
636: Wrong function <REPLACE("string", "from", "to")> : "REPLACE(""Exert a dwarf companion and make that companion <b>damage -X</b> until the regroup phase to remove X threats (limit 3".|If Gimli is damage +X spot Frodo and exert a companion with the Frodo signet to make a companion strength +X (limit +4
636: Wrong function <REPLACE("string", "from", "to")> : "Exert a dwarf companion and make that companion <b>damage -X</b> until the regroup phase to remove X threats (limit 3.|If Gimli is damage +X spot Frodo and exert a companion with the Frodo signet to make a companion strength +X (limit +4".|<b>Damage +1</b> <br> While Frodo is the ring-bearer Gimli's twilight cost is -1. <br><b>Skirmish:</b> Exert a companion with the Frodo signet to make a companion <b>damage +1</b>. |<b>Damage +1</b><br>While skirmishing an orc\44\ Gimli is <b>damage +2</b>.|Bearer must be Gimli.<br>He is damage +1.<br><b>Skirmish:</b>Exert Gimli and make him <b>damage -X</b> to make him strength +X.|Exert a dwarf X times to make them <b>damage +X</b> until the regroup phase.|Make Gimli <b>damage -X</b> to make X different companions strength +1 until the regroup phase.|While you can spot an elf\44\ Gimli is <b>damage +1</b>.|<b>Response:</b> If the shadow player wounds a minion you may spot Legolas and Frodo and exert a companion with the Frodo signet to wound that minion again.|While mounted you may exert Arwen to cancel a <b>fierce</b> skirmish involving Arwen.|While you can spot Aragorn\44\ Arwen is strength +1.<br><b>Response:</b> If the shadow player uses a minions special ability you may exert Arwen to suspend the current phase. Begin a skirmish involving Aragorn and that minion. When it ends resume the suspended phase.|Bearer must be an elf. If bearer is Arwen Arwen\44\ Asfaloth's twilight cost is -2.<br><b>Regroup:</b> Heal a \91\wraith\93\ minion to make the move limit +1 (limit once per turn

And then it repeats that a lot

July 29, 2020, 10:05:39 AM
Reply #39

Finarfin

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2020, 10:05:39 AM »
Think I found the offending card. No idea why it was screwing it up as I just retyped it in the same and this time it worked. Very strange

July 29, 2020, 12:38:31 PM
Reply #40

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2020, 12:38:31 PM »
Cool.  Yeah, the output cut off before it got to the offending card I think; I would assume you accidentally included a | or something. 

Oh well; if it happens again, send me the output and the csv and I'll take a look if you can't find it.

August 13, 2020, 03:26:36 AM
Reply #41

Finarfin

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2020, 03:26:36 AM »
Me again. How can I post images of my completed cards here? They are too big to attach.

August 13, 2020, 12:06:21 PM
Reply #42

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2020, 12:06:21 PM »
I would make an account at imgur.com and host them there, then embed them here using the [img] tag.

September 27, 2020, 04:30:10 AM
Reply #43

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2020, 04:30:10 AM »
Hi Teltura!

I'm having an issue having the site icon from Fellowship Block appear at top left when I try to make sites.

id   image_name   unique   title   subtitle   culture   template   card_type   card_subtype   twilight   strength   vitality   resistance   signet   site   set_num   rarity   card_num   game_text   lore   twilight_color   title_font_size   subtitle_font_size   game_text_color   icon_text_color   game_text_spacing   lore_spacing   game_text_width   border_color   tags   notes
HFG57   57p.png      Bree Inn Entrance      Site   Site                        1   %   U   57   <b>Fellowship:</b> Add a burden to play a [Gandalf] ally from your draw deck (limit once per turn).                                 

Do you have any idea how I could solve that?

PS. I think that this thread should be pinned at the top of the Chamber of Mazarbul board. Any mods agree?

September 27, 2020, 09:00:26 PM
Reply #44

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2020, 09:00:26 PM »
Hmm, as in, you get the wrong site icon?  Could you show me what the output looks like?  When I type in what you put here, I get a pretty normal image.

(ignore the white border thingy, that's due to a failed experiment I still need to rip out)