LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: 2021 Player's Council Survey  (Read 2338 times)

January 14, 2021, 08:24:59 AM
Read 2338 times

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
2021 Player's Council Survey
« on: January 14, 2021, 08:24:59 AM »
It's been more than 6 months since we ran the survey that ultimately led to the creation of the Player's Council, and it's time to do it again and see if any thing's changed!

See the survey here:

https://forms.gle/yWH6B7PPEbLWBDSRA

We hope to make this an annual or semiannual process. If you have Opinions about the PC or the game in general, then fill this out to let us know! It will help us steer our decisions to fit the most people possible.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

January 14, 2021, 05:10:06 PM
Reply #1

elfwarrior

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Re: 2021 Player's Council Survey
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 05:10:06 PM »
 I filled out the survey, but forgot to add that I think it is good for new players and those that don't have the time to play lots of games everyday to have all the cards be unlocked for deckbuilding. Because all the cards are unlocked now and with my limited playing time I  was able to build the deck I wanted without having to spend weeks or months unlocking things. There is talk about making collecting on GEMP relevant again, and I just wanted to mention my concern.

Also a casual paper format that some people mentioned on this forum is modifying starters decks and battling them against each other. With a limit on the number of cards to change in the deck this format could be brought to GEMP because paper LOTR TCG is out of print, but still obtainable... for now.
Thank you,

-elfwarrior

January 14, 2021, 05:24:53 PM
Reply #2

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 05:24:53 PM »
I personally agree; there's potential for some sort of voluntary collection mode, but I think that the great appeal of platforms like gemp is being able to construct anything you can think of without grinding.

Without exaggeration, I think I can say that the last survey is responsible for us making the right choices at the beginning that have permitted us to still be around half a year later.  I hope that this survey does the same for the next six months, and you've helped it do that.  Thanks for filling it out! 
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

January 15, 2021, 04:23:25 AM
Reply #3

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 04:23:25 AM »
For what it's worth this is the first time I've ever seen anyone mention what you are talking about. No need for concern, everyone agrees that having all cards available from the start is best.

January 19, 2021, 10:13:16 PM
Reply #4

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 10:13:16 PM »
Bump!  We've hit about 40 respondents, so thank you to everyone who has responded so far!  Last time we ran a survey about six months ago we got about 80, so if you haven't filled out the survey yet, then please do so!  Every answer we get gives us an ever-clearer view of what it is people value, and we want to make the decisions that help the most number of people enjoy the game.

Help us help you!